PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two other "bugs"?

Confirm if you experience this as well but:

1. Data arrows remain white even if there's no active data transfer. Tried changing the registry key to an always-on EVDO connection because I thought it would make a difference. Still no change in arrow color.

2. Happened to me occasionally with the last kitchen, but when accepting a call it automatically answers it in speakerphone mode. I noticed this happens when a call comes in while trying to connect to #777. Also adds an 'unknown' Caller ID entry in call log.

I don't have any apps installed....

Last edited by saqer; 08-31-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Nope it's not... Why did you edit the default value? First of all open that up and clear it out so it shows nothing next to that.

Create a new string value and name it "Path" (no quotes). Don't set the value to anything--just leave it blank. Then exit out of the reg editor, suspend your device and wake it a couple of times (this ensures that your edits get saved to flash). Then soft reset the phone. Your button 5 should work after that.
Spec-freaking-tacular.
Thank you.
I deleted the whole key and started over using these directions and it works perfectly now.

I think I remember using the little cab a while ago- I probably should have just found it. But I like being able to do it myself.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
Confirm if you experience this as well but:

1. Data arrows remain white even if there's no active data transfer. Tried changing the registry key to an always-on EVDO connection because I thought it would make a difference. Still no change in arrow color.

2. Happened to me occasionally with the last kitchen, but when accepting a call it automatically answers it in speakerphone mode. I noticed this happens when a call comes in while trying to connect to #777. Also adds an 'unknown' Caller ID entry in call log.

1. Data arrows not showing dormant is because of touch dial skin. When kitchen is available, you will be able to select your own dial pad skin and we will prolly have that fixed by then, if its possible.

2. You are the first i have heard of this and i have tried to duplicate this error by calling my phn after starting ie, but didnt get the same result. Did you install any other cabs on there?

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Farnz is a n00b
Keyboard problem

Very impressed with the rom so far. My keyboard always types the numbers instead of the letters. I have tried to push the red dot a few times to get back to the letters, but it still types out numbers. If I go into Word, the keys work perfectly. Any ideas?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
thi
Lurker

thi is a n00b
xcpuscalar 3.03 works flawlessly. I've had to disable while using Phoenix Rom.

*Edit Another glitch, install Oxios CloseApp & Hibernate. Only Hibernate icon is located in programs screen. Close Apps is enabled through the menu.

Last edited by thi; 08-31-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

The keyboard imitates the mogul now with wm6. You can now use letters in smartdial. Although, if u press the alt key you will still get the numbers across the top.
So if smartdial is open in landscape your keyboard will imitate mogul.
678=123
hjk=456
bnm=789
.=0
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Lurker

Elveston is a n00b
Sddaemon cannot be opened

I did a quick install this afternoon. The "Sddaemon cannot be opened" message has appeared several times thus far. Everything seems to be running well, except I cannot sync my contacts and cannot enter any contacts. I'll try a re-install tomorrow. By the way, just what is the "Sddaemon"?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elveston View Post
I did a quick install this afternoon. The "Sddaemon cannot be opened" message has appeared several times thus far. Everything seems to be running well, except I cannot sync my contacts and cannot enter any contacts. I'll try a re-install tomorrow. By the way, just what is the "Sddaemon"?
hard reset after flashing the ROM. perform a hard reset right now by pressing the 2 soft key buttons and soft reset at the same time.
white screen should come up, press y on keyboard and maybe space bar to boot (space depends on version of bootloader)
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q2010 View Post
Wireless manager doesn't open when you press and hold IE button.
Q
I had to assign it to the button on mine for it to work.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

tvith is just getting started
Ok so i have two problems::

1) after a soft reset *even after the rom installation and all the soft resets that followed after* when the phone comes bak to the today screen i get an sddaemon.exe error which states:
"The file 'sddaemon' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted cetificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file"

2) I have two Comm Manager as well as two Windows Media showing...
for Comm Manager I have one file w/ the name "Comm Manager" and the other one is w/ the name "CommManager" *notice there is a difference of space between the 2 words*
and for Windows Media I have one file w/ the name "Windows Media (1)" and the other one is w/ the name "Windows Media". They both open up the named app.

*Also, it still shows "Terminal Services Client", "Voice Speed Dial" and "Zip" but if i click on them, i get an error just like i did for sddaemon.... any ideas y?

**BTW... I'm using APAC_WM6_R0_Verizon1.02bootloader

Last edited by tvith; 08-31-2007 at 10:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development