PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
ur absolutly right. it does do that a lot.. always in fact.. after running sum applications the ram keeps on leaking .. and after a day or 2 if u dont reset it shows 16-18-20 left out of an original of 26.5 or sumthing. the soft reset clears it .. but then i didnt check this in 3.5 either. and a settings in 3.5 did a soft rest around 7 am or sumthing each morning so ur fresh n fast for the next day . i wish i can get that registry hack or sumthing in pocket plus or sumthing. but this memory leak is really slowing this thing down with even minimal applications. after using it for sumtime.
i havnt seen this issue addressed onywhere in these threads so will the developers note this and take care of it please.
Um... maybe a dumb question... or maybe not, but are you really closing the apps by going into settings>memory>running programs and stopping them or are you just quitting them with the "ok" or "X" button?

I monitor my memory very closely. I don't see this problem at all with this ROM and it hasn't really been reported by very many others, so I'm guessing the problem is more likely related to an app you are running. Instead of instructing the "developers" (lol... got a kick out of that one) to "take care of it", it would be much more helpful if you mentioned what software you are running when you experience this issue and how you are closing the apps.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
  • Here is a list of issues I have seen since beginning to upgrade from my newest stock Verizon ROM:
    • Sometimes will not turn ON without a reset. Locked into suspend mode. (Maybe phoneAlarm Lite or other deleted software?)
    • Phone sounded bad for a while on Devel3, but fixed after Devel4 flash.
    • Does lock on Green Boot screen sometimes if HTC Home is checked on Today items.
    • Some screens require a single tap to wake up the screen before the apps will respond to a tap. Minor annoyance.
    • Phone would not vibrate for a while, at least in “Vibrate and Ring” mode, but OK now? Not sure what fixed it. Happy though.
    • Icons linked to Storage card programs often don’t appear in cLaunch after soft reset until the app menu is accessed. Common to WM5, 6, I think.
    • Icons in Start Menu may not appear correctly if they are links to Storage Card installs. Common to WM5 and 6?
This thing is working pretty good right now. Thanks again to Helmi, Verizonguy, and all the helpful ppcgeek posts.

Loving the improved colors on WM6. Using Blue Neon Swirl.tsk theme with UItweaker tweaked bars at top and bottom. Makes the Clock look great on HTC Home, but not trusting that. Is there a fix for HTC Home besides just not using it? Or just another cool digital clock? Don't need the other stuff.

Installed Software:
PPCGeeks.com ApacheHax, Cyberon VoiceCommander, BlueFrog Big Button Dialer, Pocket e-Sword with Microsoft SQLCE 2.0 (sometimes causes difficulty on older stock ROMs), ABIdea, Switch (program closer, manager) GreenSW AlarmClock, Mort’s MortPlayer 3.3 (3.31RC7 won’t work), Yanceyware Reader, PhoneWeaver, Spb Backup, DinarSoft MemMaid, Pocket Informant 2007, cLaunch, Tweaks2k2 .NET, Calendar+ Today plug-in, LVMTopBat (linked in Startup), UITweaker, SmallTime alarm timer, AlarmClock.

Deleted Software:
Adobe Flash Lite, Microsoft Games Pocketpak , phoneAlarm Lite (seems to be a common problem perhaps related to some of the above issues, I just didn't like it, but phone now seems much better)

Installation order for ROMs:
Factory installation of latest Verizon ROM
Flashed Radio 1.41
Flashed Helmi WM6 Verizonguy Devel3, created Spb Backup
Flashed Helmi WM6 Verizonguy Devel4, restored Spb Backup, worked fine.

Last edited by Robtao; 10-11-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
Um... maybe a dumb question... or maybe not, but are you really closing the apps by going into settings>memory>running programs and stopping them or are you just quitting them with the "ok" or "X" button?

I monitor my memory very closely. I don't see this problem at all with this ROM and it hasn't really been reported by very many others, so I'm guessing the problem is more likely related to an app you are running. Instead of instructing the "developers" (lol... got a kick out of that one) to "take care of it", it would be much more helpful if you mentioned what software you are running when you experience this issue and how you are closing the apps.
I'm not sure about the other poster, but when I notice the leak I go into the memory app and there is nothing running (except Activesync sometimes).... I'm not sure about him, but mine is definitely a leak... And like I said, I don't run many apps at all, strictly email and palringo... IE every now and then but that is literally it...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post

read a bit carefully before u ask the "maybee a dumb or not" question. he carefully mentioned he closed all the applications using the task manager and ever tried it thru menmaild. and i quoted that in my answer. this is a bugs thread n its logical to report issues here. and i just confirmed sumone elses bug so it means other people do have it. i have been using this rom for over a month now without any serious issues. iv havnt had to soft reset much at all. i just do it recently to get that 26 mb instead of the leaked 18-20mb.and wanted to find out sum answers from more experienced people.

applications loaded
MSVC 1.6
GOOGLE MAPS-closed always
SKYPE -closed always
SPB POCKET PLUS-disabled on today screen just the safe mode enabled to save my hard reset., even the close button from spb is disabled. in fact use the spb plus only to soft reboot sumtimes n basically the safe mode.
octro talk- closed always
ppc geeks phone codes
asb power meter - always closed
bad sectors id transfer v 1.03
lennysh voice command fix wm6
adobe flashlite -closed usually
szabi cube launcher closed
macromedia flash player activex
touchpal coo tek.. not used either.
the closed always applications are just installed n used rarely. and enabled not to start on startup or anything. always check the x button to make surenothing is running before i reported this issue.
and it was already present even before the flash n touchpal n macromedia n cube were installed.
i doubt most of these sitting applications wud cause a memory leak . but then maybee they might. the sbp pocket plus seems like the likely offender but i dare uninstall it coz of the safe mode feature.
sumone with a clean raw wm6 can check their phones thru the x button(1.51 version closes most applications when u click it unlike the version 2 and previous versions.) and confirm whether they have any memory leak issues.
it drains very slowly like a few kb at a time when u use applications .. and doesnt come back when u close them..
thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
read a bit carefully before u ask the "maybee a dumb or not" question. he carefully mentioned he closed all the applications using the task manager and ever tried it thru menmaild. and i quoted that in my answer. this is a bugs thread n its logical to report issues here. and i just confirmed sumone elses bug so it means other people do have it. i have been using this rom for over a month now without any serious issues. iv havnt had to soft reset much at all. i just do it recently to get that 26 mb instead of the leaked 18-20mb.and wanted to find out sum answers from more experienced people.
Since you did not mention details in your post, I figured asking the "dumb" question was the prudent thing to do. As I've learned from these threads, quoting something doesn't necessarily mean you did the same thing. You've now answered it...

Anyway, I did not say that other people don't have it. I simply stated that it hasn't been reported by "many others". Out of the 650 or so posts in this thread, I can only find a handful of similar posts. My point was that some have it and some don't... yet we are all running the same ROM. So, it follows that the problem is likely induced or caused by an outside influence (ie, software) that not everyone uses. Or, maybe it's just that nobody notices it...

However, telling the developers to "take care of it", without providing details isn't really helpful. These guys are donating their time to our benefit and they rely on us to help them identify and resolve issues. You've provided some helpful information now. I would ask others having memory leak problems to do the same, so that maybe the community can come up with some commonality that will help resolve it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I think I am starting to see a pattern here:
Software trouble:
Phone trouble! (Duh)
This time, my "won't turn ON" or "stuck in suspend mode", which has not appeared in a while (since phoneAlarm Lite??) mysteriously reappeared after wishfully installing WolfClock, software which I used to have problems with, and now have extra problems with in WM6. Let me guess: Deleted: Problem gone?
Shoot! I really like WolfClock! It was for 2002-2003. Too old?.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

rp3319 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rp3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dardo View Post
find ACTIVE SYNC mode...its not active sync..will put a 2nd green circle on your programs..and set it to USB mode
I wasn't understanding what this was, but I found in system/connections/USB to PC on the 6700. I unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" and it connected as soon as I clicked "OK".
Old 10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: verizon

bdavid01 is a n00b
I did post # 650 the other day, but no response. Could someone please check the original wm6 dialer to see if the arrow buttom is just a white tab? I reinstalled the wm6 upgrade and still have the same white tab. Is anyone else the same? If so, how would I go about fixing?? Thanks. Please see post 650 to see how to go to the original dialer.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

My XV6700 (Helmi WM6 Verizonguy Devel4 ROM) has been ringing the phone slowly (on the 4th or 5th ring from the calling end!) If I turn off the device with the phone dialer on the screen, it will start ringing as soon as the second ring. Much better!
My guess is loading or waking up the Dialer is the issue?
Using BlueFrog Big Button Dialer.
Can anyone suggest a faster loading or responding Dialer, with Big buttons, and hopefully blue buttons, numbers, or theme?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty82 View Post
I am having a new issue related to something I hadn't tried since I changed to the new ROM, I can't seem to do a 3 way call. Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone have any ideas. I am trying to make a 3 way call the same way as I used to with WM5. The following is how I used to make 3 way call with WM5 from within a call I push flash, dial number, then push flash to dial 2nd phone number, push flash again to put both calls together. This is what happens with WM6; from within call I push flash, dial phone number, push flash again to dial 2nd phone number, call never dials it just connects me back to the 1st line.
I use that feature all the time in my business. However I never used to press flash to dial the second number (even with WM5 stock and cooked). I hit flash, dial number, hit green, hit flash to connect the three once second rings for first time. Maybe this will help??

WM6 for me so far has been amazing! Love it, thanks Helmi!! The only issues I'm noticing is that my MSVC 1.6 isn't working off my WEP500 anymore, and I can't get the ID announced like before ( I did all steps in the other thread BTW) So I'll play around with it some more. I used to have a cab file on my card to install a program that opened my audio channels. I put it in my Start list, and used voice command to say "Open Audio" it would run and keep my audio open, I was able to easily listen to ringtones, music, tv etc. Now of course I cannot find the cab file, nor do I remember the name of the little program. I've been searching on here but keep getting URL errors. Plus me having like one hundred cab files and fixes and zips from PPC related stuff makes it a tad hard.

Besides all that and the weird Call History thing ( I didn't let any carrier cust. run) that's all. No BSOD's or hard reset needed yet and going on well over a week of straight use.

ETA: OH!!! I totally forgot also... for once, FINALLY, threaded text messaging is working freakin awesome!!! I never ever got it to work on WM5. So THANK YOU!!!! It's really cool.

I haven't actually done much else to it. Afraid to actually because I'm not sure what is compatible right now with WM6 that I used to run before like hacks, fixes, programs, etc.

Last edited by LadySaat; 10-12-2007 at 02:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development