PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
pixiebaby473:
I had the same problems before a hard reset. Pixiebaby press and hold the two - buttons above the two phone buttons. Then with the stylus press the soft reset button at the bottom of the phone. When it restarts it'll re-install the ROM. Sync and you should be good to go.

JBabey:
Thanks for the new phone, just came in today.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
With 9.3 and 9.4 (the only revisions i have used so far), i was getting the screen lockups as well. Not sure what was causing it. but basically the screen would look scrambled in some places. usually starting with where the close button was. I am trying this new one in hopes that its fixed
Old 03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
Heya jbaby - I notice that Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. 3/28 v3.5pr6 has some .net fixes stuff in it - primarly those missing files from .cf1 that causes some stuff not to run properly.
Perhaps you could get with him & integrate those into yer next one? hehe
And oh yeah my cat is still hungry - I see the automated-cat-feeding module hasn't been integrated yet either....hehehehahahaha
Old 03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
Heya jbaby - I notice that Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. 3/28 v3.5pr6 has some .net fixes stuff in it - primarly those missing files from .cf1 that causes some stuff not to run properly.
Perhaps you could get with him & integrate those into yer next one? hehe
And oh yeah my cat is still hungry - I see the automated-cat-feeding module hasn't been integrated yet either....hehehehahahaha
oh man, i forgot about kitty kitty....
The .NET fixes he put in were issues he was having with some of the programs he was trying to integrate into his ROM. those programs are not in mine so the integration is not necessary. I am also under the impression that the .NET stuffs is going to be cleaned up in the next kitchen release so well play it by ear. If there are issues you guys have and i can fix it on my end be assured that i will, thanks though! (i keep up with sarid's thread, his ROM is pretty good, i put it on our store demo)

Quote:
With 9.3 and 9.4 (the only revisions i have used so far), i was getting the screen lockups as well. Not sure what was causing it. but basically the screen would look scrambled in some places. usually starting with where the close button was. I am trying this new one in hopes that its fixed
scrambles.... oh crap, that is quite the issue bud. Does it happen on any other ROM or just mine? does it happen if you leave your phone on the sync cradle or do you charge w/ just the power cord. Do you have anything running in the background when it happens (like can we nail it down to a particular program in the background that goes bad?)

keep me posted please im interested!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
scrambles.... oh crap, that is quite the issue bud. Does it happen on any other ROM or just mine? does it happen if you leave your phone on the sync cradle or do you charge w/ just the power cord. Do you have anything running in the background when it happens (like can we nail it down to a particular program in the background that goes bad?)

I also get the scramble issue sometimes. Using 9.4 with nothing else installed. I haven't noticed if it's only when it's on the power cord or when it's just using battery power. I do leave my phone connected to the power cord all night.

Another issue I have is the Bbuetooth is totally unstable. If I turn the bluetooth off and try to turn it back on, it usually takes about 5 or 6 tries to get it to turn back on.

This ROM is awesome though. Once it's a little more stable, and we get a Super Mario Bros game on it, it will be perfect...
Old 03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Quote:

Quote:

Just yours, and one of mine built off the same base as yours. It happens regardless of status (charging, syncing, sitting on the table disconnected). The only program that would be running is TodayAgenda, but I did not get the lockup with Saridnaur (sp?) rom + TodayAgenda, so i dont know if thats the issue. It happens 1-3 times a day, most commonly overnight, but it has happened a couple times with my phone just sitting on my desk at work.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Quote:

I also get the scramble issue sometimes. Using 9.4 with nothing else installed. I haven't noticed if it's only when it's on the power cord or when it's just using battery power. I do leave my phone connected to the power cord all night.

Another issue I have is the Bbuetooth is totally unstable. If I turn the bluetooth off and try to turn it back on, it usually takes about 5 or 6 tries to get it to turn back on.

This ROM is awesome though. Once it's a little more stable, and we get a Super Mario Bros game on it, it will be perfect...
i asked around and got the response that if you disable the "ClearType" that it should fix the scramble issue.

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\CLEARTYPE]
"Quality"=dword:2
set that value to ZERO

let me know if the issue persists after disabling that, and ill add it to my known issues list and research if there is a fix i can impliment
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
im not usually one to edit topics but post not pertaining to this topic will be removed from now on.................

Thanks,
Your PPCGeeks Staff......

We have an OFFTOPIC section for rants and complaints if u feel ur post has been deleted in error please feel free to hang up and try ur call again.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Quote:

i asked around and got the response that if you disable the "ClearType" that it should fix the scramble issue.

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\CLEARTYPE]
"Quality"=dword:2
set that value to ZERO

let me know if the issue persists after disabling that, and ill add it to my known issues list and research if there is a fix i can impliment
Ill give it a try. i did confirm that 9.5 does it as is. i have made the change and report back
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

dalsik is a n00b
Are people generally following the old rule that applications that appear on the Today screen should be installed into RAM and everything else can be installed on the card? I'm still having some 10-15 second lock-ups (and sometimes complete lockups) even after following all previous thread instructions.

I know that cache settings have been an issue with a few people. Have they solved their lock-up problems by lowering the cache settings? Which one(s) need to be adjusted?

Might my storage card need "reformatting"? Is defragging even an issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache