PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
few questions

First, I've been on this site reading and reading ever since the article promising a friday release of WM6 for 6700.

What a relief. what would I do without this site. Probably end up under my desk sucking my thumb with crosseyes trying to get my damn phone to install stuff

So.. enough of the chitchat. Few questions I'd like some peops on here to answer - you all have such a wealth of knowledge I'd feel stupid not posting my simple little questions.

1. Ive used ImmierSoft XCPUScalar for years. Is HTC Performance better? XCPU autoscales on userdefined cpu %... i've never put HTCP on a ppc but am willing to change...

2. I can start making some user.oem's - is there a specific place to start shooting them up to?
> PDAGear.net Today Plugin uninstall
> PPC-6800 Hacks

3. Is there ever going to be a way to remove specific windows files from ever hitting the ROM?

4. If I make a registry tweak file how do I get it to cook? Do I have to make an user.oem or is there an easier way? (hope that ones notin the help its been a while since I read it)

5. Any chance for source code on buildOS? I'd love to make tweaks as I've been doing .NET for years. (assuming thats what its written in..) Opensource..

I know im stretching it on #5 but it doesnt hurt to ask. I really like it here and I'm finding more and more time to spend on this stuff. I just wish I cuold do something to give back just as your hard work has given me.

Thanks everyone here, and especially HELMI_C =D>

Copy

ps cant wait to install the registry logger.. what a damn dream I'm living in. a PPCGeek fantasy...
Old 12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
1) No, HTC peroformance is not quite as good. It's acceptable, and it's free, however.
2) the ppcgeeks ftp for now. I think 6800 hacks is already in OEM form somewhere.
3) Not likely. What are you wanting to remove, anyway?
4) You make an OEM. It's easy (especially if you use OEMizer from Tiermann)
5) No. Bepe requested the source not be distributed. In answer to your musing, it's written in a smattering of languages and technologies...all depends on who wrote what part. At last count there were 5 languages and 3 technologies.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

moparman141 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
look in programs.

If you don't see them there, then tell us specifically what you are looking for that you can't find.
Sorry for the late responce, I've been away for awhile. none of the programs I've selected are in settings or programs. I mean not a single one. (I selected almost all options one time just to test the phone) Am I possibly setting up the kitchen wrong or not performing a critical step?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sph33r is a n00b
Anyone have any luck with the HTC Random Access program? Just seems to make the contact screen unaccessible on my Apache.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sph33r View Post
Anyone have any luck with the HTC Random Access program? Just seems to make the contact screen unaccessible on my Apache.
Please don't post the same thing in multiple threads.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I did note that you let the customizations run w/ the original ROM, so it's possible that some other carrier app installation is responsible for it working. Try manually installing the extrom cabs in the order they autorun, and see if it works for you. Letting the extrom cabs run is a terrible thing to do since they're designed for a different version of WM - so I suggest a hard reset afterwords.
I was thinking, I let the customization run on the origional helmi rom just to see what happened. When it installed everything I wanted, without any issues, i let it go. With the new kitchen install it doesn't run at startup after i flash, weather i do a soft reset or a hard reset. Is it possible, when the customizations occur, that it would pull down the version of wireless sync for the 6800 with wm6? That the fact that i'm installing wireless sync for the 6700, which runs wm5, might that be causing the issue once activesync occurs that wireless sync is not working? I haven't tried installing wireless sync for the 6800 which would be wm6 native yet. Might that assist in solving my problem?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman141 View Post
Sorry for the late responce, I've been away for awhile. none of the programs I've selected are in settings or programs. I mean not a single one. (I selected almost all options one time just to test the phone) Am I possibly setting up the kitchen wrong or not performing a critical step?
You would have gotten an error if you checked almost everything that prevented it from building a ROM. Try again w/ the current kitchen.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Fixed my problem, please disregard. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyCounsler View Post
ps cant wait to install the registry logger.. what a damn dream I'm living in. a PPCGeek fantasy...
Personally, I have not installed RegLogger yet, but I've been using SKTracker for a while now, and it works quite nice. It makes an "image" of your entire registry, and file system. You can do it before and after a change you make, or new install. And then compare it afterwards. You can see all the changes, new, changed, or deleted..

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay6700 View Post
Is there any way to extract individual cab's from the rom, such as microsoft voice command or total commander? Particularly I'm looking for Microsoft Voice Command. I looked through the files included but did not find anything. Thanks.
There is already a post on PPCGeeks .com that has the cab install for MSVC 1.6...

Same version that is in the kitchen... I posted it... Trying searching...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development