PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have Helmi's WM6 5.2.1620 loaded and just started experiencing something strange with ring tones. I have some tones that are stored in the \windows\rings folder and while they show in the ringtone list and I can select them, when the phone rings it defaults back to ringer1.

I also can't get some of the ring tones to play as "samples" when I choose them in the ringtone list BUT if I go directly to the \rings folder, they open and play fine in WMP.

I do have some reg tweaks in place for bluetooth enhancement(s) and disabling the SMS sent messaging, but other than that, it's all pretty clean.

Any ideas? Any one else experiencing the same issues?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellEdawg View Post
I installed the new htc x button task manager 2.0 located here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9144

I have experienced much better performance out of wm 6, i.e., much more responsive, snappier, no more sluggishness. I'd say it is a 4x increase in general performance.

anybody confirm?
I'm not sure it is actually a 4x increase in general performance, however, I will say that it is noticeably faster. This is a worthwhile upgrade if you're still running an older version of the HTC X-Button/Task Manager, I agree.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Saw this fix for the Media Player non-fullscreen issue on xda-developers:

Modify \\HLM\System\GDI\Rotation\LandscapeMode to 1

I only tried one video, but it worked for me. YMMV.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
i tried the new task manager, all i got out of it was memory problems. soon as i uninstalled it they went away. dunno. anybody else have this issue?
Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
its working for me, although its about time to do a hard reset for me. i'm down to around 10k of free ram..............
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
its working for me, although its about time to do a hard reset for me. i'm down to around 10k of free ram..............

ram or storage memory? a soft reset will close all apps and free up ram, a hard reset will erase everything. when i have a bunch of stuff in the background taking up ram i run sktools and free it up. memmaid does this too.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesegrater View Post
ram or storage memory? a soft reset will close all apps and free up ram, a hard reset will erase everything. when i have a bunch of stuff in the background taking up ram i run sktools and free it up. memmaid does this too.
storage, plenty of program. my problem is, i have 3 email accounts setup. one exchange through work, my personal one, and then the one for my day of defeat source clan. and if its a program i'll use a lot (palmsms, pocketcm keyboard, etc), i will install it to storage memory and not my sd card; plus tomtom doesn't give me a choice where it gets installed. and i have to have tomtom, i drive to much for work (in states other than mn where i live) to not have it installed, my previous choice (mapopolis) decided to stop sales of its maps to consumers
Old 10-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Titan) with WM6.1
Carrier: TNZ

deepsouthster is a n00b
Thumbs up Great Work !!!

Well downloaded this, installed on Apache running on Telecom in NZ and no problems, other than couple of freezes ... just hard reset and away it went ... sync'y with Exchange worked very well (pity we don't have E2007 yet). Nice couple of features on WM6, and overall excellent peice of work. =D>

Have reinstalled back to previous ROM and now waiting for my Titan

Now just trying to trackdown some of the WM6 ringtones to put on my Apache ... anyone seen these 'lying' around?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700 (Apache)

gesanjose is a n00b
Helmi, your work is amazing. Hopefully you DO get hired by MS/HTC/Whomever and start getting paid REAL $$$ for all your time, effort & hard work.

Bluetooth issues for me. Using Raytell 4200 in car. BT Sync'd PB automatically. BT would turn off after >10 min. of talking. (Did not do this w/ 3.5)
Would lock up (causing reset) while on standby. (Happened a few times w/ 3.5)
WM6 Music Player allows songs to be ring tones - cool (easy) feature.
Flashed back to 3.5 for now until proper Kitchen available.
Thanks again Helmi & other programmers/hacks.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
To get back to the stock Sprint ROM, run this file:
http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...0_WWE_Ship.exe

I\'m not sure why your phone is dropping calls, but I can say that it doesn\'t have anything to do with EVDO. EVDO is for data transmission, not voice. Do you live in the boonies? Is there a chance you just have poor coverage where you are?
I went back to the utstarcom sprint rom and I didn\'t get ANY reception! The signal was always unavailable... I then upgraded to the 1.41 radio and then put wm6 on it. Still the same results.I have been playing around with the ##778#/##775# settings and loading a few diff. prls... i also changed my prefered network to only CMD... looks like it may be working fine now... I will call a few people later and see the results!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development