PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
You guys are funny! Dive right in, huh......?

The phone does have to be activated before upgrading, correct?
If so, I won't be able to upgrade until Wednesday.
No. It's doesn't have to be activated first.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
it doesn't???

uh oh..........now I got no reason not to do it then, huh?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vz6700

majorsporto is a n00b
It's all good Sarge...I ran the Helmi kitchen and upgraded my VZ6700 to WM6 last month, and it is like a new phone. I even got the big clock too! I am figuring all of this out as I go, and this forum has an extremely helpful bunch of guys.

I really did not get the deal with the Kitchen until I messed around with the OS Builder and flashed my ROM from WM5 (AKU 3.3) up to WM6 using the PPC Geeks rar as my source of additional software, there are some very cool add ons in the Geeks rar. I flash the ROM every few days to try this feature or that.

Hats off to these guys and their dedication.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
I'm IN!.....No hiccups or nuthin......upgraded the radio too.

Now if someone could tell me why it is that the Network Folder plugin don't seem to work right, and how to fix it, I'd be all set!

Gotta be networked.........
Old 12-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: sprint

jaejudah is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jaejudah Send a message via MSN to jaejudah Send a message via Yahoo to jaejudah
hey folks i'm new here and just downloaded hemi's wm6 kitchen for my sprint ppc-6700. at the end of the upgrade process i keep getting an error 150. rom upgrade utilty is not designed for my device. can someone please tell me how to fix this. thx
Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: cnn

lengfengfly is a n00b
Hello dear everyone, I'd like to change my default sound of alarm2.wav when doing my own ROM, but I can't decompress Apache_Helmi_WM6.rar because of the password. Could you please tell me that? My email box : (jfyfly at 163.com). TKS!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
You don't need to modiy the .rar, and shouldn't for this purpose. Make yourself a new OEM in the USER_OEM folder. In that OEM, put your modified registry key(s). Make sure the OEM has an alphabetically late UID (starts with ffffff is the convention for personalization settings).
Old 12-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejudah View Post
hey folks i'm new here and just downloaded hemi's wm6 kitchen for my sprint ppc-6700. at the end of the upgrade process i keep getting an error 150. rom upgrade utilty is not designed for my device. can someone please tell me how to fix this. thx
Join us in the chat room.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

jonnyb is a n00b
Hey guys, i tried looking for a similirly related topic but no avail since many pages would just 404 on me....

my question is: I put wm6 on my 6700 aboutttt a month ago, and it runs great, but a little slow. and on occasion, when txting most noticeably, it slows down to a crawl. soft rebooting seems to fix it but that is a hassle, was just wondering what i can do to tweak it!

also, i put minimal addons on my phone so i am not completely bogged down with addons.

<3
Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaejudah View Post

Someone (though I can't volunteer) should make a simplified FAQ for newbies. I know searching through threads for issues like this are difficult (search gets you a lot of crap). And this is such an easy question.

GErvy

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development