Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM
hunter
N00b

hunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
I think maybe something happened during the step where you changed the sync driver. Are you running Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1? If so, actually you should be able to revert the driver back to the original one (go to start and type in the search box "Device Manager" with your PPC connected. Find the entry for your PPC (the one you changed in the modaco guide) and open it up, go to the driver tab and choose Roll Back Driver.

If you have UAC off then no need to do anything else--just try flashing again. If you still have UAC on (the dark screen double beep allow/deny thing) then you need to go into the kitchen folder, then to the Upgrade folder, then to the NewBootloader_RUU folder. Right click on ROMUpgradeUT.exe, go to the compatibility tab and choose "Run this program as an administrator" and click OK.

Also, assuming you have more than one USB port (no matter where it is), try using a different one than you have been using after making the above changes.

I just reinstalled Vista myself and with the new version of Windows Mobile Device Center, the modaco driver change step is no longer required.

ALL IS GOOD!! I reinstalled WMDC 6.1 and made sure my UAC was turned off, rebooted and ran BuildOS and all went perfect not a single glitch and all in Vista, hoorah !! luv2chill i appreciate the help.