PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
What sucks? What step are you having trouble with? If you cant get it you can just use the correct Simple root for your software.
I am ok now... My phone came with the 1.47.651.1 and it wouldn't let me use the PRE OTA. I kept getting an error. I ultimately found the POST-OTA and used that and it was a success.

Then I tried the PRE-OTA which of course worked. Having found out that I was using the PRE and not the POST, I had to redo the whole thing for the POST. That's what sucked! (lack of knowledge).
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

I need help guys!!! Ive been stuck for hours on step 5N.
Ive followed every step to the "T" so far but now im one of the unfortunate ones that gets the error message. The instructions on how to correct this are unclear to me. Could anyone out there please help me to be able to move to the next step. I read the threads...it seems like im the only who couldnt get past this point...damn im a noob!

Last edited by roofus3000; 07-23-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
I need help guys!!! Ive been stuck for hours on step 5N.
Ive followed every step to the "T" so far but now im one of the unfortunate ones that gets the error message. The instructions on how to correct this are unclear to me. Could anyone out there please help me to be able to move to the next step. I read the threads...it seems like im the only who couldnt get past this point...damn im a noob!
What is it about the fix that is giving you trouble?

If the fix or the steps don't make sense to you then I'd suggest you try Simple root as mentioned in the previous few posts.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

Ok got my replacement EVO, but now when I try to do the simple root and click on step 1 the black script box pops up briefly and then dissapears. Its in debug mode and have reinstalled both the HTC sync and Microsoft Network 4.0. I've also tried setting the usb connection to both charge and drive mode. Not sure what the problem is.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
Ok got my replacement EVO, but now when I try to do the simple root and click on step 1 the black script box pops up briefly and then dissapears. Its in debug mode and have reinstalled both the HTC sync and Microsoft Network 4.0. I've also tried setting the usb connection to both charge and drive mode. Not sure what the problem is.
Try setting the USB to Sync.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok that didn't work either.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Try setting the USB to Sync.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
I didn't do Simple root but my guess is when you DLd Sync it didnt intsall the drivers correctly.
Try to open Sync and perform a sync with the phone.
Try running Simple root with Sync open.
Try an uninstall/reinstall of Sync.

Just some guesses of what I would try if it were me.
Good luck.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Also, if you uninstall stuff, reboot the pc before you re-install.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok guys I've tried everything you guys suggested, and still no luck. Are there supposed to be any certain files on my SD card that I need for this to work? Thanks for the help again.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh I'm also using the usb cable from my wifes Palm Pre instead of the EVO usb because I left mine at work for obvious reasons. I'm wondering if that might be the problem. I'm trying to sync my EVO right now to test it and it seems to be taking an extended period of time. So far about 4-5 minutes.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos