PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:10 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Microsoft has been hard at work developing all sorts of multi-touch surfaces and appliances. Their research department is currently one of the most prominent leaders in the area of multi-touch interfaces and devices. Go Google "microsoft surface" and have a read. You can even go buy one right now.

Microsoft does make hardware, by the way. Lots of input hardware in particular. I'm currently typing on a Microsoft keyboard and using a Microsoft mouse. I have a pair of Microsoft game controllers for my PC sitting on my desk at home, next to another Microsoft keyboard.

Multi-touch interfaces are a combination of hardware and software, just like most interfaces.
dude i think u should go and search google what handheld means. and yeah ms makes hardware, all of which are already excisting they just brand it with their name. unless they have the patent for it.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
dude i think u should go and search google what handheld means. and yeah ms makes hardware, all of which are already excisting they just brand it with their name. unless they have the patent for it.
I hate to stray further off topic, but you are incorrect about this.

Microsoft designs most of their hardware in-house. Their keyboards, mice, game controllers, consoles, etc, do not "already exist." Microsoft has a sizable hardware division that has created their entire line of keyboards, mice, game controllers, and game consoles.

This includes Microsoft Surface, a multi-touch hardware device, powered by Microsoft software, which is in production and has been used on various TV programs and by other businesses.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I hate to stray further off topic, but you are incorrect about this.

Microsoft designs most of their hardware in-house. Their keyboards, mice, game controllers, consoles, etc, do not "already exist." Microsoft has a sizable hardware division that has created their entire line of keyboards, mice, game controllers, and game consoles.

This includes Microsoft Surface, a multi-touch hardware device, powered by Microsoft software, which is in production and has been used on various TV programs and by other businesses.
everything u said is obvious. what existing means that before microsoft made kb and mouse, there is kb n mouse already. they just join the game. n multi touch were talking about is for handheld. tell me a microsoft handheld device with multi touch.im at work so i will pwn u when i get home
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
im at work so i will pwn u when i get home
.. I beg your pardon? What does this mean?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
.. I beg your pardon? What does this mean?
oh dont worry. it just basically means i will tell where ur wrong and irrelevant an did not understand my posts coz u take every word literally. that's all.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wow, dude. You're taking this stuff way too personally. I was just injecting some facts into this discussion. Microsoft makes hardware, and Microsoft makes multi-touch hardware. That's all.

If I am wrong in anything I said, I invite you to correct me. I believe my statements were all correct, though.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think his statements are true also!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i think all jethro is saying that though microsoft may make the hardware for computers, they do not have a stream line handheld in production with multitouch.

but it seems odd (more like fuc**n stupid) to me that apple can some how patent MULTITOUCH "TECHNOLOGY" so that it cant be put out by any other phone company without having to worry about getting sued.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Wow, dude. You're taking this stuff way too personally. I was just injecting some facts into this discussion. Microsoft makes hardware, and Microsoft makes multi-touch hardware. That's all.

If I am wrong in anything I said, I invite you to correct me. I believe my statements were all correct, though.
Ok, Microsoft makes multi touch software and hardware. true. But not for handhelds because apple owns the patent for multi touch handhelds. this was all we're talking about ever since the beginning of my post. Microsoft surface is not a handheld and is as big as ur coffee table. Apple does not own multi touch technology on everything else aside for handhelds. That is why Iphone and ipods have it and no other handheld device. There is one I mentioned earlier which is meizu. A chinese company. They do not care about patent infringement because their government does not give a crap on this things. They have more important things to take care of rather than going after apples problems.

Trust me, I do not take anything personally. I just want to educate people like U. U try so hard to prove me wrong with ur irrelevant posts. I do not say that what U say is false, But it is irrelevant.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
i think all jethro is saying that though microsoft may make the hardware for computers, they do not have a stream line handheld in production with multitouch.

but it seems odd (more like fuc**n stupid) to me that apple can some how patent MULTITOUCH "TECHNOLOGY" so that it cant be put out by any other phone company without having to worry about getting sued.
Yes exactly my point. Thanks

Not only MS.ANy other handheld manufacturers like HTC, Samsung, LG. They cannot make a device with multi touch out of the box because they will be liable for patent infringement. Microsoft may have multi touch capabilities on WM7 but it's only a software. Multi touch will not work on software alone. So MS is not breaking any rules. Once HTC for example made a WM7 device and put a multi touch hardware in it and release it to the public without Apples permission, Guess what? LOL

Last edited by jethro_static; 12-05-2008 at 06:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond