PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep - the only thing to keep in mind is, it doesn't work for reg files, etc. All it does (and correct me here if I am wrong kitchen guys) is blindly copy the files into \Windows somewhere near the end of the build process, merrily overwriting files of the same name.
Yes that's correct. Patches folder should work for everything except initflashfiles, rgu files and dsm files. Just drop the files you want to replace into the Patches folder (don't put them in subfolders) and they should get placed in the ROM, replacing any existing file of the same name that was already there.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-09-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Retired Staff

Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Just redid with the X.04 ruu, got same error RUU has stopped responding.
Here is exactly what i am doing on my vista x32
1) Mobile device center usb on
2) Put phone in bootloader mode
3) plug phone to USB
4) USB is recognized
5) run BuildOS
6) select x.04, verizon, apache, and HTC splash at top bar
7) pick items wanted, and click green play button
8 pick verizon.prj when asked
9) click encode when asked, then exit when done
10) upgrade screen comes up and i press next
11) get error "RUU has stopped responding"

also, just noticed if i have my phone hooked up to device center for normal sync and i try to transfer a large amount of files from the computer to the phone after sometime i will get an error saying the process can not be completed the device has disconnected.
I think maybe something happened during the step where you changed the sync driver. Are you running Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1? If so, actually you should be able to revert the driver back to the original one (go to start and type in the search box "Device Manager" with your PPC connected. Find the entry for your PPC (the one you changed in the modaco guide) and open it up, go to the driver tab and choose Roll Back Driver.

If you have UAC off then no need to do anything else--just try flashing again. If you still have UAC on (the dark screen double beep allow/deny thing) then you need to go into the kitchen folder, then to the Upgrade folder, then to the NewBootloader_RUU folder. Right click on ROMUpgradeUT.exe, go to the compatibility tab and choose "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK.

Also, assuming you have more than one USB port (no matter where it is), try using a different one than you have been using after making the above changes.

I just reinstalled Vista myself and with the new version of Windows Mobile Device Center, the modaco driver change step is no longer required.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
I'm going to update to WMDC 6.1 from MS.

I was on 6.0.6783 -- if that solves the issue on Vista -- it's easier than the modaco fix.

Will try again tonight for the fun of it since I haven't customized my device too much yet.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep - the only thing to keep in mind is, it doesn't work for reg files, etc. All it does (and correct me here if I am wrong kitchen guys) is blindly copy the files into \Windows somewhere near the end of the build process, merrily overwriting files of the same name.
Great, that's awsome! Thank for your quick response and feedback!, again this is by far the best forum i have ever been in, thankx.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
If I selected the VistaHideBattery that puts the gradient battery bar over the top of the topbar, is there a way to get rid of it without reflashing?

Old 11-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
If I selected the VistaHideBattery that puts the gradient battery bar over the top of the topbar, is there a way to get rid of it without reflashing?
I also selected it in the rom. The shortcut is in the \windows\startup items folder and should be easily removed.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

da1stprince is keeping up the good workda1stprince is keeping up the good work
can anyone tell me where i can download the previous build? it seems to be more stable than this update. so far i find myself having to reset after a few glitches whereas the previous build was perfect for me. unfortunately i lost that previous build and would like to get it back...thanx!
edit: is this the previuos update?...(Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) if so, never mind...

Last edited by da1stprince; 11-09-2007 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
I think maybe something happened during the step where you changed the sync driver. Are you running Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1? If so, actually you should be able to revert the driver back to the original one (go to start and type in the search box "Device Manager" with your PPC connected. Find the entry for your PPC (the one you changed in the modaco guide) and open it up, go to the driver tab and choose Roll Back Driver.

If you have UAC off then no need to do anything else--just try flashing again. If you still have UAC on (the dark screen double beep allow/deny thing) then you need to go into the kitchen folder, then to the Upgrade folder, then to the NewBootloader_RUU folder. Right click on ROMUpgradeUT.exe, go to the compatibility tab and choose "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK.

Also, assuming you have more than one USB port (no matter where it is), try using a different one than you have been using after making the above changes.

I just reinstalled Vista myself and with the new version of Windows Mobile Device Center, the modaco driver change step is no longer required.

ALL IS GOOD!! I reinstalled WMDC 6.1 and made sure my UAC was turned off, rebooted and ran BuildOS and all went perfect not a single glitch and all in Vista, hoorah !! luv2chill i appreciate the help.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by da1stprince View Post
can anyone tell me where i can download the previous build? it seems to be more stable than this update. so far i find myself having to reset after a few glitches whereas the previous build was perfect for me. unfortunately i lost that previous build and would like to get it back...thanx!
edit: is this the previuos update?...(Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) if so, never mind...

Here is helmi's original thread scroll down to your carrier and cllick that will take you right to the down load of the original file
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
ALL IS GOOD!! I reinstalled WMDC 6.1 and made sure my UAC was turned off, rebooted and ran BuildOS and all went perfect not a single glitch and all in Vista, hoorah !! luv2chill i appreciate the help.
No problem--glad to hear it worked. WMDC 6.1 makes things much easier for Vista users now (myself included!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development