PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Lurker

maxm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
That is the app called smartskey, which is in the kitchen. But IIRC it has that feature turned off due to people thinking they could no longer control their volume). You can edit the smartskey.ini or wait a bit and I'll post one that has that functionality re-enabled.
Thanks luv2chill.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf71 View Post
Read all in red
It's very difficult to respond to your points when you put them in the quote like that. But here are my responses:

1. Yes
2. If you are with Sprint and chose Sprint in the carrier customize section, then when you receive an SMS saying "you have received new picture mail" then the link in that SMS will now take you to a properly functioning Picture Mail site. If Sprint is not your carrier then this does not apply to you, and if you do have Sprint but did not select Sprint in the carrier customize section then you need to go back and do that to make this work.
5. Sending between two PPCs was tested as was an infrared remote control program (Novii remote). I was unaware that beaming to a PC was any different but rest assured it will be tested and fixed if necessary.
6. All you have to do is look at Page 2 of this thread where someone already graciously posted screenshots for you.
8. Time Zone setup is part of the welcome wizard which you complete after flashing.
10. No, just choose your carrier in the "Carrier Customize" section of buildos and you'll have no problems.
11. Note I said "the latest version of CDMA-specific MMS" All 4.x versions are from GSM devices and do not have the necessary support dll (CDMI_API.dll) in them to send MMS from most CDMA carriers. The only exception is Verizon, which uses a GSM-type setup for their MMS implementation.
12. I don't understand your statement here
13. Note in my post I said "primary improvements over helmi's WM6 (AKU .4.2 ROM release)". The 1x-EV Switch in phone settings was definitely not functional in that release (many people reported it). If verizonguy fixed it in his ROMs then I was unaware as I have not had any time to use them. I am only speaking of bugs fixed and improvements made over helmi_c's last release.

I have to say the tone of your post bothered me. If you have additional questions please just post them without making them sound like accusations/demands. And if you don't want to use this kitchen, feel free not to.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-07-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Read all in red
7. Module addressing affects stability. Scrambled bootscreens (we call them 4am TVs) are because you over filled the rom. You won't get scrambled boot screens with the new BuildOS.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspenc3 View Post
You can also try going to the messaging app's "select an account" screen. Then hit "menu", then "options", and then uncheck the "display account picker when opening messaging".
Yeah..you can do that also..

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Lurker

philgross is a n00b
pure awesomeness

Thanks for this guys. I just built my own ROM for the very first time (after having used a smorgasbord of the fine pre-built ones from here over the past couple of years) and it's working perfectly. You all rule, and especially Helmi!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i900
Carrier: Verizon

csutton7 is a n00b
First let me say thanks for all the hard work so many have contributed to this project. And i'm sorry you have to deal with the whining of a few, but there's always a few in every crowd. Now to my question. Is there an easy way to add applications to the kitchen? I read through the instructions on verizonguys kitchen (earlier in this thread someone said it was a similar process) but even with the instructions it was way over my head
In particular i'm trying to cook Isilo reader into my ROM. I have the .cab and i can probably find the registry entries, but from there i'm lost.
Any help would be appreciated. And thanks again for the great app.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
Can someone help me? I'm in the kitchen and I select everything that I want cooked into the rom and when I go to build it, it tells me that the build failed because the memory is full. I don't understand that. I tried limiting what I put in and I still get the same thing. Can someone come to my assistance, if gguruusa or dpdurst are out there please reply...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Too many programs in your ROM. Selct less, your too ambitious. I was too.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

Snager is just getting started
Has anyone tried Opera Mini 4 with Esmertec Jbed Java in this kitchen?

I've downloaded the generic version of the opera mini since the site does not seem to have any support for HTC phones, ...seems to install fine but when i try to run it, nothing happends ...screen flickers for a bit and then Esmertec Jdeb and Opera Mini both crashes ...and im back in Today Screen ..
Old 11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Read all in red
You sir, are a rude individual with serious entitlement issues. If you're going to participate in our community, do it with courtesy and treat our respected contributing members with respect.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development