PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
windows xp is the pc os and bootloader is v 1.00 but what do you mean exactly by config txt.?
after building your rom, flashing, verifiying that you get white screen(s), push save to file on BuildStatus window, save to buildstatus.txt, close buildStatus window, goto File Menu on main BuildOS window, select SaveAs..., use ck_WSOD_config.txt for the filename. Upload buildstatus.txt and ck_WSOD_config.txt. They'll both be in c:\buildos.

*joy* That's the same hardware I have. WM6 here I come!

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-08-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Quote:
I have to say the tone of your post bothered me. If you have additional questions please just post them without making them sound like accusations/demands. And if you don't want to use this kitchen, feel free not to.
Amen, Luv2chill! This goes for everyone who feels they have a right to complain. YOU DO NOT! If you have a bug, post it in the proper place, showing respect to those that spent countless hours (unpaid) to bring this kitchen to life. If you can't do so, DON'T USE THE KITCHEN! You don't deserve to.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Really amazing work.
I think that one of my favorite things about this kitchen package is that when I install updates, it just overwrites the original directories but leaves the customizations there! So I don't have to keep moving all my converted OEMs and personalization files over.
Thanks again to Helmi_c & everyone who has worked on this.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

stickythumbs is a n00b
I'm a hero at work now, due to this kitchen. My 4 coworkers using the 6700s are absolutely blown away - thanks again for all of your hard work!

I'm also just as bothered by the tone and the demands of some of the posters here - you don't have to be on these forums, or using this kitchen. You can go back to the stock ROM, and keep your mouth (fingers?) shut. We are extremely privileged to have these developers and experts share their hard work with us, on their own time and for free, so be grateful for what you have!

Also - for those Vista users having problems - make sure that you are using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 prior to entering the boot loader and plugging into your PC. Also, check for BIOS updates - I've had 2 HP systems and 1 Dell that needed flashed due to unrelated USB issues, and suddenly they started working during the ROM flash.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Just got it installed (had to go to XP machine to do it - posted issue in BuildOS bugs section) and this looks very clean.

Easy process, I love the PPC6700 hacks app. Now I get to reload all my programs again.

Thanks to Helmi et al. This is my 2nd kitchen from you guys. Great work. Will post bugs if/when found.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickythumbs View Post

I'm also just as bothered by the tone and the demands of some of the posters here - you don't have to be on these forums, or using this kitchen. You can go back to the stock ROM, and keep your mouth (fingers?) shut. We are extremely privileged to have these developers and experts share their hard work with us, on their own time and for free, so be grateful for what you have!

AMEN SISTER as they say=D>... LOL.

Why is it that the people that don't pay for anything or pay the least amount seem to be the ones that bitch the most? We get them at my company all the time.

I think the forum and the guys on it are great. Thank god we have a place like this with some great developers and us underlings to use their stuff.

Daveedem
Old 11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Really amazing work.
I think that one of my favorite things about this kitchen package is that when I install updates, it just overwrites the original directories but leaves the customizations there! So I don't have to keep moving all my converted OEMs and personalization files over.
Thanks again to Helmi_c & everyone who has worked on this.
Glad you like it. That reflects several of the primary goals!

The primary goals for BuildOS were:
save selections
bundle kitchen into a single file to ease distribution issues
seperate user customizations out of OEM/SYS
radio buttons!
multiple kitchen handling (yes, one buildos installation can handle many kitchens)
better conflict detection during build process
eliminate command line usage
eliminate 4am TV screens
eliminate flash requirement to determine if rom too full
replace HTC64_encoder (on hold)

with the exception of those last 2, I think we accomplished them all.

there are a lot of secondary features that snuck in too....
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cheeb is a n00b
i keep getting the unable to open kitchen error...but...i saved my text ffile from the previous kitchen and opened that up in buildos and it ran my ktichen config fine and i was able to load it successfully on two phones...but nonetheless...no matter i still get the error when i open the file up
Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb View Post
i keep getting the unable to open kitchen error...but...i saved my text ffile from the previous kitchen and opened that up in buildos and it ran my ktichen config fine and i was able to load it successfully on two phones...but nonetheless...no matter i still get the error when i open the file up
I suspect you need to re download. See Tiermann's post at the bottom of the first page.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I suspect you need to re download. See Tiermann's post at the bottom of the first page.
I had the same issue... re- d/l'ing solved it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development