PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDavid View Post
Change the Extended_ROM2 to Storage_Card then do a soft reset. After the soft reset, it should be set to use the Storage Card. However, for some reason I had the change the registry setting two times, and soft reset after both changes. The second time, I went in to the Messaging app, and checked to make sure everything was still set to save attachments to the storage card in the Options. I'm not sure why I had to change it twice.

I hope this helps.
"Storage_Card" is actually "Storage Card" on my device (no underscore). I tried this & soft reset several times. it didn't work . . .
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustDavid is keeping up the good workJustDavid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
"Storage_Card" is actually "Storage Card" on my device (no underscore). I tried this & soft reset several times. it didn't work . . .
Yes, you are correct, I've corrected my post.

I wish I could tell you why it didn't work. And I don't know why it took two attempts on mine before it stuck.

Sorry. I wish it would have worked for you.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Quote:
Yes, you are correct, I've corrected my post.

I wish I could tell you why it didn't work. And I wish I knew why it took two attempts on mine before it stuck.

Sorry. I wish it would have worked for you.
Is your extended_rom2 hidden or showing in File Explorer???
Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Lurker

joshhansen is a n00b
when i try to switch from portrait to landscape mode by pulling out the keyboard, it goes very very slow, like 4-5 seconds, is this just because its a bigger program or because i did something wrong? thanks. Oh and im using verizon xv6700
Old 09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JustDavid Send a message via MSN to JustDavid Send a message via Yahoo to JustDavid
Quote:
Is your extended_rom2 hidden or showing in File Explorer???
Mine is not hidden. I have several apps installed to the Extended_ROM2.

In Messaging, I went to the Options, then Storage. I unchecked the box 'When available, use this storage card to store attachments. I then clicked OK. I then went back in to the Options\Storage, and rechecked this box. And my registry setting is still pointing to \Storage Card\Inbox.xxx....
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Mine is not hidden. I have several apps installed to the Extended_ROM2.

In Messaging, I went to the Options, then Storage. I unchecked the box 'When available, use this storage card to store attachments. I then clicked OK. I then went back in to the Options\Storage, and rechecked this box. And my registry setting is still pointing to \Storage Card\Inbox.xxx....
Thanks. Mine isn't hidden either. The registry setting did stick. But when I go into options\storage, the box is checked & the Storage Card still reads (9.93 MB free), which is my empty extended_rom2. So it appears that the registry setting MAY be overriding what shows in storage until I mess with it. But it continues to show that it reading the extended_rom2 as the default storage card.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Thanks. Mine isn't hidden either. The registry setting did stick. But when I go into options\storage, the box is checked & the Storage Card still reads (9.93 MB free), which is my empty extended_rom2. So it appears that the registry setting MAY be overriding what shows in storage until I mess with it. But it continues to show that it reading the extended_rom2 as the default storage card.
I noticed the same, showing the free memory for the Extended Rom. Use your file explorer of choice, and see if there is a folder on your Storage Card named Inbox.mst..... Then check to see if you have the same folder in your Extended_ROM2.

Then I guess the only way to check it is to get an email with an attachment, and see if it is saved to the correct Storage area.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started
Quote:
Guys, I am gonna try to help out here with moving your attachments to the Storage Card. If you are comfortable editing the registry, here is the key you will need to modify:

\HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings

Here you will find a String named:

AttachPath

Here you will find a value:

\Extended_ROM2\Inbox.mstxxxxxxxx...\Mail Attachments\

Change the Extended_ROM2 to Storage Card then do a soft reset. After the soft reset, it should be set to use the Storage Card. However, for some reason I had the change the registry setting two times, and soft reset after both changes. The second time, I went in to the Messaging app, and checked to make sure everything was still set to save attachments to the storage card in the Options. I'm not sure why I had to change it twice.

I hope this helps.
Tried this and it did not work, it just created a folder called Storage Card with the same storage limit as the extended rom and Renamed Storage Card to Storage Card2 (wierd).

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T TILT Kaiser WM 6.1
Carrier: Vivo Brazil

jreisdaluz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jreisdaluz Send a message via Skype™ to jreisdaluz
Did anyone try to use ##code? Before the upgrade it was working fine. I'm using Vivo, a Brazilian carrier. The codes used to be ##code# + talk, but it doesn't work on wm6.

Last edited by jreisdaluz; 09-01-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

will0861 is a n00b
My WiFi was not working either. I had my network set up with WPA-PSK, and it worked with WM5. After the upgrade, I could not access WiFi. I just changed my network over to WEP, and my phone connected right away. Any ideas?

I definitely think this deserves a donation. I'm very happy so far, and only have the wifi issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development