PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 03:07 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
K. I got ya!

Here's something that has a lot of info, too: http://www.aboutmicrosoftsurface.com...nd-patents.php

and if you want a whole history of this hub-bub (lots to read, but very informative): http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchOverview.html
I think U should tell that to people that does not know like the dude that insists about surface and hardware and mouse and keyboards and stuffs. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 12-06-2008, 03:24 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

We went far about patents simply because 1 disagree with some of my post and turned out, he does not understand a lot of things. well here it is and I am gonna say it again. The OP is asking for pinch and zoom cab for the Diamond. A lot says it's not posible coz the diamond does not have multi touch on it's screen. Some ask why there is no cab for this. I said, There is no multi touch for WM or any other handheld device out there aside from Iphone and Ipod touch because they own the patent for it. Maybe in the future but not at the moment. End of the story. Thanks everyone for reading and I hope a lot of U learned something. No pwning required just pure fact.LMAO!
Old 12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol all this went from pinch and zoom to copyrights, patents and stupid frikking apple wars lol

Old 12-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
lol all this went from pinch and zoom to copyrights, patents and stupid frikking apple wars lol
its ALL APPLES FAULT!!!!!!! lol

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

kaos4u2nv is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Because we have phones with more versatility, more capability and more objectivity. iPhones are great for people who want a cool phone with a high toy factor and a near to zero work factor to it. WinMo phones are for people who want a cool phone with a medium toy factor and a high work factor to it.

It never fails that people seem to want to compare iPhones to WinMo phones. I personally think that it has to do with what I typically call the "envy factor." The fact is that the iPhone is a great phone and a great platform, for some. Just like WinMo is a great phone and platform for others. But we are in a forum for WinMo phones and I am constantly seeing posts asking if our phones can do this, that or the other thing that iPhones can do.

It just gets on my nerves after awhile. IMO, it's kind of like a guy with a hot blonde wife that sees a cute brunette walk across the street and wishes he could have a little of this and a little of that from the brunette. The way I look at it is that what we have is great and there is no need to keep looking over at the neighbor's yard and desperately looking for a patch of greener grass.

Anyway... sorry for the rant and for injecting myself into your conversation...
Honestly, I'm kinda tired of people always saying they're tired of hearing about the iPhone. Sure, it may not be able to do a lot of things WinMo can do, but it's user-friendly interface and the smoothness in the way everything just works together is certainly something to envy and certainly every phone should try to strive for or exceed. People keep mentioning it for a reason so you will keep hearing it for a long time until someone comes out with the next big thing that will be the standard to beat.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
lol!

i should've never posted this thread...
Old 12-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Jethro, you don't understand nearly as much as you think you do... and your act that only you have all the answers is tiresome and silly. Please open your ears and eyes a little bit.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Personally I think multi touch on the iphone for zooming in on photos isn't all that great. I actually like being able to simply draw a circle where I want to zoom much better. Multi touch unlock would be pretty damn cool though.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, or don't remember from the tp reviews, when you open an image with your album, then draw a circle anywhere on the image, it zooms in on it. You can do this with one hand. Multi touch on the iphone requires two hands.

Gaming with multi touch seems to be a must though if you want to stand out.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Multi-touch is pretty awkward when you're trying to use the device with one hand.

It's hard to deny that the iPhone interface and UI are far superior to anything we've seen in the WinMo world to date, though. The thing is quick, responsive, and brain-dead easy to use.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
╚════════════════╝

multi touch is not only for pics. it is used for browser and any other aps that needs it like google maps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond