View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
parkman25
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

parkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularparkman25 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pinch and Zoom App

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
I don't think it's a hoax. But it's not the true multi touch tho. As U can see in the vid, U have to touch at 1 point 1st then touch another. But it's close. I won't mind using it.

If U guys don't know yet, Apple owns the patent for Multi touch on handheld. That is why U cannot see it on any handheld for a technology that is 2 years old. U can see multi touch on devices but it is hidden or purposely disabled to avoid lawsuit. Meizu m8 have multi touch. But this is chinese company. and US jurisdiction cannot touch those guys simply because their law does not give a crap. U can see all those Iphone or any other phone clones floting around. Back to meizu, Since they have multi touch and it cannot be released or else apple lawyers will be on their @ss, there is a loophole. As long as they put "demo unit" sticker on the device, they cannot be sued. SO they can do that on all the device they wanna sell.

Prolly in the future, Other devices will have multi touch as long as apple got a cut on it but at this point, It's their bread and butter so they won't be licensing it to any other competitor.
damn, that's complete bulls**t!
I HATE apple now!
They always have to have something their own.

Like how itunes is their own and not any other music service could sync with the ipod until just recently when rhapsody got the feature.

It's crap!