PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalsik
Thank you for your work with this build! I am upgrading from the Colonel 3.3 build I installed a month or two ago. For some reason I was getting mad lock-ups with and without my storage card installed. So far, BigJ9.5 is running well.

A couple of questions...

1. When I ran your 9.5 install, I had a bunch of "Sprint junk". I had to go back and remove things like "fetch", "getgl" and the 'audible' .cab files and entries from the extended_rom2 folder. Are those actually in your install or were they left-overs from the latest public Sprint rom upgrade that I had just run previous? I needed to do that in order to upgrade the radio version to 1.27.00.
You have never *properly* unlocked your extended rom, You need to follow the long and drawn out instructions a few pages back. I believe it was soggystockings that was having this issue. You will have a VERY unstable 9.5 untill you complete that walkthrough.

EDIT:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/bigjs-revisi...start,180.html

3 posts up from the bottom. added link on page 1 under known issues

Quote:
2. I was confused on how to incorporate your "mini" Extended_ROM2 folder of stuff (spMMS-Registry.cab, 20226.prl, phoneAlarm_v16.exe, etc. with the standard Extended_ROM2 cab files. I ended up running the spMMS cab file separately.

You have never *properly* unlocked your extended rom, You need to follow the long and drawn out instructions a few pages back. I believe it was soggystockings that was having this issue. You will have a VERY unstable 9.5 untill you complete that walkthrough.

------------once you have an EMPTY ext.rom you can put my files into yours and then on subsequent hard resets the phonealarm & spMMS-Registry.CAB will automatically run on customization and none of the sprint garbage

Quote:
3. How come your AutoRun.exe file is of a different size/date than the standard Sprint one?
because my autorun is L33T... i dunno, If i remember correctly i hacked it so that it sends me all your personal information and lets me RDP into your phone while you sleep. it also eats babies so be careful! It hates the light..... keep it AWAY from the light.... seriously..... this one time, i got my autorun into the light, and it like started smoking and stuff, i passed out and 3 hours later it was throwing a boozer at my pad and guzzling all my orange juice!!! It even invited over other autoruns from different revisions of the ROM and they were gettin busy on my couch... i mean ON MY COUCH...with the windows WIDE OPEN~! They were making baby autoruns so they could eat them!!! I was totally scared...

Quote:
4. What is the difference between the 'MaUpgradeUt_noID' and 'ROMUpgradeUt' executables? My search did not turn up any answers.
My ROM works with either. I put in the 'MaUpgradeUt_noID' in case you screwed your phone up and had to get "dirty" with another ROM image. Theres also this really cool sticky that explains the differences if you really want to know, but in short it allows you to flash incorrect COUNTRY ID roms onto your handset... and by "accident" allows you to flash homemade roms that have not been encoded properly

Quote:
5. Anybody happen to know the secret with getting the 6700 to work with my WPA-PSK enabled router? It was working with the Colonel and original Sprint installs but I can't seem to connect to my wireless system.
Prolly some leftover crap from your ext.rom. If not make sure you turn on WiFi and try out the hitchiker program, it found some WiFi in my area i never saw on the built in one. Colonels rom is not as sensitive as my ROM is to the duplication of files running from your Ext.Rom .... its very important that you revert back

the two posts your looking for are me and soggystockings, it will be EASY to find because my response has TWO (2) file attachments that unlock the rom and then another that will show it. with a step by step walkthrough of how to resolve the issue.

-Thanks for trying out my ROM, now lets read the great support thread we got going here! Let me know how it works out for you.

Quote:
Actually, for others reference, you now have to go to digdugs options to set up button mapping for the blowup feature to work.
thanks, i forgot to put that on the front page... just hit the config and click on the black circle for the button you want to change, (i think it says Player 1 Start) and set that one to PUMP and the old PUMP to Player 1 Start.

Exit, all done, now pump works the way its supposed to!

Quote:
Ok, so another few rom reinstalls and hard resets seem to have fixed the problem. Very strange, but I'm happy to have my email back.
how bizzare is that? im glad you took the initiative to keep trying and got it working. Great to see you up and running properly!

Quote:
I left the storage card out all day today and I still had 1 lock-up , with the card in i had 2-3 lock-ups, so less but still have them

Again the lock up seems to freeze the display, I cant make a call but I can receive them??

I am running out of things to try, please any sug???
my girlfriends phone still freezes, even on the Sprint ROM, my store manager is exchanging her phone out. you may need to entertain that your phone has issues that run deeper than the ROM image you are using. The most stable that I used other than mine was saridnour's, but wisbar crashed my phone all the time, try his rom out, disable wisbar and let me know if your still locking up. If so you may need a replacement. If you PM me your information i can make notes on your account that *should* allow your sprint store to order you a recon without giving you to much hassle as ill tell them you were in california and i looked at your phone... ex warranted blah blah blah but you were heading back to "where you live" so plz order recon.... you gotta have ESRP though.

uh im rambling again. Try other roms, if you still lock PM me your HEX ESN and ill take it from there.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
wow i like this rom
and that Live search is excellent program.

one problem it wont vibrate....? EDIT: i got it its was registry problem. 0 to 1
also one question those cab files in the extended rom2 are those allready installed?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chewskydoo is a n00b
If you copy all the files from BigJ's extended rom2 folder into your extended rom2 folder (on your phone), then yes, they will automatically be installed after a hard reset. Simply running the ROMUpgradeUt.exe will NOT copy these files into your extended rom for you...you have to copy the files over manually.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 PM
N00b

jack_2231 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
if your hard reseting and the sprint stuff is re-appearing in your ext.rom
<snip>~> reflash the latest Sprint ROM onto your phone
It would be nice to have more automation here using autoruns. The ideal is to have 1 single rom that did all of this for you. If not (not possible?), at least somebody (doesn't have to be BigJ) could upload the latest Sprint rom with an autorunner that automatically does the EXTROM cleaning and has all your cabs. Sort of like what this guy does.

Barring that, at least this is now on the 1st post so noobs don't have to ask about it. The few people complaining about stability PROBABLY have no ram left in the extrom.

A couple of comments: I think it is critical to do a hard reset after the rom has loaded. I think some people are doing a soft reset, like the instructions request. Perhaps this could be on the 1st post if not already. Also, ideally, little things, like having voice command already turned on, would be nice to have IMO. I, for instance, unhide the GPS port-splitter. I will edit this post when I get a chance to list my common regedits.

That chess program rocks and is much better than the one I had recommended! If I am ever stuck at an airport for days on end that is the sort of game that is harder to "get sick" of (unlike most games like Tetris).

THANKS BIGJ FOR AN AWESOME ROM!!!!

--Jack
Old 03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
bib
Lurker

bib is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Try using the latest ROM just released today.

I had to do a hard reset before installing this latest.... just something about my previous setup wouldn't allow it to install until I did the hardreset.
I was having problems with ActiveSync recognizing the phone so perhaps it was related.

As soon as I did the hardreset and hit "Y" for clear memory and "space" I went straight to bootloader mode and installed the update just fine.

So far so good...

-Rage
I am not sure if it is this latest update or the sug. from Raging Idiot, but Friday night I installed as per above and I have not (yet at least) had any lock ups at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the memory card in also since friday night!!!!

THANK YOU !!!!!!! Raging Idiot and JBabey, this rom ROCKS!!!!!!
I am looking forward to the verizon version
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

fv0974 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to fv0974
Installed this yesterday Gr88 Rom. Thank You
But I have a few questions?

I love the apps installed in this rom and I know you do not make them with all the apps that you have installed in your Apache but I would really Like to know what other Apps/Games that you are running with this rom, because if this rom is awesome like this it must be super awesome with the other apps you are running with this Rom.

Okay next ? this rom has Mario theme but where is the supermario game?
I did not search the internet yet for 1 but I'm sure there has to be 1 out there.

Last ? what apps did you discover had problems running with this rom, Just wanted to know before I start adding apps/games.

Thank You Again for an Awesome Rom.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
No issues yet for me...I just have to find a way to pry my wife's hands off the phone due to the games!!! LOL...

Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
I have to say I thought the same too. I vote you include the super nintendo emulator along with the Super Mario Brothers ROM. Can you really call it a Mario ROM without it?!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
I use pocket SNES
Attached Files
File Type: zip marioemu_842.zip (558.7 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
Ok I think I found something. I have as my ringtone in pocket alarm an MP3 song..now if I soft reset and someone calls me the mario ringtone rings. If I go into settings/phone the ringtone is windows default(mario) but under my profiles it is my mp3 song. any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache