PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here is one bug that I found. When you are in the Phone App and then you go to call history, the buttons next to each person that called you are missing....
Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

jerkyjones is a n00b
BT File Transfer Profile isn't available. Was able to transfer pic from another phone via bluetooth, now doesn't work with same phones.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
i looked but couldnt find it and i know it was a problem before...the button 5 (press & hold) doesnt work. this was a problem if i remember a while ago but for the life of me cant remember how i fixed it. anyone else?
Not meaning to sound patronizing... but search these new WM6 threads. I had this issue and it was resolved... within the last 48 hours.

There is a registry hack that works easily.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:47 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Here is one bug that I found. When you are in the Phone App and then you go to call history, the buttons next to each person that called you are missing....
What buttons are you referring to?
I've still got the same indicators to the left of the names/numbers that I've had on every dialer ever.
You really don't need them- you can still tap or tap/hold any item and call, delete, etc.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Regarding WiFi... for the record, I connected to my old D-Link DWL-G800 AP just fine after I entered my WEP key (no WPA support on this bad boy). So, if there is an issue with authentication it may be related specifically to WPA-PSK, as WEP seems to work fine.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

aglinx is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
When you installed the WM6 rom, did you do a soft reset before the message about customizations will begin in 3 seconds? If you did not, that would cause the problem you are having. You will have to do a hard reset and then after it starts for the first time, soft reset when the screen pops up about 3 seconds to customizations...
Old 09-02-2007, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

answerman is a n00b
Oh, by the way regarding my post a few posts up... as I mentioned my carrier is Alltel, but more importantly my extended ROM has been unlocked and cleared out for quite a while. So, obviously, I didn't let the carrier customizations run, since there are none to run.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

answerman is a n00b
Hey, cool... I'm a senior member now? Looks like 100 posts is the magic number.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

tvith is just getting started
I thought i asked this before but i guess not, Does anyone if this rom update shows the "character" # for txt? Like w/ the verizon stock rom, when writing a txt, under the line there will be 0/160 and as u type away the 0 changes to how many letters *or characters* have already been used in the txt, i found this helpful when i would write txt that's like 162, that way i could go bak and change it up so that it'll stay to 160... so is there an option i can do that would show these character numbers again?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verizon

romulus15 is a n00b
TXT "bug"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvith View Post
Does anyone if this rom update shows the "character" # for txt?
Not yet. It doesn't work yet, hopefully someone will figure out how to enable it. I never used it much myself as all the phones i send txt's to support multi-message texts. I just keep on typing and the phone will break it up into 160 character messages and send them individually.

----

I can confirm the txt message disappearing bug, and can extend it a little bit.

When you get a new, unread txt message and soft reset the phone, the unread message will be gone. Existing read txt's _will_ still be there ok. I can add that I had 2 unread email messages that I deleted. I then soft reset the phone and they returned as unread messages.

This WAS a problem with every single ROM I had on the phone from the initial ROM release on Verizon.

I believe it might be a timing issue. People with this "issue" please verify.

Send yourself a txt, then immediately soft reset after it comes in. The txt will be gone.

Send yourself another txt, wait a few minutes, then soft reset. The txt will still be there.

It seems like the incoming txt's, as well as emails, don't get written to the appropriate data file for a while. Seems like they get stored in a temporary file, then after 30 seconds to 2 minutes, they get written to the permanent data store.

This same behavior is exhibited when editing the registry in the past. If anyone remembers, editing the registry and immediately soft resetting causes the change not to take. You had to wait a few minutes, then soft reset for the change to take effect.

I'm not sure if it's by design from the MS programmers(albeit a strange design choice), or if it's a hardware limitation in the threading model of the processor.

I'm not sure that this is a bug or not.

Can anyone that has WM5 loaded see if this affects them as well?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development