View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
rerunwatson99
Lurker

rerunwatson99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rerunwatson99
Re: Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSavage View Post
Ok guys, I'm trying my best here but it's alot of info to take in. There isn't a "how to flash WM6 to your 6700 for Dummies" anywhere is there? lol. I don't even have my phone yet (just bought it off ebay) but I know I would definately NOT like to brick this phone. Pretty much all of this stuff is new to me (I've done firmware upgrades on phones in the past, but nothing like this). 167 pages of thread is alot to get a grip on.

I'm going to continue reading, but if someone could pipe up with the following that'd be swell

- what program do I need to load WM6 onto the device?
- what exactly is it that I am doing to the phone with said software?
- what file(s) do I load onto the phone using above software?
- as a complete beginner, what are the odds of me bricking the thing because I don't know all the tricks?

I wish it were as simple as loading a new OS onto my home PC. Computers I get fully, but for some reasons phones elude me.

ok, I think I'm on the right track here using Buildos. I had tried to update earlier and nothing happened. Didn't realize I needed to acquire the WM6 files through the update process. Now I'm getting an error

don't know if it means anything detrimental to flashing though

Hey
I'm in the same boat as well.
If anyone can also help me out as well that would be great and very appreciated. I'm a beginner and i need a good place to help me start doing this stuff from the ground up....send me a pm or something the thread that can direct me to the right path.