PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Manually Completely Wipe - Not Using Rom Manager

There is nothing else to wipe but that...

Power Down>Then Hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time>then scroll to Recovery>press power key>everything is in there
Old 08-01-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

I want to ask a question my Baseband is 2.05.00.06.10 can I still use any of these methods to root my phone?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work
Can I root if baseband is 2.05.00.06.10

My phone was bricked but Sprint was able to bring it back but they updated the baseband so I am looking for the best or appropiate method to root my phone... Any help?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3deezy!!
Carrier: blah! sprint :/

1uk3 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Rooting froyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover View Post
The devs probably already rooted but not put out in public till the real rom is out on 8/3 so they dont patch the loophole b4 it go's out unless its a different rom than the leaked 1
thats exactly what i needed to know. thanks given
Old 08-01-2010, 04:41 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: How to Manually Completely Wipe - Not Using Rom Manager

thread moved
Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburglar Hunk View Post
Okay thanks for all the info iknowsquat I first checked the version in my bootloader and it is only 79.000 so im assuming the Nand isn't unlocked? Can I unlock it by just following this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...Kbw&feature=iv
Again thanks for all the help
Check you're software version
Menu>Settings>About Phone>Software info
If your version is 1.32.651.1 or 1.32.651.6 yes, the video will work fine. That's what I made it for.
If you're on version 1.47.651.1, then you need to use Section 5 of the tutorial
******** ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)********

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
I want to ask a question my Baseband is 2.05.00.06.10 can I still use any of these methods to root my phone?
Baseband is just the radio version of your phone, not the software that determines which method you need.
Check your software version (based on your Baseband, I'm guessing your on 1.47.651.1)
If you are, then you need to use Section 5 of the tutorial
******** ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1 (Full Root)********

If your version is 1.32.651.1 or 1.32.651.6, then do Section 1 & 2. There is also a video for sections 1 & 2 in the first post.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC View Post
Yeah theres just something about Jessica Alba's ass that's very captivating, puts me in a trance-like state lmao...

But thanks man I do appreciate the feedback, I'm just kinda nervous since it's so involved lol... Coming from "HSPL Unlock, Flash ROM, done" to "step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, step 5....... step 427, step 428, etc" lol a bit exaggerating but I guess I was just overwhelmed lol... However, I was watching YouTube vid's on rooting, and I came across this 3 step tutorial by EmoGamer I believe, and he's using Toast's OTA SimpleRoot and it's named after my ROM so would I be able to do that instead of all these other steps..?? I can't really find much feedback on that program, but maybe I'm not searching in the right areas, thanks man..
The only other process I'm confident in is Simple root. It's just the automated version of these steps. Make sure it's the right one for your software version. There's Simple root and Simple root 1.47
Old 08-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@JDM-That's the one
Old 08-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Bigtime2269 is a n00b

I did a manual update to froyo on friday night. Can I still root my phone?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime2269 View Post
I did a manual update to froyo on friday night. Can I still root my phone?

Nope. Hopefully someone will develop a process but for now you're SOL for root.
You could try to flash a stock RUU for an older version but I wouldn't hold your breath.
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos