PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Your have a dead spot on your 6700. Try to hard reset again, but if you can't get past the align screen, flash back to factory rom and take it in for an exchange. Good Luck!!!

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM
phguy65

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Fisrt off just want to say great work, Helmi. It is really quite an accomplishment to get WM6 running on the Apache. Things were really weird when I allowed the Sprint customizations to run: poor stylus alignment, frozen scroll arrows & bars, physical keyboard malfunction, slow processing, really bad bluetooth, no storage card recognition and no WAN. I went back and did a hard reset and did not let the customization run. General functionality vastly improved. I can only echo problems already listed like the the WPA WAN/WIFI issues, media players with strange screen orientation problems. I am most bummed at losing my TCPMP ability to play full youtube videos (but I have seen some possible work arounds in the forums already). HTC HOME/TODAY is pretty cool but needs to be more customizable. I have been 'playing' with the rom for about 10 hours now, and except for an IE freeze (something to do with youtube downloading all the flash ads...), the rom has been pretty stable. I am going to keep this install for now because it does what I need most (phone works, plays music and surfs the web). I will be waiting patiently for a C&S rom/kitchen. Overall, really happy. Great Work!

EDIT

Sprint 6700, sprint customizations not installed, nothing added to Helmi's rom

After running the WM6 for about 72 hours I noticed the following signs of deteriorating stability:

-Some programs are not shutting down when I tap the 'x', they only minimize, frequent offenders are TCPMP and CommManager
-scroll bars/arrows stop working, requiring reset
-touch screen stops working, requiring reset
-speed seems to be slowing down - eg takes longer for a program to open, dialing is taking longer, switching between screen orientations takes longer
-significant battery drain compared to last rom, at end of day my seidio 3200mAh battery is at 70%, used to not drop below90% with same amount of use.
-IE chokes much more frequently, not only on youtube/video pages, but opening a page with moderate still graphics, oftens requires reset
-a couple of times in TCPMP and in IE the page orientation would swtch from wide ange (keyboard open) back to 'normal' orientation, happens radomly.

I know this is a 'beta' version of the rom, so I hope the above helps. I am still thrilled with the rom, A2DP really kicks, I got the WAN/WIFI to work, and the HTC home is cool....will keep using rom unless it really becomes sub funtional.

Edit on 9/15/07

Everything mentioned in above edit continues to happen after running WM6 for a week. Battery drain and overall slowness most noticeable now. Scrolls bars and stylus alignment become dysfunctional frequently. I am doing a couple of soft resets a day now. I debating whether no not to go back to 3.5, but man I really love the A2DP with WM6.

Last edited by phguy65; 09-15-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

aglinx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by masters View Post
Nope did not work for me, I just get the beacon indicator with no signal. Bummer..

Anyone have success with that method??

Verizon 6700 WM6
I had success with this method! Works perfectly!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

wasfi is a n00b
ppc 6700 with bell mobility if anyone can help with getting the device out of 2.04 rom i would really appreciate, is there a link for a step by step way to remove it as i cant upgrade to wm6 the aku i think is 3.31
yahia_wasfi@yahoo.com TIA
Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700
Carrier: Verizon

saturn2069a is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
I FOUND A WAY TO FOR THE WIFI TO WORK WITH WPA-PSK TKIP.
THIS IS HOW I DID IT: (i recommend to soft reset your device before you try this to ensure success chances)

1. TURN YOUR WI-FI ON. THEN CONNECT TO YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK (ENTER YOUR WPA KEY ETC).

2. LE THE WI-FI DO IT'S THING FOR ABOUT 5-10 SECONDS. (IN THE MEANTIME GO TO THE COMM MANAGER)

3. NOW TURN THE WI-FI OFF (WAIT 2 SECONDS) AND TURN IT BACK ON. WALA, YOU SHOULD CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY RIGHT-AWAY (AFTER A FEW SECONDS) TO THE WI-FI YOU JUST CONFIGURED.

(THIS EVEN WORKS WHEN THE PHONE GOES TO SLEEP MODE, THE WIFI RECONNECTS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES)

SWEET! I can confirm this works - at least for me! (turning WiFi Off and then On again quickly.)

My 6700 wouldn't connect to my WPA-PSK(TKIP) network here at home, and like many others I wasn't going to downgrade my WiFi encryption settings on the router. But I just tried this trick and it connected immediately after turning WiFi off and then back on quickly. Didn't have to turn off the Phone or any of the other tricks people have said worked for them (which by the way, didn't for me).

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I 2 am having issues with getting the Phone to stay in 1x Only.
I like to run it in 1x Only mode all the time to save battery (where I am located, EV-DO is not widespread so it switches back and forth causing extra battery drain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowdogMU View Post
I've read through some of these, haven't seen my bug yet:

When I go to Settings > System > Phone > Services > Mode of Operation, and I got select "1x Only", then hit OK, it doesn't change, it defaults back to "Hybrid".

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
I6. ***********Phone Carrier Codes***************

None are working as of yet. If you need to update your roaming, search to forums on how to manually update it.
This works if you install the updated Big Button Dialer for the mogul.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html

Seems to fix the problem for me. I am on Verizon.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Lurker

Kardinal is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Kardinal
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
One other thing. I've done everything that I remembered to do but I have a message saying " cannot connect for and unknown reason." It won't dail #777 and get through. Can someone with better knowledge please help!
I had having a similar issue with data.

When I had this with the old ROM, I would edit the connection, and not enter any information, just Next, Next, Finish, and that would often reset the connection. Or reboot.

Neither one solved the problem under the new ROM.

I could make and receive phone calls, and could send and recieve text messages. Just no data.

And I did permit the Sprint customizations to go through.
--
I called Sprint and they walked me through re-initiating an IOTA session on the WM6 ROM. I was able to do everything they asked on the new ROM, so he never new I was on it.

What solved it was to go to Settings, Phone, Services Tab, then Internet, press "Get Settings...", and then press "START" on the screen with "Initiate custom NAI entry to device."

Fixed the problem for me. Hope it helps you.

Last edited by Kardinal; 09-10-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

carbolic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico4k View Post
I FOUND A WAY TO FOR THE WIFI TO WORK WITH WPA-PSK TKIP.
Sorry- didn't work for me either xv6700- 2 attempts- nice try though
Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
A new annoying issue.
Activesync connects, but won't actually sync.
It says Connecting; Looking for changes; Synchronizing.
At this point, it usually goes down the list and shows the progress of syncing each item.
Now, the little green wheel/arrows just spin and say "Synchronizing" with no other information forever.
And the data is not getting synced.
I've reset my phone and PC.
Changed the advanced networking setting a few times.

ooooooooooooh. wait a minute.

Now it just synced.

OK. Something to look at, but appparently not a critical issue.
After further investigation it looks like I've got some issues w/Outlook2003. I don't think its an issue w/Activesync or the phone at all.

[later]
OK. Now I'm not so sure. A little digging and it appears that certain Tasks aren't getting synced either. I found that a few Contacts hadn't been updated earlier. I know this worked perfectly before going to WM6, but I don't know how long this hasn't been working!

Last edited by Trident; 09-10-2007 at 08:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development