PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofladavid View Post
To switch to the original WM6 Dialer, just edit the registry:

[HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin] change "Enabled=1" to "Enabled=0"

I did notice, however, that the WM6 dialer seems to be missing the "DELETE" button(Just an empty white rectangle where the buttonshould go, but it does work if you press it). I will search the forums to see if I find a solution for that.
I tried that as well. I didn't like the look of the new dialer, but a missing button looks even worse!

As far as cosmetics, theres a decent fix for the new dialer...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7819

but if you find a fix for the old dialer button, please let me know.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

dth4310 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to dth4310
Quote:
The Touch dialer seems to have a few problems including:

911 doesn't work
----I hope you weren't really in a situation where you had to test this. But, if you were, thank you for following up
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Screen alignment goes out of whack...

I haven't heard anyone else bring it up, but since my flash to WM6, my screen misaligns several times throughout the day(the touch screen, not the picture).

I reflashed to WM5 rom and the screen alignment was not an issue (however my clock resetting issue sent me back to WM6). So I reflashed BACK to WM6 again, and again having issues with the screen alignment.

Anybody else experiencing this??
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlocosucka View Post
I tried downgrading back to WM5, however anytime i make any changes to the clock in WM5, the next time i soft reset the date/time resets to 12:00am 2/1/2006. I played around with settings and reflashed different roms in my kitchen, getting it as vanilla as possible, however every time I would set the clock, it would reset to that date/time on the next soft reset. If i soft reset without changing the clock settings (ie, the phone would indicate 12:07am), it would reboot retaining the time (ie, booting up indicating 12:08am).

This also happens after the clock automatically updated time through activesync.

I reflashed back to WM6 and it retains clock settings, so it looks like i don't have a choice.
This is a known issue on certain recent 3.5 ROMs. Which kitchen ROM did you use?

There should be a bug thread on one of the kitchens (1.03, I believe) that discusses this issue. I believe Helmi's 1.04 kitchen fixed this, but I can't remember the details.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcire View Post
Hey guys,

I love this rom, only problem I can find is with the weather program in the today menu. I live in Duluth, MN and the closest city in the range is Minneapolis. Is there a quick edit I can do to get weather in the today program for a city like duluth? Or will I need to install a different weather program.?

Thanks guys,
Eric
choose minneapolis, open the registry editor, search for minneapolis, and change the values to duluth.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Quote:
The Touch dialer seems to have a few problems including:

911 doesn't work

Haven't tested, but the ftp has a supposed fix listed:

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@ppcgeeks.com...0and%20911.zip
Old 09-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Also, I've been finding that when my Bluetooth (Jabra JX-10) is connected, the headset icon will show up on the phone screen, and "Turn hands-free on" is clickable, however sometimes when a call comes in it won't transfer audio to the headset, and clicking "Turn hands-free on" does nothing and will only connect if i turn off my headset and turn it back on.

This has been happening regularly, but was stable for me on WM5.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlocosucka View Post
Also, I've been finding that when my Bluetooth (Jabra JX-10) is connected, the headset icon will show up on the phone screen, and "Turn hands-free on" is clickable, however sometimes when a call comes in it won't transfer audio to the headset, and clicking "Turn hands-free on" does nothing and will only connect if i turn off my headset and turn it back on.

This has been happening regularly, but was stable for me on WM5.
This is a result of an issue I posted about in the other thread.
Go into Bluetooth settings from your CommManager; Mode tab. Make sure that the box "Make the device visible to other devices" is checked off. I've found that mine will de-select itself after a profile change or soft reset. But not all the time. Once you know about it, it's easy to fix. And I'm sure that it's an easy fix for the next version of the ROM.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

traviscrites is a n00b
Question WM6 Internet Sharing not working

Internet Sharing has worked in all V2 & V3.x WM5 OS's I've used, but I cannot seem to get it working on Helmi's WM6. It worked immediately with the last 3.5 I installed (thanks again colonel), which looked like the same internet sharing software as is used in Helmi's WM6, but it just doesn't seem to work. This is on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine using the built-in driver "Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device"

It seems to be IP address related. It gets stuck at status "Acquiring network address" then switches to "Limited or no connectivity".

Under Support Details, the connection is assigned an address of 0.0.0.0 or some random 169.254.x.x address.

I obviously don't know how all this works, but it worked before and now it does not - does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure this a novice question to most out there. Any help is greatly appreciated - I need this connection frequently for work.

I just read through this entire bugs/patches thread and I see others with this problem, but no solution (did anyone with this problem find anything?). I have disabled bluetooth and the that improved the speed at which the problem occurred but didn't solve it. I uninstalled the Device in XP and had it reinstall itself with no joy. PLEASE, one of you senior guys, help me out here...

And thanks again to Helmi for his amazing work on WM6. I've been using it for 6 days now and have had to soft-reset only once. AWESOME.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
FIXED!

To anyone having issues selecting a new keyboard SIP, try this:

Go to your keyboard options, select the new keyboard (eg: PCM Keyboard), then without exiting out of anything, click on the input changing icon on the bottom taskbar, select PCM Keyboard (or your new method), and it will change. Please note that, for me anyway, when the device turns off (soft reset, etc.), you must go through these steps again to select the new keyboard.

Works great, though! PCM is very sexy and easy to use without sliding the keyboard and using both hands.

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development