PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint

2ndchance is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bearable... just barely.

Hi all. I'm having real mixed reviews with this WM6 ROM. Granted, it's cooler than a snowman's butt. Yet, I am having some issues with programs that I need. Maybe someone can help me out.

(Just a note: I had Kirvin's latest ROM before installing Helmi_C's WM6. Had these initial issues, so I reinstalled Sprint's 2.06 WWE ROM, then upgraded to Helmi_C's WM6. Same issues. Although it did fix my wi-fi issue and Bluetooth PAN issue.

1. Call announcement over Bluetooth. Seems to be an ongoing problem. I have MSVC 1.6 and IDTransfer 1.03. Still, no announcement of the callers.

2. Cannot connect to SlingMobile. All settings are correct. Don't know why. Others have been successful.

3. Wi-Fi issue (Fixed by reinstalling original Sprint ROM, then upgrading to WM6)

4. Bluetooth PAN (Fixed by reinstalling original Sprint ROM, then upgrading to WM6)

5. Random Bluetooth disconnect (problem carried over from other cooked ROMs)

6. Can't delete junk ROM files from Extended ROM. Always comes back after a soft reset.

7. Can send MMS, but when receiving, it comes in as a TEXT message. When following the URL link, the picture/video isn't visable. I have to copy/paste to an email and email myself, so I can get the link off my phone.

8. Not showing who's texting me.... real annoying.

Other than that.... the ROM is awesome. I can almost live with these issues. can't wait for a kitchen version. That oughta be GREAT!

Thanks Helmi_C... a GOD in your own right!

Sprint 3rd party vendor plan: 3000 mins, N/W 7pm, Unlimited TXT and DATA = $25/mo.

Last edited by 2ndchance; 09-12-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Bug:

As previously mentioned, Internet Sharing does not work properly on the current Apache WM6 image if Bluetooth is enabled. The PC will not acquire a valid IP address.

As a work-around, Bluetooth can be disabled when establishing the initial Internet Sharing connection. I have found that if the Apache is not rebooted, subsequent Internet Sharing connections can occasionally be made without disabling Bluetooth, but it is not consistent.

¿GotJazz?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndchance View Post
Hi all. I'm having real mixed reviews with this WM6 ROM. Granted, it's cooler than a snowman's butt. Yet, I am having some issues with programs that I need. Maybe someone can help me out.

(Just a note: I had Kirvin's latest ROM before installing Helmi_C's WM6. Had these initial issues, so I reinstalled Sprint's 2.06 WWE ROM, then upgraded to Helmi_C's WM6. Same issues. Although it did fix my wi-fi issue and Bluetooth PAN issue.

1. Call announcement over Bluetooth. Seems to be an ongoing problem. I have MSVC 1.6 and IDTransfer 1.03. Still, no announcement of the callers.

2. Cannot connect to SlingMobile. All settings are correct. Don't know why. Others have been successful.

3. Wi-Fi issue (Fixed by reinstalling original Sprint ROM, then upgrading to WM6)

4. Bluetooth PAN (Fixed by reinstalling original Sprint ROM, then upgrading to WM6)

5. Random Bluetooth disconnect (problem carried over from other cooked ROMs)

6. Can't delete junk ROM files from Extended ROM. Always comes back after a soft reset.

7. Can send MMS, but when receiving, it comes in as a TEXT message. When following the URL link, the picture/video isn't visable. I have to copy/paste to an email and email myself, so I can get the link off my phone.

8. Not showing who's texting me.... real annoying.

Other than that.... the ROM is awesome. I can almost live with these issues. can't wait for a kitchen version. That oughta be GREAT!

Thanks Helmi_C... a GOD in your own right!

The problem with the text Messaging not showing you who sent you the text WILL FIX IT SELEF if you DONT allow customization after the W6 is installed. Its posted in a few places here

Opp
Old 09-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: metro pcs

tonygilliland is a n00b
The probelms Im having with WM06 is

1. Wifi doesnt work. Its not finding any sources. Everything seems dead. This should work!

2. iexplorer seems to get choppy when scrolling thru pages a times. Annoying because i surf the internet alot.

3. Sometimes i dont recieve some email messages from my yahoo account. Not sure if this is related.

Any advice?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlocosucka View Post
I haven't heard anyone else bring it up, but since my flash to WM6, my screen misaligns several times throughout the day(the touch screen, not the picture).

I reflashed to WM5 rom and the screen alignment was not an issue (however my clock resetting issue sent me back to WM6). So I reflashed BACK to WM6 again, and again having issues with the screen alignment.

Anybody else experiencing this??
It seems that mine loses alignment as the day progresses. I had thought it was the screen protector that I had on it, but seems to be just fine once I realign it. havent noticed to many posts about it but it has been consistent since running WM6.

*update* It turns out that my screen is starting to get a dead spot in the middle of the screen. I noticed this one night on Pocket sands. I tried to draw a straight line of something and when it hits that spot it goes all over the place around it but not in the middle. It does the same thing when using the on screen keyboard too. I flashed back to the standard sprint rom and rtn'd the phone and was still having the same issue.

Last edited by apacho01; 09-16-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
No alignment issues here. Everything except for MMS (Alltel) works great.

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

schl8man is a n00b
HTC HOME Plug-In

I was just about to downgrade because I was having to Hard Reset at least twice a day. But I decided to disable the HTC Home Plug-In and see what happens.

Since disabling - I have not had any hang ups on the Boot Screen requiring a Hard Reset (2 days). And the device seems to be running even smoother - which I did not think was possible.

So it looks like the HTC Home Plug-In may be the problem with hanging and need for Hard Resets.

Sucks though, I really like that HTC Home. Need a good stable alternative.

Again - thank you to Helmi_c, luv2chill, colonel and everyone else who has worked to make our devices and this site amazing!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

firegeek is becoming a great contributor
Fix for home plug in lock up

Here's a fix that's a whole lot easier than hard resetting.

Find a safe mode program.
This one works great!
http://www.monocube.com/content/view/5/37/

It's Safe Mode 2.

You can set it to start in safe mode if it ran for less than 30 seconds or so.
Then go to today settings, uncheck home plug and restart. Then re enable the home thing.

Works great!
I decided to do that after my second or third hard reset. Now gone for over 2 weeks, and still going great.

Erik
Old 09-13-2007, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
No alignment issues here. Everything except for MMS (Alltel) works great.
Sprint MMS isn't working either
Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

xanthias is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to xanthias Send a message via MSN to xanthias
Believe it or not, I've read this entire thread, as well as the entire WM6 thread by Helmli (thanks!).

As has been posted before, the fix for the phone returning to vibrate automagically is to remove the profile tab from the HTC home plugin using the customizer here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6355

However, I am stumped by something basic, here:

1. Which tab is 'profile'? The tabs I see are home, 'favorite people', weather, launcher, music and sound. These are represented, as I understand it, by the numbers 1 - 6 in the customizer.

2. How do you remove the tab? The HTC Home customizer has two options categories, "HTC Options" and "Optoins". The only tab function I see is "Tab Order" under "HTC Options". Is this where you go to remove a tab? How do you remove one and which of the above is the 'profile' tab?

Thanks all!

edit-
I have seen this mentioned elsewhere, but cannot recall if it is in this thread - on another apparent bug (Verizon):

The phone will attempt and fail at a data connect (#777) through the cellular network while it is cradled with Activesync. This call will fail (error code 37) and the phone will then go into a loop of trying to dial and displaying the error continuously. A soft reset is required to clear it up.

Last edited by xanthias; 09-13-2007 at 12:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development