PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Do you have the patent number on that?
I think it's this one:
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...DN/20080211766

But this statement is from wikipedia:
The latest revisions of Apple's notebooks (including the MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro), all feature a glass touchpad with multi-touch gestures.[5] Apple is currently in the process of trying to patent its “Multi-touch” technology and to trademark the term "multi-touch".[

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 12-06-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Apple owns a patent on HOW they make muti-touch happen on their handhelds. They are using the same technology in their laptops and such now as well.

Microsoft owns a patent on HOW they make muti-touch work on their new harware as well. They are not retricted to Surface and could use it in a handheld if they choose to make one.

Apple was the first to use it in a phone, but there are many companies that are developing for it now. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-touch) the application of multi-touch will be getting bigger and bigger ...
MS own a patent on multi touch? where did U read that? The wiki link does not mention anywhere that microsoft owns the patent. U r guessing and or assuming
Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Commence The Touch!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:33 AM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
This article seems to imply that current windows mobile phones are capable of multi touch, but the function has to be implemented into the OS. Maybe Im reading it wrong, but according to this author, it seems to be more of a software issue, not hardware.

http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/37508
You know what multi touch u get from just a software with no hardware? read post 21. It's close, but not the real thing.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
MS own a patent on multi touch? where did U read that? The wiki link does not mention anywhere that microsoft owns the patent. U r guessing and or assuming
I was assuming. I didn't search out the patent. If you think about it, think about the chips in phones. There are many kinds of chips used from a few different companies. Could you imagine if one company patented "chips" just broadly ... It's the process, the "how it works" that is patented. Each company's chip is based in slightly different technology so they can each make their own.

Say you need to get somewhere and you take one route and another guy takes a different route, but you make it to the same place ... you both "claim" your routes as your own and charge fees for others to be on you respective routes. That's how I look at it.

But, no, I don't read patents... they are over my head.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:43 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
I was assuming. I didn't search out the patent. If you think about it, think about the chips in phones. There are many kinds of chips used from a few different companies. Could you imagine if one company patented "chips" just broadly ... It's the process, the "how it works" that is patented. Each company's chip is based in slightly different technology so they can each make their own.

Say you need to get somewhere and you take one route and another guy takes a different route, but you make it to the same place ... you both "claim" your routes as your own and charge fees for others to be on you respective routes. That's how I look at it.

But, no, I don't read patents... they are over my head.
do u know that sirfstar III chipsets is on the verge of being banned in the us for patent infridgement against broadcom? what do u mean u dont patent the chip?
Old 12-06-2008, 02:31 PM
you know ...

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think you are missing what I'm saying. What Qualcom and Sirfstar are fighting about is that Qualcom is using Sirfs exact technology. They didn't find their own.

But If I make a chip that can run really fast by using diodes and you make a chip that runs at the same speed by use capacitors ... well, then we don't have conflicting patents. That is probably a really dumbed down explination, but it's the best I can do. I just think I'm not explaining myself well enough.

I don't want you to think I was fighting with anyone or saying anybody was wrong ... I just added my 2 cents. Maybe just 1 cent.

I'd hate to be a patent lawyer, though.

Also, Qualcom and Sirfstar signed an agreement recently ... http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/s...6/daily84.html . .. which may or may not end the fight.

Last edited by meatgel; 12-06-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
I think you are missing what I'm saying. What Qualcom and Sirfstar are fighting about is that Qualcom is using Sirfs exact technology. They didn't find their own.

But If I make a chip that can run really fast by using diodes and you make a chip that runs at the same speed by use capacitors ... well, then we don't have conflicting patents. That is probably a really dumbed down explination, but it's the best I can do. I just think I'm not explaining myself well enough.

I don't want you to think I was fighting with anyone or saying anybody was wrong ... I just added my 2 cents. Maybe just 1 cent.

I'd hate to be a patent lawyer, though.
I am not fighting. I wanna state facts. and I am not talking about qualcom and sirfstar. It's broadcom and sirfstar. Sirfstar makes GPS chips andbroadcom makes bluetooth but i got what ur saying now. but where does that apply? Multi touch between apple and MS? MS does not own any patent on multitouch. The nobody owns the technology itself. But apple is trying to get it. But like I said, It will be imposible.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
you know ...

K. I got ya!

Here's something that has a lot of info, too: http://www.aboutmicrosoftsurface.com...nd-patents.php

and if you want a whole history of this hub-bub (lots to read, but very informative): http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchOverview.html

Last edited by meatgel; 12-06-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:04 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
K. I got ya!

Here's something that has a lot of info, too: http://www.aboutmicrosoftsurface.com...nd-patents.php
That is a nice read. U see, microsoft does not have patent on multi touch and they are trying to get some for the surface. They have 5000 patented idea but non for multi touch. Apple in the other hand got the most patent for multitouch and fingerworks. And fingerworks was acquired by apple. U see those name in there listed? It's most if not all apple. Since nobody owns the multi touch technology itself, microsofts surface does not need to worry as it says in the last statement.

The above may not be a threat to Microsoft Surface, but reveal that many inventors are working on multi touch, multi user technologies all the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond