PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatat View Post
just a thought, the kitchen never works for me when i have active sync setup for usb connections... so try unchecking that box

I've never heard of that problem. But I suppose whatever works.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6700

BCSavage is a n00b

Ok guys, I'm trying my best here but it's alot of info to take in. There isn't a "how to flash WM6 to your 6700 for Dummies" anywhere is there? lol. I don't even have my phone yet (just bought it off ebay) but I know I would definately NOT like to brick this phone. Pretty much all of this stuff is new to me (I've done firmware upgrades on phones in the past, but nothing like this). 167 pages of thread is alot to get a grip on.

I'm going to continue reading, but if someone could pipe up with the following that'd be swell

- what program do I need to load WM6 onto the device?
- what exactly is it that I am doing to the phone with said software?
- what file(s) do I load onto the phone using above software?
- as a complete beginner, what are the odds of me bricking the thing because I don't know all the tricks?

I wish it were as simple as loading a new OS onto my home PC. Computers I get fully, but for some reasons phones elude me.

ok, I think I'm on the right track here using Buildos. I had tried to update earlier and nothing happened. Didn't realize I needed to acquire the WM6 files through the update process. Now I'm getting an error

don't know if it means anything detrimental to flashing though

Last edited by BCSavage; 06-30-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: verizon

rerunwatson99 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rerunwatson99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSavage View Post
Ok guys, I'm trying my best here but it's alot of info to take in. There isn't a "how to flash WM6 to your 6700 for Dummies" anywhere is there? lol. I don't even have my phone yet (just bought it off ebay) but I know I would definately NOT like to brick this phone. Pretty much all of this stuff is new to me (I've done firmware upgrades on phones in the past, but nothing like this). 167 pages of thread is alot to get a grip on.

I'm going to continue reading, but if someone could pipe up with the following that'd be swell

- as a complete beginner, what are the odds of me bricking the thing because I don't know all the tricks?

I wish it were as simple as loading a new OS onto my home PC. Computers I get fully, but for some reasons phones elude me.

ok, I think I'm on the right track here using Buildos. I had tried to update earlier and nothing happened. Didn't realize I needed to acquire the WM6 files through the update process. Now I'm getting an error

Hey
I'm in the same boat as well.
If anyone can also help me out as well that would be great and very appreciated. I'm a beginner and i need a good place to help me start doing this stuff from the ground up....send me a pm or something the thread that can direct me to the right path.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Q1: You will need BuildOS, aka "the kitchen". This is where you "cook" the customized ROM to your carrier specification and can add some additional programs. There are alot of versions and you can get the current in the stickies at the top of this upgrade subforum. I believe the ugraded LennySH is the most current.
Q2/3:You are flashing the ROM (=Read Only Memory), where the OS files reside. Flash (=update) and you use the RUU (ROM Update Utility) in the kitchen in conjunction with Activesync to transfer the ROM to the phone. Because of the kitchen, you can also place other programs as well. Because it is ROM, you can't change this file by file (e.g. like a PC OS upgrade). You have to reflash the entire ROM.
Q4: Not likely to brick although at times you may think it is. Take special note of your bootloader version (v2.05 is especially bad). Most problems arise with a ROM that is too big (e.g. you specified too many items while cooking) and you get stuck at various pre-boot stages on the phone. Just keep reading on all the problems and get an idea of the terminology so that you can describe it here. It has most likely been observed already so check the stickies in the main Apache forum. Check out the tutorials. Just do a search for "tutorial". Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:

In a short answer, No. If you don't want those worthless apps then just okay. What happend was the OEM.RAR you have doesn'
t contain those. WOrry not. Just get to cooking
Old 07-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMETRIX View Post
When I plug the usb cable in (tried 3 different cables on different systems, xp home, xp pro, 2k3, 2k8, vista home, and vista ultimate) and it never says USB when plugging in the usb cable. I did a continuity test on the cable I was using to assure it was in good working order and it just wont go to USB Bootloader mode. =(
Please PM your email to me, and I will spend several hours with you, if you'd like, to get your device back in working order. I am sure we can get it working, as I have helped numerous people, thus far. So, please just PM me with your AIM/MSN/Yahoo address, and we can go through all of the steps. If you do intend on buying the mogul, will it be a new device, or a refurb? Beware, refurb has a lot less of a warranty coverage, so make sure you have insurance. Either way, hit me up and I will walk you through the steps, to get your device back in working order.
Andrew,
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Lurker

BCSavage is a n00b

well, here goes nothing I guess :P
Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Lurker

BCSavage is a n00b

well that went alright. I do notice it's a bit slower but I haven't done the overclock yet (don't want to fry this thing is has it been deemed safe by all yet?)
Old 07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
In a short answer, No. If you don't want those worthless apps then just okay. What happend was the OEM.RAR you have doesn'
t contain those. WOrry not. Just get to cooking
They are there, they just changed ID so the link to them broke. Either reselect, or build without. Either way, once you save your configuration the broken links will be removed
Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
well that went alright. I do notice it's a bit slower but I haven't done the overclock yet (don't want to fry this thing is has it been deemed safe by all yet?)
There haven't been any reported failures from overclocking. Yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development