PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I use the OnLock program and have for about a week now, with no problems whatsoever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLong View Post
Thanks for the reply but that's not the problem I am having. With WM 6.0 when I use the phone lock everything locks except for the volume slider. If you use the lock feature and need to silence your phone it is a real problem.

For anybody that is using phone lock check to see if you have this issue too.

For what its worth I am using the standard phone lock program. Is anybody using a different phone lock program and not having this problem?

Thanks!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 09-09-2007, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc
I can not get my Mail2web to sync. Meaning I can not add the domain name when you add it to email accounts. Has anyone been able to add in the Domain name.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

smellEdawg is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb2ppc View Post
I can not get my Mail2web to sync. Meaning I can not add the domain name when you add it to email accounts. Has anyone been able to add in the Domain name.
First, make sure there is not already an exchange server entered in activesync. Activesync -> menu -> options. Highlight "Microsoft Exchange" (if it is there) and delete it.

Then, go to Activesync -> menu -> configure server. Should be obvious from there.

If that doesn't do it, I just don't know.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellEdawg View Post
First, make sure there is not already an exchange server entered in activesync. Activesync -> menu -> options. Highlight "Microsoft Exchange" (if it is there) and delete it.

Then, go to Activesync -> menu -> configure server. Should be obvious from there.

If that doesn't do it, I just don't know.

Thanks will give it a try
Old 09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

CTLong is a n00b
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
I use the OnLock program and have for about a week now, with no problems whatsoever.....
Let me try to be more specific with my problem b/c I think I am doing a poor job of explaning. Thanks for the help noguy - the problem is most likely just me.

When using the stock Device Lock program - select lock on the today screen to lock the phone - and while the phone is locked but the backlight is ON use the volume slider. You will see that this is not locked.

With OnLock - lock the phone by hitting the power button. Then turn the backlight ON but DON'T unlock the phone. While the backlight is on and the phone is locked use the volume slider. This is not locked.

Does anybody get different results? Perhaps I am trying an oudated version of OnLock?

I'm overly paranoid about the backlight coming on, the volume being adjusted up, and a call / email coming through to my phone during an important meeting.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I just tried something to see if there was a difference and it worked.
Before I started having this issue, I had switched the advance USB-PC setting off to help make the transition to Activesync work more reliably.
As I have noticed recently that it really wasn't that consistently reliable, I turned it back on and voila- I haven't seen this charging recognition issue again.
I don't know that this is guaranteed, but it seems to be working for now.
Interesting as I have not only seen this prob in this rom, biut also on different OS and different unit before I had it replaced. I usually get it to recognize its charging by turning unit off for a few seconds, then plugging in while it is off and then charging led goes on...
Old 09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

smellEdawg is just getting started
Quote:
Thanks will give it a try
I should have specified, I am referring to the activesync that is in the program folder on your phone, not activesync on your computer. Thought I'd let you know just in case.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLong View Post
I'm overly paranoid about the backlight coming on, the volume being adjusted up, and a call / email coming through to my phone during an important meeting.

Thanks!
Athough this may not be a solution for you as it is a totally different solution.
I was having similar problems, but now my phone never gets mistakenly activated by button pressing because i use seido crystal case with holster.
And as for calls i am using "call firewall" to block calls when i need it.
In drastic measures i just goto airplane mode!
If you select volume off it will take 4 upward taps to make a volume sound anyway.

By the way did you try using the "device Lock" options where you can run a program after lock like mayby a slidelock?

Last edited by Maxx134; 09-09-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

kayem954 is a n00b
Quote:
Mail2Web works for me.. without entering the domain. Just make sure your time settings are correct because that screwed me up initially. That's the only suggestion I have, but I can confirm it does work.. No HTML though because they dont have Exchange '07 yet.. I heard they'll be updating sometime soon.

Good luck
Old 09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

richjolliff is a n00b
I have been having trouble geeting the screen to align. When trying to align it just keeps going back to alignment over and over, until I just soft reset. I have only had this problem with WM6 upgrade.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development