PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Contacts and calendar from WinMo to Evo?

What about regular "Notes", not related to any contact, but started from "New". I have hundred of them for tracking key codes, alarm codes, paint codes, and much other info for dozens of commercial buildings I oversee. Am I able to transfer them somehow? Is there an equivalent program to Notes in Android? Is there a way to transfer them over somehow?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
What about regular "Notes", not related to any contact, but started from "New". I have hundred of them for tracking key codes, alarm codes, paint codes, and much other info for dozens of commercial buildings I oversee. Am I able to transfer them somehow? Is there an equivalent program to Notes in Android? Is there a way to transfer them over somehow?
there are many note apps, but notes isn't native to android so I don't know how you will transfer current ones.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-13-2010, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
What format are they in? I too have hundreds of docs that I absolutely have to have. Mine are all word docs though and saved on my storage card, so I'll just put them all on my new storage card when I get it.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am a bit nervous about syncing with Google. I followed the instructions, and was unable to change my user name and password on the device. It appears to be that in order to go further I have to remove the current server settings and I believe that removes everything from the device.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Does Android offer layered calendars like WebOS? I would like to have my phone sync the calendar (and hopefully tasks) with my Outlook exchange account.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

I'm confused. Let me simplify my question.

I have Winmo. I'm going to Android EVO when it comes out.

I already have a Gmail acct and the contacts are simply mirrored from my yahoo.

I have certain info in yahoo vs my phone which is why I never set up a yahoo acct on the winmo phone.

Example. My brother. On my Win Mo, I've got 3 email addresses for him and 4 phone #'s. In Gmail, I have those 2 different address and one different phone #.

When I get any android device and Bluetooth the info from Win Mo to Android so I can have the specific info I want on the phone, if I use my existing gmail acct to log into the android device, will the phone info and gmail info get merged?

Cuz to me it sounds like I'm gonna have to revamp my gmail acct or use a different one.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
I'm confused. Let me simplify my question.

I have Winmo. I'm going to Android EVO when it comes out.

I already have a Gmail acct and the contacts are simply mirrored from my yahoo.

I have certain info in yahoo vs my phone which is why I never set up a yahoo acct on the winmo phone.

Example. My brother. On my Win Mo, I've got 3 email addresses for him and 4 phone #'s. In Gmail, I have those 2 different address and one different phone #.

When I get any android device and Bluetooth the info from Win Mo to Android so I can have the specific info I want on the phone, if I use my existing gmail acct to log into the android device, will the phone info and gmail info get merged?

Cuz to me it sounds like I'm gonna have to revamp my gmail acct or use a different one.

Thanks in advance
I used to sync my contacts via HTC Sync, using Outlook. It put all of those contacts under a "Phone" group. The Gmail contacts were under a "Gmail" group. I was able to see them all, grouped together. In your example, you will see your brother twice in the list.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
I used to sync my contacts via HTC Sync, using Outlook. It put all of those contacts under a "Phone" group. The Gmail contacts were under a "Gmail" group. I was able to see them all, grouped together. In your example, you will see your brother twice in the list.
Wait, I never knew there was an option to Sync an Android from Outlook. Does it also Sync from Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, or Outlook Express?

Also, if you use the HTC Sync and do that, does it bring over all the fields, the notes, and the catagory? Does it do the calendar and tasks too?

And after all that, is there a way to merge it with gmail so you only have 1 contact list and it is backed up in the cloud?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Wait, I never knew there was an option to Sync an Android from Outlook. Does it also Sync from Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, or Outlook Express?

Also, if you use the HTC Sync and do that, does it bring over all the fields, the notes, and the catagory? Does it do the calendar and tasks too?

And after all that, is there a way to merge it with gmail so you only have 1 contact list and it is backed up in the cloud?
I've only used it with Outlook (office 2003), and to sync contacts. It brought over everything I needed it to bring over, which was just the contact names/numbers. It does not bring over categories, apparently, which was Salty's purpose for this post. Not sure about tasks, or calendar.

The contacts that you sync to the phone via HTC Sync are kept in a separate group, "Phone", and don't sync with your gmail account. In order to have your outlook contacts in Gmail (at least the way I did it), was to export your contacts from outlook into a CSV. Then, upload that CSV to your gmail account (I setup a separate gmail account for contacts only). From there, I didn't need outlook anymore.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint 4G (oh yeah!)

bporter001 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am specifically looking to not store my data in the cloud which is why I want the direct Outlook to Android sync.
www.markspace.com

Sync just about everything directly from one device to the other. I used their PalmPre version to migrate my wife from WinMo to Pre about a year ago and had no problems with it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G