PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JBabey, how big is your OEM folder? and how big are all of your folders combined (OS, LOC, OEM, etc...)? Just wondering why I can hardly fit anything into my ROM while you are getting so much.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Jimskalajim is a n00b
Great Rom!

THis is one of, if not the best rom I've tried so far. Other then the led's off (kills vibrate) it is fantastic. Would you consider FTP'ing the raw OEM files so I could add/remove a couple of your built in programs?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Does vibrate not work at all? Must have vibrate on my device.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I'm sure if Jbabey has to answer that, he'll light himself on fire. This thread is 10 pages long, and that EXACT question has been answered no less than once per page. READ THE THREAD!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
JBabey, how big is your OEM folder? and how big are all of your folders combined (OS, LOC, OEM, etc...)? Just wondering why I can hardly fit anything into my ROM while you are getting so much.
just over 80 megs, everytime i try and add a program over about 500k rt now, it builds fine, but when i hard reset the screen stays white... really pisses me off. I just taught myself how to UPX things, and that is going to really help me save some room, and get more programs crammed in there. The only issue so far with UPX, is that any exe or dll that is UPX'd ... loads its ENTIRE uncompressed self into your program RAM. If your not diligent about shutting those programs down, it will quite literally laugh in your face and hard lock the phone. I have to go through my OEM's one at a time, seeing how much space im saving, and if its a program that closes itself when you exit, or if it likes to "hide". The programs that stay open are the b*tches. So most likely ill be able to compress the sh*t out of the games because most of them really close, and that will allow me more room to cram more apps into the ROM. The nice thing, is that most of the things that myself, and others want is in there (in some form or another), so the requests are slowing down.

unfortunately i cant put EVERYTHING in there, i would sure like to though!
Quote:
There is a program called UPXshell - which gives you a GUI interface for UPX - ya might want it as it makes compessing the files a little eaiser.

It's on sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/upxshell/

I love you technohippie, uh... in a totally plutonic way..... uh...... ya..... moving right along....

(thanks!)

Quote:
THis is one of, if not the best rom I've tried so far. Other then the led's off (kills vibrate) it is fantastic. Would you consider FTP'ing the raw OEM files so I could add/remove a couple of your built in programs?
about 80% or so of my OEM's are up on the FTP already, they are in the Kitchen OEM folder under J_ (JBabey), just make sure you double check them once you download them because ive made some changes to a few and havent updated the FTP yet (like doublecheck there is an initflashfiles.txt, and that it makes the correct shortcuts, stuff like that). If you have questions about the OEM packages ive uploaded, or you know i have one that is not on the FTP (cuz its in the ROM so you know i have one) just PM me and ill send it to you.

Thanks Guys!

-----------------------> just a heads up, ill be out of town this weekend, so I wont be able to get to help you guys out for about 4-5 days. Rest assured ill get to everything once I get back, and hopefully the next kitchen is ready!

Hey i got a question... why wont my phone vibrate with the MARIO! ROM ???
Old 03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\DRIVERS\BUILTIN\ALLLEDMGR]
"Index"=dword:0

Should i change that to a ONE .... 1 ...... im confused ...... I mean, i read it like 23x already, i just wanted to be sure that fixed the vibrate....

/me lights myself on FIRE after bathing in rocket fuel. I love you guys....
Old 03-15-2007, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: AT&T

TinMan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:

Should i change that to a ONE .... 1 ...... im confused ...... I mean, i read it like 23x already, i just wanted to be sure that fixed the vibrate....

hehehe... i smell smoke
Old 03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
so i reinstalled the ROM. i let the verizon install. so when i tried to send a video it still does the same thing. its not a problem of not sending a flix mms, i cant even get that far. if i click to messages, go to MMS inbox, click new and "new Flix Message" the folders open and no files ever come up. If i go to the picture/video program and find a video, click on send, then i can pic outlook, mms, new pix message (MMS), SMS(grayed out). i click on new pix message (MMS) and it then pops up, file format not supported. has anyone actualy sent a video message?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously, people. Can you just read a few pages of posts before asking your questions? I was honestly surprised that BigJ controlled himself as much as he did. I was expecting all hell to break loose on that one. Please read/search before posting.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha...

Not that this would work, but maybe add this to the first post? Might help people who don't read... (yeah...right...)

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache