PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: VERIZON

tpal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Outlook email not synchronizing in WM6?

I thought I have read that there are issues with poutlook not getting all email from exchange. Now, I can't find any references in the forums.

Is this a documented bug and if so, is there a fix for the unvarnished Helmi Build 18125.0.4.2.?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

shorty82 is just getting started
Text Messaging Problem

I have read through every page and I have seen this addressed, but the only solution listed before was a hard reset. When I recieve text messages part of the text is in the From field so I can't reply to them or even know who they are from. Does anyone know of another work around to fix this problem other then performing a hard reset? A reg hack/edit or anything please, I don't want to have to load all the programs again.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
I have read through every page and I have seen this addressed, but the only solution listed before was a hard reset. When I recieve text messages part of the text is in the From field so I can't reply to them or even know who they are from. Does anyone know of another work around to fix this problem other then performing a hard reset? A reg hack/edit or anything please, I don't want to have to load all the programs again.

Thanks
Search and you will find the answer. And a hard reset is part of the answer. Once you hard reset and the phone boots you you will then need to soft reset as soon as you see the Installing Customizations in 1..2..3. Then that will do it, just about everyone had this same problem.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
when I type on the slide out keyboard it consistently lags and misses letters all of the time its extremely frustrating I don't really have much installed, is anyone else having this problem/?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
Search and you will find the answer. And a hard reset is part of the answer. Once you hard reset and the phone boots you you will then need to soft reset as soon as you see the Installing Customizations in 1..2..3. Then that will do it, just about everyone had this same problem.
I found how to fix it before I was just wondering if anyone had found an alternate method that didn't require another hard reset. Hard resets suck, it takes me the better part of a day to re customize my ppc with all my hacks and load all the programs. Well it's ok, sounds like a project for this weekend. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Upgrading sofware in ROM

Is there a way to upgrade the sofware in the ROM. Some of the applications such as Resco Explorer have updates, but I don't know a way to upgrade sofware that is in the ROM. I was going to manualy delete the files in the ROM and then just reinstall, auto correcting the keys in the reg. But I couldn't delete the files because they were part of the ROM. The second part worked fine though, I installed the programs just fine, but the old files still exist in the /windows and now they are just useless files taking up space. Anyone have some ideas?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
Is there a way to upgrade the sofware in the ROM. Some of the applications such as Resco Explorer have updates, but I don't know a way to upgrade sofware that is in the ROM. I was going to manualy delete the files in the ROM and then just reinstall, auto correcting the keys in the reg. But I couldn't delete the files because they were part of the ROM. The second part worked fine though, I installed the programs just fine, but the old files still exist in the /windows and now they are just useless files taking up space. Anyone have some ideas?
This is the only problem I have with it too. In order to update, I had to waste space in extended rom to install the new version. Don't install to main memory or it will just eat more of that.
There is no way to get rid of the old version?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman51 View Post
This is the only problem I have with it too. In order to update, I had to waste space in extended rom to install the new version. Don't install to main memory or it will just eat more of that.
There is no way to get rid of the old version?
I'm not 100% sure this will work, but you could try it (get ready to hard reset though)...

The files for the Resco in the ROM likely reside in the Windows directory. You could try overwriting those files with the new version files. This means you would have to extract those files from the CAB installer and manually copy them over to the Windows directory, instead of the program's install directory. However. I don't think this will keep you from taking up more space, since they aren't flashed, just written to main memory. Plus, any hard reset will lose those changes. Worth a try, I guess.

...or, you could wait for the kitchen...

BTW, this is the drawback of putting frequently-updated software in ROMs. To update, you have to re-cook the ROM. I'm sure Helmi included this program in the ROM to assist the beta testers...

Last edited by hefman; 10-04-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
I'm not 100% sure this will work, but you could try it (get ready to hard reset though)...

The files for the Resco in the ROM likely reside in the Windows directory. You could try overwriting those files with the new version files. This means you would have to extract those files from the CAB installer and manually copy them over to the Windows directory, instead of the program's install directory. However. I don't think this will keep you from taking up more space, since they aren't flashed, just written to main memory. Plus, any hard reset will lose those changes. Worth a try, I guess.

...or, you could wait for the kitchen...

BTW, this is the drawback of putting frequently-updated software in ROMs. To update, you have to re-cook the ROM. I'm sure Helmi included this program in the ROM to assist the beta testers...
I don't think that it will overwrite the files because I imagine I will get the same error I recieved when I tried to delete the files. I will try it out tonight to make sure though. BTW what is kitchen that I keep hearing about and when will it be released?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
when I type on the slide out keyboard it consistently lags and misses letters all of the time its extremely frustrating I don't really have much installed, is anyone else having this problem/?

Yep, I'm having the same problem with mine especially when using it for SMS.

I have slide sound running so I haven't tried turning that off and using it that way.

you might try that.

The other thing I've noticed is that even before slidesound, when I slid out the keyboard, it lagged just switching views. I vaguely recall seeing something about that, but don't care enough at this point to research it more as I figure some future kitchen will resolve it.

Other than that, no real problems Helmi's WM6.

I have tweaked the reg for BT volume and no SMS sent confirmation.

if you find someone else having the same issue and a res, I'd be interested.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development