Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
sunny1974
PPCGeeks Regular

sunny1974 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
Um... maybe a dumb question... or maybe not, but are you really closing the apps by going into settings>memory>running programs and stopping them or are you just quitting them with the "ok" or "X" button?

I monitor my memory very closely. I don't see this problem at all with this ROM and it hasn't really been reported by very many others, so I'm guessing the problem is more likely related to an app you are running. Instead of instructing the "developers" (lol... got a kick out of that one) to "take care of it", it would be much more helpful if you mentioned what software you are running when you experience this issue and how you are closing the apps.
read a bit carefully before u ask the "maybee a dumb or not" question. he carefully mentioned he closed all the applications using the task manager and ever tried it thru menmaild. and i quoted that in my answer. this is a bugs thread n its logical to report issues here. and i just confirmed sumone elses bug so it means other people do have it. i have been using this rom for over a month now without any serious issues. iv havnt had to soft reset much at all. i just do it recently to get that 26 mb instead of the leaked 18-20mb.and wanted to find out sum answers from more experienced people.

applications loaded
MSVC 1.6
GOOGLE MAPS-closed always
SKYPE -closed always
SPB POCKET PLUS-disabled on today screen just the safe mode enabled to save my hard reset., even the close button from spb is disabled. in fact use the spb plus only to soft reboot sumtimes n basically the safe mode.
octro talk- closed always
ppc geeks phone codes
asb power meter - always closed
bad sectors id transfer v 1.03
lennysh voice command fix wm6
adobe flashlite -closed usually
szabi cube launcher closed
macromedia flash player activex
touchpal coo tek.. not used either.
the closed always applications are just installed n used rarely. and enabled not to start on startup or anything. always check the x button to make surenothing is running before i reported this issue.
and it was already present even before the flash n touchpal n macromedia n cube were installed.
i doubt most of these sitting applications wud cause a memory leak . but then maybee they might. the sbp pocket plus seems like the likely offender but i dare uninstall it coz of the safe mode feature.
sumone with a clean raw wm6 can check their phones thru the x button(1.51 version closes most applications when u click it unlike the version 2 and previous versions.) and confirm whether they have any memory leak issues.
it drains very slowly like a few kb at a time when u use applications .. and doesnt come back when u close them..
thanks