View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM
parkman25
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Because we have phones with more versatility, more capability and more objectivity. iPhones are great for people who want a cool phone with a high toy factor and a near to zero work factor to it. WinMo phones are for people who want a cool phone with a medium toy factor and a high work factor to it.

It never fails that people seem to want to compare iPhones to WinMo phones. I personally think that it has to do with what I typically call the "envy factor." The fact is that the iPhone is a great phone and a great platform, for some. Just like WinMo is a great phone and platform for others. But we are in a forum for WinMo phones and I am constantly seeing posts asking if our phones can do this, that or the other thing that iPhones can do.

It just gets on my nerves after awhile. IMO, it's kind of like a guy with a hot blonde wife that sees a cute brunette walk across the street and wishes he could have a little of this and a little of that from the brunette. The way I look at it is that what we have is great and there is no need to keep looking over at the neighbor's yard and desperately looking for a patch of greener grass.

Anyway... sorry for the rant and for injecting myself into your conversation...
it's okay. I completely agree with you.
I'm not a very big business man myself; therefore, i like some features of the iphone, but the cost isn't one of them.
Also, I am a gadget guy, and I like a lot of toys and fun things.
But you know, that's just mee.

I agree with a lot of the things you have said.

Is there a way to close this forum?