View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
traviscrites
Lurker

traviscrites is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question WM6 Internet Sharing not working

Internet Sharing has worked in all V2 & V3.x WM5 OS's I've used, but I cannot seem to get it working on Helmi's WM6. It worked immediately with the last 3.5 I installed (thanks again colonel), which looked like the same internet sharing software as is used in Helmi's WM6, but it just doesn't seem to work. This is on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine using the built-in driver "Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device"

It seems to be IP address related. It gets stuck at status "Acquiring network address" then switches to "Limited or no connectivity".

Under Support Details, the connection is assigned an address of 0.0.0.0 or some random 169.254.x.x address.

I obviously don't know how all this works, but it worked before and now it does not - does anyone have any ideas? I'm sure this a novice question to most out there. Any help is greatly appreciated - I need this connection frequently for work.

I just read through this entire bugs/patches thread and I see others with this problem, but no solution (did anyone with this problem find anything?). I have disabled bluetooth and the that improved the speed at which the problem occurred but didn't solve it. I uninstalled the Device in XP and had it reinstall itself with no joy. PLEASE, one of you senior guys, help me out here...

And thanks again to Helmi for his amazing work on WM6. I've been using it for 6 days now and have had to soft-reset only once. AWESOME.