PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!
Carrier: Sprint

soggystockings is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings
Anyone having a freezing issue when you set up phonealarm to change profiles? I am not able to dial out or access the web "sometimes" after my profile has switched. A soft reset fixes the issue but it is a noosense to keep doing it. My radio rom is 1.27.00.

*EDIT*
Ok so now its the am and my profile went from night(service off) to home. It said I had a voicemail but when I went to press the voicemail icon I got an error message saying that there was no service or check the nuber and see if it was dialed correctly(of course it was). I eneded up soft reseting and NOW I have a voicemail and my emails came in as well....
Just wanted to get me down front...

Old 03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm
Picture mail is used in the main poutlook app, under MMS. Picture mail in the other app does not work.
Okay, so my problem then is I don't have an option for MMS in poutlook.

Any idea how I could get it there?
So you dont have an MMS option when you go to messaging outlook change the box and no MMS?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Picture mail is used in the main poutlook app, under MMS. Picture mail in the other app does not work.

So you dont have an MMS option when you go to messaging outlook change the box and no MMS?
Exactly. No MMS option in poutlook for me. All I have is Outlook Mail and Sprint PCS Mail. I'll have Windows Live eventually (haven't set that up yet) but there is no MMS...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Quote:
So I figured it out that there is a different inbox for SMS. Nice, threading even!

So, my picture mail isn't freezing there like it does from the camera app. But, when I try to send a picture mail from there, it just gets stuck in my outbox. I have ran the Sprint MMS Registry Cab file that comes with the ROM- installed it to Extended ROM 2 at first, and after I realized I was having the problem I ran the rab again and told it to install in main memory 9it said it was removing the previous version first). Same issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, how do I tell Voice Command to initiate with my bluetooth headset? I currently have it mapped to button 5...
I had that issue before. You CANT send pics through the mms. My issue on this on page 7 or so. Basicly you go into pictures, hold the pic down, send via pix message. as for your other problem i dont know.
So I go into the camera app, and click on the picture library icon. I click and hole the picture, and the only options I get are Cut, Copy, Delete, Send, Beam, Set as Today Background, Send to your space. If I click Send on that menu, it opens up a Select an account window where the options are Outlook E-mail, Sprint PCS, Windows Live (I have it installed now) SMS (but SMS is greyed out).

Now, if I just take a picture, the screen comes up that says Back to Preview and it has the icons under it. One of those icons looks like an envelope. If I click on that, I get a Send File box and the choices are Send Via MMS and Send Via E-Mail. There is a Send and Cancel button under that. If I click Send Via MMS (it's already selected by default) when I hit send, it freezes. I then hit the hardware ok button, and it closes the whole screen.

Any ideas?

Also, another thing I noticed is when I am in my SMS inbox, if I am using the joystick to select a message, if I click and hold the joystick, I don't get a menu. I do this in poutlook to delete messages without using the stylus. Has anyone else seen this in the SMS app?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Some comment/suggestions:

Xpuscalar runs marginally slower than PHM on all my testing.

Both of them use different ways to disable the built in auto-scaling of the CPU on the 6700.

I have mentioned way back in Anton's (PHM) forum that there is another alternative to disable the built in auto-scaling.
I also mentioned it to Vijay in xDev site.

Using the VJLumosII program I was able to get a noticable performance jump in both Xcpu and PHM.

This little proggy is for getting superbrightness level of camera mode, which disables our unit's auto-scaling better than anything else.

Only drawback is you are using a little more battery with superbright screen, but still nothing compared to overclocking in general.

So finnally to get to the point, I would suggest to have the VJLumosII in the rom.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. No MMS option in poutlook for me. All I have is Outlook Mail and Sprint PCS Mail. I'll have Windows Live eventually (haven't set that up yet) but there is no MMS...
Did you run the Sprint MMS cab? Run it again. i had to run it twice and after i restarted the second time, it showed up.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did you run the Sprint MMS cab? Run it again. i had to run it twice and after i restarted the second time, it showed up.
I ran it 3 times. First time, I told it to install to Extended ROM 2, second time, I told it to install to storage card, 3rd time, main memory. Each time I ran it (except the first time) it said it had to remove the previous installation and then install it. I soft reset after each time. No change.

I'll try it again right now though and put it in main memory...
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Remember the cool picture mail app that came with the 6600?

I got the .cab file and disassembled it....

Perhaps there is a guru around that would like to tweak it so we can use it on our 6700's.

I put it on the FTP
/Apache/PictureMail - 6600/

Really hope someone has the time to mess with it - I've just been to swamped at the office to try getting it to work.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

Okay, I just ran that spMMS-registry cab again, told it to install to Device, and there is no change... Still no MMS folder in poutlook...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

salty,
click on your extended rom2 folder. Is it empty? If not it sounds like you have the same exact problem I had. you need to DELETE all of the stuff in there. look for my problem on this earlier in the post. Its a pain but it worked for me..basicly you need to reflash the current sprint rom. next you need to run some program(sorry at work so I don't know the name) that shows your HIDDEN ROM. next there is another program(see excuse above)that deletes the JUNK. Next hard reset. the junk shouldn't load and you should not see installing in 3 seconds. next reflash MARIO and your device. when it boots up look in you rom2 folder should be empty. Let me know when you've done that and ill get you a zip file that installs the pic,phonealarm on a hard reset..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache