PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Hello all,

OK, I've tried to keep up with all the pages of posts...in some cases they grew faster than I could read them. I finally updated my 6700 to Helmi's latest and greatest yesterday and configured it with my programs and such...prior I was running Phoenx06's initial 3.5 AKU bootloader version (the Sprint C&S ROM).

- The new ROM is not as fast...for speed, that prior 3.5 C&S ROM was the best I've used to-date (even better than Phoenx06's subsequent C&S ROM...for those who have tried his ROMs, the one I liked was the one with the Spiderman boot screen).

- When I open an HTML email in this latest version the message seems to be scrolled to the middle...kind of annoying. That said, it is nice to have the HTML email support (one of the main reasons I upgraded).

- Sending/receiving emails, as well as forming an ActiveSync connection (via USB) all seem to take longer.

- I don't like the way WM6 brings over all my Yahoo folders, as opposed to just the Inbox...I need to figure out how to have the Send/Receive process only look at my Yahoo Inbox (ideas?)

- I like the WM6 initial email screen, the one that lets you select the account.

- The different position of the Delete action in Messaging threw me off for a bit, but I'm getting used to it.

- I like the Audio Manager app...it even works with my Moto 820's (A2DP/AVRCP) and the control buttons.

- Of course the out-of-the-box support for mobile YouTube is awesome.

- I'm definitely not a fan of the HTC Today screen app. Sure, it brings together some decent features...but none of them are comprehensive enough for me. The clock is too big and annoying, the weather app has a lame default screen, and in the photo dialing I can't seem to set a default number. I went back to TofClock's (RIP) 700w Today plugin and PocketWeather instead.

- Nice set of games included

- The program redundancy was a little disappointing, but for people like me who can't make the mental leap to cooking our own ROMs, it's a minor annoyance. Even with the ROM's multiple programs for things like remote connections and media, and then the ones I added (PDANet, PocketPlayer) I still have scads of storage available.

- All my programs seem to work (PIEPlus, iGuidance 3.2, GoogleMaps, Live Search (forgot this was part of the ROM), MemMaid 2.0, Wisbar Lite, PocketWeather, PocketBreeze, VJCandela, eWallet, Resco Photo Viewer, etc.).

- When connected and in the process of syncing, the device is nearly unresponsive. I too have noticed the occasional hiccup when unconnected as well...just a delay after which the device operates as usual.

Not sure if I'll try to affect some of the other configurations I had in the past (e.g. remove SMS sent notifications, install VC, configure BT for each diversion to headset earpiece for GPS commands, etc.). I'll likely keep this setup, though, so I must be pretty happy with it. Thanks again, Helmi!

- Doug
As for the Yahoo issue, this was also the case for WM5. What you need to do is change the default setting and change it to pop not Imap. its
pop.mail.yahoo.com
Old 09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Lurker

shwa311 is a n00b
2 issues: SPB Mobile Shell & Call History

First let me appologize if these have already been mentioned. I've just finished reading the main thread and my heads going to pop. I thought I would just do my part and hightlight a couple of thing I've noticed without again reading through another long thread. Anyway...

Couple of things I've noticed...

1. My call history no longer shows the icons for missed, incoming, outgoing. That area for these icons is transparent and I can see the new phone dialer or what ever app is in the background.)

2. SPM Mobile Shell... God I like this app but SPB seems to have some memory probs for me. V1.0 created a leak (WM5) so I uninstalled and waited for V1.5. That seemed to do it. Know that I have WM6 (Helmi and others, thanks! I was here , know I'm here ) this was one of the first apps I wanted to install. I did and it seems to have a mem release problem. Meaning I will open up another app (that obviously uses mem) and when I close it the mem is not released. Basically I end up with below 1mb of program mem. Soft reset... It all comes back.

I cant be for certain its MShell but I'm pretty sure.

3. Just got a Jawbone yesterday and my battery got chowed. I'll have to test this a bit more. I haven't really been using the BT capabilities for a while.

?? Is there a way in the HTC Home ringtones to adjust the Automatic setting? Cant seem to find it.

Installed apps:
SPB time
SPB Mobile Shell
SK Tools
IlIum eWallet
1-Cal full version
Egress
Sprite Backup
Old 09-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Lurker

FaerieFire is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardoc64 View Post
in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Backlight/Lock Level
change to 0. save change and soft reset. Interesting that the problem is also in WM6. I had the error in WM5 even with AKU 3.5 and found it in my "experimental" 6700 with WM6....
Mine has stopped doing this, five days into the upgrade and a few soft resets down the road, without resorting to the registry hack. I couldn't even get the registry fix or Neo's fix to stop it with AKU 3.5. So, if you haven't done some soft resets since flashing to WM6, maybe give it some time yet.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RAPH800 Touch Pro

namopereht is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Yeah, it's not that much of a problem...at times I like to keep the phone connected to my machine so it can charge, which I use if for DAP purposes...unfortunately the ActiveSync utilization causes MP3s to skip at times. It's not enough of an annoyance for me to revert, but it's something I'd love to see corrected.

- Doug
If you just need then USB connection for charging, disable USB in activesync. Then re-enable it when you need to sync. (click on AS tray icon, connection settings, check/uncheck allow usb connections) That should work as a workaround. As for a cure, maybe there is a way to reduce the process priority to AS? Just a thought I know nothing about.

By the way, great rom. First rom that doesnt randomly disconnect my BT headset. Other roms also made my headset go goofy after 8-10 hours connected. It would require me to click the MF button on the headset before it would connect to the phonecall. Now is perfect. No lockups and 3 days without soft reset. Battery life is great even with my BT headset and GPS connected at all times. Can't wait for the kitchen so I can make this truly the phone I always wanted.

namopereht
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Lurker

FaerieFire is a n00b
For anyone who's still having problems with TCPMP, I'd recommend downloading the latest and installing it over top. It solved my problems with it, excepting a lockup on the YouTube main (non-mobile) page. I'm now using the YouTube Pocket site instead (http://www.ytpocket.com) and no lockups, with full search functions and even instructions on installing and optimizing TCPMP.

My remaining problem is the phone setting itself to vibrate mode, which I see some others are having also. My question is whether this can be tied to the apparent lack of locking of the volume slider while the phone is "locked" -- meaning we're accidentally putting it into vibrate mode ourselves -- or whether it's the "automatic" ringer mode of the HTC Home plug-in silencing the phone even though we've got the ringer setting on "normal." I'm going to be tinkering with some settings to see if I can narrow it down. Please post if you have more input on this. (A complicating issue for me is my Photo Contacts Pro installation, which could also be a factor in this.)
Old 09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was xv6700...now xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

javo419 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfields4800 View Post
WOOHOO - This rocks... (i know like a million people have said that.. but..)

For those who use GOOD Mobile Messaging, the good news, IT WORKS!!!!!! Installed, Configured and runs with no issues. ( Unlike the Kervin 3.5 c&s )

Is anyone else having issues with internet sharing? Prior to this install, I was able to use the internet sharing in 3.5c&s with the usb connection (dont have bluetooth on my laptop..) Now it doesnt seem to work.

On the phone side, it looks like it connects just fine... strangely, on the PC side however, it doesn't get an ip address from the phone. I did disable advanced networking on the phone side, but still no good.. any ideas?
-= edit =-
weirdness.. after an hour or two of playing around, ICS has decided to work..
I was trying the internet sharing last night and couldnt get it to get an IP on the PC (through USB). I havent tried this yet, but I was thinking maybe uninstall the driver when the phone is connected (from device manager), then rescan for hardware changes and then the phone will pop back up and reinstall the driver. Just an idea...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Calebz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
My bigger problem is that my messaging is reading the extended rom as my storage card,

Thats my only real issue thus far. Sure would like to see a fix for it.

There are a couple little things from the 3.5 ROM that I miss, but they are all just little things that can wait until a Kitchen is released.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Calebz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy View Post
You will need to hide the ext rom, for it to use your regular sd card to save attachments.
To do that change this reg entry using a reg editor and soft reset.
hide ext rom
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
"MountHidden"=dword:00000001

Voicedial was removed by helmi, personal pref (most users also), you will need MS Voice Command.

@heffman: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=17 for button 5 fix (voice command)
Did this - no luck. Willl try a hard reset, then apply the reg edit before I set anything else up.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ecamacho is a n00b
Sorry if this has been posted about already, but so far everything seems to be working great. The only thing that won't work for me is connecting to my home wifi. I am using WPA with TKIP and have all the correct info and input the correct password and it won't ever connect. I haven't tried it with WEP but I'd really rather not downgrade my wireless security to be able to use my phone online. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Lurker

ezekiel is a n00b
No data

hey, i can't seem to get data service, it just says code 37, it says misc error setting up mobile IP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development