PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

The screen is a resistive touch screen. It registers touches when your finger physically presses one sheet of material into another sheet. Trying to use multi-touch on such a screen would not be very accurate.

The iPhone screen is a piece of hard glass. It's a capacitive touchscreen. It registers physical contact with any material that has electric capacitance, such as human skin. Since you're not squeezing two sheets of material together, it's much much more responsive and accurate for using multi-touch.

Of course, you can't use gloves or a stylus with the iPhone.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post

Of course, you can't use gloves or a stylus with the iPhone.
buttt, thats the one big thing about the iphone screen.

Buttons can't be pressed in your pocket, briefcase, or anything.
anddd, you don't need a stylus for anything!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I so hate hearing about the iPhone all of the time around here....
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I so hate hearing about the iPhone all of the time around here....
why don't you like the iphone??

not saying that i like it, just wondering what your reason was for posting this.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman25 View Post
why don't you like the iphone??

not saying that i like it, just wondering what your reason was for posting this.
Because we have phones with more versatility, more capability and more objectivity. iPhones are great for people who want a cool phone with a high toy factor and a near to zero work factor to it. WinMo phones are for people who want a cool phone with a medium toy factor and a high work factor to it.

It never fails that people seem to want to compare iPhones to WinMo phones. I personally think that it has to do with what I typically call the "envy factor." The fact is that the iPhone is a great phone and a great platform, for some. Just like WinMo is a great phone and platform for others. But we are in a forum for WinMo phones and I am constantly seeing posts asking if our phones can do this, that or the other thing that iPhones can do.

It just gets on my nerves after awhile. IMO, it's kind of like a guy with a hot blonde wife that sees a cute brunette walk across the street and wishes he could have a little of this and a little of that from the brunette. The way I look at it is that what we have is great and there is no need to keep looking over at the neighbor's yard and desperately looking for a patch of greener grass.

Anyway... sorry for the rant and for injecting myself into your conversation...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Because we have phones with more versatility, more capability and more objectivity. iPhones are great for people who want a cool phone with a high toy factor and a near to zero work factor to it. WinMo phones are for people who want a cool phone with a medium toy factor and a high work factor to it.

It never fails that people seem to want to compare iPhones to WinMo phones. I personally think that it has to do with what I typically call the "envy factor." The fact is that the iPhone is a great phone and a great platform, for some. Just like WinMo is a great phone and platform for others. But we are in a forum for WinMo phones and I am constantly seeing posts asking if our phones can do this, that or the other thing that iPhones can do.

It just gets on my nerves after awhile. IMO, it's kind of like a guy with a hot blonde wife that sees a cute brunette walk across the street and wishes he could have a little of this and a little of that from the brunette. The way I look at it is that what we have is great and there is no need to keep looking over at the neighbor's yard and desperately looking for a patch of greener grass.

it's okay. I completely agree with you.
I'm not a very big business man myself; therefore, i like some features of the iphone, but the cost isn't one of them.
Also, I am a gadget guy, and I like a lot of toys and fun things.
But you know, that's just mee.

I agree with a lot of the things you have said.

Is there a way to close this forum?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild

Quote:

personally i like my phone to be able to do what the iphone does so i can shove it in their face and show them mine can do that plus these hundred other things
Old 12-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Ok... When viewing a picture in the TF3D...

Just draw a circle with your finger around the area you wish to zoom... it will zoom smoothly into the area and then adjust the quality.

I like it better that the iphone...

Hope that helps!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

psweitzer is just getting started

+1 for rainfreak's rant

BUT.... while I dont have an iPhone I do have an iPod touch and absolutely love it... the one thing I *really* love is the screen size...
if I could have a 3.5" screen on my Diamond I'd be in heaven!!
I know I know... it exists and is called HTC HD but Bell might have that in a couple years!!! more likely they'll have their GSM network first at which point I will not be tied to their minimal selection of phones!!!!

uh oh... I just started ranting too didn't I...
1st HTC Vogue ( R.I.P. 09/20/2008 )
2nd HTC Vogue found a new owner 12/10/2008!
Current ROM : Caulklin
Radio : Stock Bell
Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

man, i can't seem to remember the name of the app, but Jethro_Static and I were seeking the development of it... man... i'm stumped... all i remember is that it had a multi touch feature called iZoom... which had that multi goin on...

lemme see if i can find it...

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond