Regular 'Geeker

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Hello all,

OK, I've tried to keep up with all the pages of posts...in some cases they grew faster than I could read them. I finally updated my 6700 to Helmi's latest and greatest yesterday and configured it with my programs and such...prior I was running Phoenx06's initial 3.5 AKU bootloader version (the Sprint C&S ROM).

- The new ROM is not as fast...for speed, that prior 3.5 C&S ROM was the best I've used to-date (even better than Phoenx06's subsequent C&S ROM...for those who have tried his ROMs, the one I liked was the one with the Spiderman boot screen).

- When I open an HTML email in this latest version the message seems to be scrolled to the middle...kind of annoying. That said, it is nice to have the HTML email support (one of the main reasons I upgraded).

- Sending/receiving emails, as well as forming an ActiveSync connection (via USB) all seem to take longer.

- I don't like the way WM6 brings over all my Yahoo folders, as opposed to just the Inbox...I need to figure out how to have the Send/Receive process only look at my Yahoo Inbox (ideas?)

- I like the WM6 initial email screen, the one that lets you select the account.

- The different position of the Delete action in Messaging threw me off for a bit, but I'm getting used to it.

- I like the Audio Manager app...it even works with my Moto 820's (A2DP/AVRCP) and the control buttons.

- Of course the out-of-the-box support for mobile YouTube is awesome.

- I'm definitely not a fan of the HTC Today screen app. Sure, it brings together some decent features...but none of them are comprehensive enough for me. The clock is too big and annoying, the weather app has a lame default screen, and in the photo dialing I can't seem to set a default number. I went back to TofClock's (RIP) 700w Today plugin and PocketWeather instead.

- Nice set of games included

- The program redundancy was a little disappointing, but for people like me who can't make the mental leap to cooking our own ROMs, it's a minor annoyance. Even with the ROM's multiple programs for things like remote connections and media, and then the ones I added (PDANet, PocketPlayer) I still have scads of storage available.

- All my programs seem to work (PIEPlus, iGuidance 3.2, GoogleMaps, Live Search (forgot this was part of the ROM), MemMaid 2.0, Wisbar Lite, PocketWeather, PocketBreeze, VJCandela, eWallet, Resco Photo Viewer, etc.).

- When connected and in the process of syncing, the device is nearly unresponsive. I too have noticed the occasional hiccup when unconnected as well...just a delay after which the device operates as usual.

Not sure if I'll try to affect some of the other configurations I had in the past (e.g. remove SMS sent notifications, install VC, configure BT for each diversion to headset earpiece for GPS commands, etc.). I'll likely keep this setup, though, so I must be pretty happy with it. Thanks again, Helmi!

- Doug
As for the Yahoo issue, this was also the case for WM5. What you need to do is change the default setting and change it to pop not Imap. its
pop.mail.yahoo.com