Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
hefman
PPCGeeks Regular

hefman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
read a bit carefully before u ask the "maybee a dumb or not" question. he carefully mentioned he closed all the applications using the task manager and ever tried it thru menmaild. and i quoted that in my answer. this is a bugs thread n its logical to report issues here. and i just confirmed sumone elses bug so it means other people do have it. i have been using this rom for over a month now without any serious issues. iv havnt had to soft reset much at all. i just do it recently to get that 26 mb instead of the leaked 18-20mb.and wanted to find out sum answers from more experienced people.
Since you did not mention details in your post, I figured asking the "dumb" question was the prudent thing to do. As I've learned from these threads, quoting something doesn't necessarily mean you did the same thing. You've now answered it...

Anyway, I did not say that other people don't have it. I simply stated that it hasn't been reported by "many others". Out of the 650 or so posts in this thread, I can only find a handful of similar posts. My point was that some have it and some don't... yet we are all running the same ROM. So, it follows that the problem is likely induced or caused by an outside influence (ie, software) that not everyone uses. Or, maybe it's just that nobody notices it...

However, telling the developers to "take care of it", without providing details isn't really helpful. These guys are donating their time to our benefit and they rely on us to help them identify and resolve issues. You've provided some helpful information now. I would ask others having memory leak problems to do the same, so that maybe the community can come up with some commonality that will help resolve it.