PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gonzo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
YGATFB - Translation enclosed

Translation:
You guys are the freakin' bomb.

Having never "cooked" before, I'm blown away by how easy this is to do. Granted, I screwed this up once (okay, twice) but you guys have it down to a science once you (the reader) ACTUALLY READ THROUGH THE DOCS!!!! Note to others; do the work...read the posts in the forums. One of the main things that helped me more than anything was the actual .txt file included in the .rar file (oops, I extracted the file) I now have a fully functional ppc-6700 that is better than ever. Faster...my brights brighter, my whites whiter.

Thank you. Thank you.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricegurukid View Post
now at the "Device Software Update Utility" Screen it says

DEVICE CE IMAGE VER : 2.07.20
DEVICE EXTENDED IMAGE VER : 2.07.200
DEVICE RADIO IMAGE VERSION : 1.10.00

TO:

CE IMAGE VERSION : WM6_AKU_070
EXTENDED IMAGE VERSION : (THIS PART IS BLANK..?)
RADIO IMAGE VERSION : (THIS IS BLANK ASWELL)

please help me, I'm not sure if I should go on or if I missed something.
Thanks guys!!!!!
That is fine. You a not flashing the radio or extended rom. That is why its is not showing info for it.

Your good to go flash away. Flash for the fences. just dont flash the old lady next door.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
Has anyone tried Opera Mini 4 with Esmertec Jbed Java in this kitchen?

I've downloaded the generic version of the opera mini since the site does not seem to have any support for HTC phones, ...seems to install fine but when i try to run it, nothing happends ...screen flickers for a bit and then Esmertec Jdeb and Opera Mini both crashes ...and im back in Today Screen ..
Opera Mini 4 is working fine for me.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

mensaphone is a n00b
Just saying thanks.
Donation on the way
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i900

csutton7 is a n00b
On my sixth flash, i've almost got it where i want it. But somehow my infrared port appears to be missing. In the CommManager there is a blank spot on the lower right corner. Not sure if it was gone immediately after the last flash or not. Anybody know of an easy way to resurrect the IR port?
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

fekhoo is a n00b
ppcgeeks is the best
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton7 View Post
On my sixth flash, i've almost got it where i want it. But somehow my infrared port appears to be missing. In the CommManager there is a blank spot on the lower right corner. Not sure if it was gone immediately after the last flash or not. Anybody know of an easy way to resurrect the IR port?
Thanks in advance.
which com manager are you using 10 button or 8 button? does it show an image at all? where the ir beam is suppose to be?
Also should ask this in the bug/patch thread.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: none

panamenyo24 is a n00b
im new here...sorry... im getting a message that says.. unable to open kitchen.....as soon as I double click on the dounloaded file. the picture pops up w/ the guy w/the cooks hat but after that nothing else is available....help please... im lookin to run this nu kitchen since the 1st 1 i dl'ded has my device hard ressetting.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Anyone getting the "Unable to open kitchen" error please re-download it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Jimberly is a n00b
I keep having the same error myself. But I don't believe it's specific to this buildOS since I spent a day getting a rom to load from Verizon guy's OS builder too. (I only had trouble with his RC1, not with his 0.6c, but I didn't do it enough with the earlier version to know whether that was a luck of the draw issue.)

So, specs, I have a Dell E1705 laptop running Vista 32-bit, and my phone has bootloader 1.00. Oddly if I try to run the RUU with the phone connected to either of the side-jacks, once it gets to the part in the bootloader, it crashes the program. If I run attached to one of the 4 ports on the back of the computer, starting while not in bootloader, it completes the initial phase, but then has a connection error when the phone reconnects itself through bootloader mode. (I also tried multiple cables, killing all other programs, creating a new, clean Vista user, etc., to no avail.)

After 12 hours of trying, I finally got lucky yesterday by physically disconnecting and then reconnecting the phone toward the beginning of the bootloader phase with Verizonguy's RC1. Today I finally got it to work with Helmi's new WM6 kitchen by starting in bootloader and running the RUU with full administrator privileges. I should also note that I had to run the kitchen itself with full administrator privileges to get that to work too.

I doubt this is related to either kitchen, and more likely related to some Vista-USB mishegoss. I considered flashing with Verizon's stock ROM, but the only one I have is the new 3.3 and didn't want to have to deal with getting my bootloader down from 2.05 to something workable.

One other thing -- in between my first easily successful trial with Verizonguy's 0.6c (which, again, I only ran once so it's entirely possible I just got lucky and the problem was there all along) and my interminable bout with trying to install from his RC1, I found and installed a USB update off of Windows update: 941600 I have since uninstalled that update (as well as the two others I put in at the same time) but it doesn't seem to have helped either.

If anybody has any ideas how to more reliably update through Vista or what I might be doing wrong, I'm certainly all ears -- especially since I just noticed my newly flashed phone seems to now be booting only to a white screen as I've typed thisindicating I probably need to reflash . . .

Thanks also to everybody for what must be incredibly time consuming work. I look forward to playing with my phone as a distraction from the work I ought to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledrican View Post
hi so i tried again in bootloader and says connection error so i put it in bootloader and did noid version its been trying to find device info for 10min and nothin should i wait longer help please bootloader 2.02 .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development