PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
man, i can't seem to remember the name of the app, but Jethro_Static and I were seeking the development of it... man... i'm stumped... all i remember is that it had a multi touch feature called iZoom... which had that multi goin on...

lemme see if i can find it...
AH HA! FOUND IT! iSwish... which has a different name now... created by Youilabs... check out the video on this site on the bottom left

MULTI TOUCH(unless its a hoax): http://www.youilabs.com/

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

I don't think it's a hoax. But it's not the true multi touch tho. As U can see in the vid, U have to touch at 1 point 1st then touch another. But it's close. I won't mind using it.

If U guys don't know yet, Apple owns the patent for Multi touch on handheld. That is why U cannot see it on any handheld for a technology that is 2 years old. U can see multi touch on devices but it is hidden or purposely disabled to avoid lawsuit. Meizu m8 have multi touch. But this is chinese company. and US jurisdiction cannot touch those guys simply because their law does not give a crap. U can see all those Iphone or any other phone clones floting around. Back to meizu, Since they have multi touch and it cannot be released or else apple lawyers will be on their @ss, there is a loophole. As long as they put "demo unit" sticker on the device, they cannot be sued. SO they can do that on all the device they wanna sell.

Prolly in the future, Other devices will have multi touch as long as apple got a cut on it but at this point, It's their bread and butter so they won't be licensing it to any other competitor.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I don't think it's a hoax. But it's not the true multi touch tho. As U can see in the vid, U have to touch at 1 point 1st then touch another. But it's close. I won't mind using it.

If U guys don't know yet, Apple owns the patent for Multi touch on handheld. That is why U cannot see it on any handheld for a technology that is 2 years old. U can see multi touch on devices but it is hidden or purposely disabled to avoid lawsuit. Meizu m8 have multi touch. But this is chinese company. and US jurisdiction cannot touch those guys simply because their law does not give a crap. U can see all those Iphone or any other phone clones floting around. Back to meizu, Since they have multi touch and it cannot be released or else apple lawyers will be on their @ss, there is a loophole. As long as they put "demo unit" sticker on the device, they cannot be sued. SO they can do that on all the device they wanna sell.

Prolly in the future, Other devices will have multi touch as long as apple got a cut on it but at this point, It's their bread and butter so they won't be licensing it to any other competitor.
damn, that's complete bulls**t!
I HATE apple now!
They always have to have something their own.

Like how itunes is their own and not any other music service could sync with the ipod until just recently when rhapsody got the feature.

It's crap!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 AM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkman25 View Post
damn, that's complete bulls**t!
I HATE apple now!
They always have to have something their own.

Like how itunes is their own and not any other music service could sync with the ipod until just recently when rhapsody got the feature.

It's crap!
It's sad to admit but Apple is really an innovator on technology. They thought of the things they have now decades ago. Like the OSX dock. They applied for the patent of that 10 years ago. it was just recently awarded to them. SO now, Nobody can copy their dock. They can now sue object desktop for copying it to Vista machines.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:36 AM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Because we have phones with more versatility, more capability and more objectivity. iPhones are great for people who want a cool phone with a high toy factor and a near to zero work factor to it. WinMo phones are for people who want a cool phone with a medium toy factor and a high work factor to it.

It never fails that people seem to want to compare iPhones to WinMo phones. I personally think that it has to do with what I typically call the "envy factor." The fact is that the iPhone is a great phone and a great platform, for some. Just like WinMo is a great phone and platform for others. But we are in a forum for WinMo phones and I am constantly seeing posts asking if our phones can do this, that or the other thing that iPhones can do.

It just gets on my nerves after awhile. IMO, it's kind of like a guy with a hot blonde wife that sees a cute brunette walk across the street and wishes he could have a little of this and a little of that from the brunette. The way I look at it is that what we have is great and there is no need to keep looking over at the neighbor's yard and desperately looking for a patch of greener grass.

Anyway... sorry for the rant and for injecting myself into your conversation...
Well said, I gotta say. He explains it clearly without false accusations on the other phone. U can see a lot of people that dislike the other phone here. Since they dislike the other phone, They say things that is not true. But rainfreak's comment it totally unbiased.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

so if they have it patented, how is it that microsoft continues developing multitouch platforms for their new operating systems for pc nd mobile? are they not concerned about the lawsuit which they might face?

or is it that they didnt expect apple to get a patent?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
╚════════════════╝

ms does not have a handheld or planning to have a handheld with a multi touch. can u name a ms handheld with multi touch?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
ms does not have a handheld or planning to have a handheld with a multi touch. can u name a ms handheld with multi touch?
no no dont get me wrong, im not saying theres one currently available on the market.

But rumours and many news reports said that future microsoft os, and windows mobile 7 was going to concentrate significantly on multitouch (or am i mistaken and "windows 7" is a new os, not related to handhelds at all?)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/4217348.html
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
no no dont get me wrong, im not saying theres one currently available on the market.

But rumours and many news reports said that future microsoft os, and windows mobile 7 was going to concentrate significantly on multitouch (or am i mistaken and "windows 7" is a new os, not related to handhelds at all?)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/4217348.html
i did not read the link but i want u to know that multi touch is a hardware and ms makes the software. so anybody can make a multi touch capable os. its up to the device manufacturer if they wanna put multi touch hardware in it. it all depends on the patent owner.
if multi touch is simply a software, we prolly all have it now. the closest a software can get is on the link that mah brotherman syanni posted. but then again its just close. not the real thing. plus until now they cannot release it. maybe apple got involved?we do not know
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i did not read the link but i want u to know that multi touch is a hardware and ms makes the software. so anybody can make a multi touch capable os. its up to the device manufacturer if they wanna put multi touch hardware in it. it all depends on the patent owner.
if multi touch is simply a software, we prolly all have it now. the closest a software can get is on the link that mah brotherman syanni posted. but then again its just close. not the real thing. plus until now they cannot release it. maybe apple got involved?we do not know
Microsoft has been hard at work developing all sorts of multi-touch surfaces and appliances. Their research department is currently one of the most prominent leaders in the area of multi-touch interfaces and devices. Go Google "microsoft surface" and have a read. You can even go buy one right now.

Microsoft does make hardware, by the way. Lots of input hardware in particular. I'm currently typing on a Microsoft keyboard and using a Microsoft mouse. I have a pair of Microsoft game controllers for my PC sitting on my desk at home, next to another Microsoft keyboard.

Multi-touch interfaces are a combination of hardware and software, just like most interfaces.

Last edited by jonnythan; 12-05-2008 at 12:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond