PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcracker View Post
just installed the cab w/o the backlight changes and now tethered via bt...getting rid of my data card immediately.
lol..im trying to change mine for the touch pro.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jharp146 is just getting started

Alright, so I'm having a problem. I used this on my Diamond and it worked like a charm. Now, however, I've upgraded to the latest leaked Sprint rom, installed it, and it's still showing up as PAM when it used to show up just as Sprint. Any ideas? Is this possibly something that they've corrected iin the new rom? Thanks for your help!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

So question, I am getting a diamond soon, so if I install wmwifirouter will it work right out of the box? aka when I install it, I can use it and I won't get charged for the PAM and it will just seem as my normal data usage right? Or do I have to use the tether zip and install that in order to make it not use PAM and not get charged?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jharp146 is just getting started

The latter. When you launch WMWifiRouter, it automatically opens internet sharing and unless you install the tethering fix it'll use it as PAM. However, mine doesn't seem to be working as I described above. Any help will be MUCH appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharp146 View Post
The latter. When you launch WMWifiRouter, it automatically opens internet sharing and unless you install the tethering fix it'll use it as PAM. However, mine doesn't seem to be working as I described above. Any help will be MUCH appreciated.
I am alittle confused here.
I am using my Sprint Diamond to tether without any peripheal programs.
I have the stock ROM and when I tether, I click on Internet Sharing, Connect and I am tethering. I checked and my phone says SPRINT as the name when I am tethering.
It would appear that the only reason to go the Wifi router route would be so you can go wireless.
The 5GB cap would still apply because you are still using your Diamond to Internet Share so the usage would show.
The above conclusions are formulated on my experiences and from what I have been reading.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hx4700&ppc6700

L33TZOR is a n00b

This many paged thread was linked from the HTC Touch Pro thread about using internet on the HTC Touch Pro. I'm trying to read 20 pages thus far but it is simply making things more confusing for me. I just want to use this HTC Touch Pro(Sprint) as my internet modem for my laptops.

Sprint wants to charge a recurring $15/mo or more for the "using the phone as modem" to share the PCS Vision Internet Service from Sprint. Anyone successful specifically with the HTC Touch Pro (no after OEM ROMs), and using the bluetooth with either Windows Vista, or Windows XP Pro versions?

Is there a simple "stop the bleeding already" way to do this? Appreciate this great website forum! Ron
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TZOR View Post
This many paged thread was linked from the HTC Touch Pro thread about using internet on the HTC Touch Pro. I'm trying to read 20 pages thus far but it is simply making things more confusing for me. I just want to use this HTC Touch Pro(Sprint) as my internet modem for my laptops.

Sprint wants to charge a recurring $15/mo or more for the "using the phone as modem" to share the PCS Vision Internet Service from Sprint. Anyone successful specifically with the HTC Touch Pro (no after OEM ROMs), and using the bluetooth with either Windows Vista, or Windows XP Pro versions?

Is there a simple "stop the bleeding already" way to do this? Appreciate this great website forum! Ron
I am tethering with my Sprint Diamond as I explained prior without issues.
Tethering with the Pro is probably similar.
If you look at Internet Sharing and it says Sprint, click on Connect and you probably will be ok.
I am using Windows Vista.
The first time I tethered, My Laptop went through some recognization procedures. Anytime after the initial Initialization, tethering takes a second as Vista recognizes the Connection right away.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

vsaint05 is a n00b

what is tethering?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaint05 View Post
what is tethering?
1st, welcome..i cee that was ur first post. feel free to try this to answer your question(s).
now, to answer your tethering question
Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33TZOR View Post

This is how I do it with bluetooth. First I did the reg edit of removing the entire line for force cell connection and the dll link. The result is I have a choice of PAN or Sprint for internet sharing.... (drop down box).

I have a windows vista 64 laptop. To tether with bluetooth I follow this procedure (phone and computer have been "paired" and active sync has been setup).
1. On Phone... open Programs/active sync... choose menu on the bottom right soft key and "connect via bluetooth".. it go through the motions of connecting to your pc and establishing a sync.
2. On phone... Open Programs/Internet Sharing.. in PC Connection box choose Bluetooth PAN In network connection box choose Sprint. Click "connect" on bottom left softkey.
3. Now, on my laptop I had to go to start/connect to and then had a choice of connections one being bluetooth.. I click that and choose connect. And I"m set to go.
I may have had to set up the bluetooth internet connection once on my laptop so the option was there.. .very similar to setting up connection for any new network.

Observations.. tethering with usb is much faster and much more simple.. simply connect usb, choose active sync and then internet sharing and connect.. you're good. no need to choose anything on the laptop. And surfing speed is faster. Also I choose the option to allow calls.

For the Pro the process is pretty much the same. I found that the Pro disconnects more often with bluetooth than with usb without warning... but I haven't trouble shot it since I mostly tether with the Diamond (my phone) than the Pro (b/f's phone).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond