PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 04:45 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone Else feel WM7 will be a flop?

Neither 6.0, 6.1 or 6.5 area really impressive to me when you look at the strides new operating systems have made in far less time. I'm not really gonna have high expectations for it.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theutus View Post
I'm extremely happy with my TP2 on 6.5 now.
Lol are you sure its not the touch pro 2 hardware that has you so happy?

Truth be told, the pro2 will make anyone happy regardless of the software it was running.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
I disagree, making windows 6.5 more finger friendly is just microsofts way of shafting us. They know windows seven won't drop in the us until 2011, think about it.. If 6.5 was supposed to bring more finger friendliness y is it that it was released with only a lock screen and that very horrible unusable titanium/zune interface?how in the world did they make the lock screen show more info then the dang today screen? If it took that long to drop that bs and now they're wasting so much time updating it constantly, I'm not surprised at the delay. Why waste resources on an os that supposedly has nothing to do with ur newer often delayed version? I honestly believe that some of the new 6.5 updates will be in 7 and that it will be the same windows just with prettier larger icons. Nothing revolutionary will be released, just more of an evolution that will of course be an extension of windows 7 desktop version. I've seen all the "leaked" photos and I believe some were real and to be honest nothing looks new, Just more color. As I've said before we were hearing/seeing more of windows phone but as always, with another os being updated/announced/released(bada,android,iphone,blur,webos,maemo) microsoft has retreated and delayed again. This makes me feel like microsoft has nothing new or exciting to offer.
this is why i started this thread because of ur statment.....all they did for 6.5 was kinetik scrolling and a finger friendly start menu....underneath all that its still the crappy half assed windows mobile 6.1

Old 12-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Boost

mikgyer is just getting started

I don't understand how windows, who has a ton of resourses and stands to lose a whole lot, can call changing the start menu from text to icons an update, yet small developers like SPB can make a terrific interface to cover up most of it's flaws?

If windows can't get there shit together and find a way to put some lipstick on their pig, then they should buy someone who can. SPB mobile shell 3.5.x is where wm7 needs to go, just go further and bleach it all the way to the roots.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikgyer View Post
I don't understand how windows, who has a ton of resourses and stands to lose a whole lot, can call changing the start menu from text to icons an update, yet small developers like SPB can make a terrific interface to cover up most of it's flaws?

If windows can't get there shit together and find a way to put some lipstick on their pig, then they should buy someone who can. SPB mobile shell 3.5.x is where wm7 needs to go, just go further and bleach it all the way to the roots.
i was laughing the whole time i was reading this and thinking to myself ur right=D>
Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I think you guys are forgetting that WM was designed for business phones with non-touch screens, suddenly touch screen phones are coming out with OSs that are DESIGNED for them like apple's OS and android. It's not as easy as just rewriting all the code or taking phones out of the lineup to equip them with a new spb like UI. I'm not saying I am totally happy with microsoft because I'm not, but out of the the 3 big OSs out there, I'd still rather have 6.5. So as flawed as it may be, IMO it is still the best. arguments can be made for android, webos, apple, blackberry, and winmo.

I really wish wm7 was coming out sooner on phones that can support it, but saying a basically rewritten OS is going to suck based on the dislike of an OS that is very oldschool now and that microsoft blew it with 6.5 based on the fact that its just a cleaner UI I think is a little dramatic, especially because we all knew a long time ago exactly what 6.5 was.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
No the CPU isn't enough.
That may very well be true, but MS would be smart to actually put the WM platform on a diet with WM7. That's what they did from Vista to 7 and it worked out perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid
I think you guys are forgetting that WM was designed for business phones with non-touch screens, suddenly touch screen phones are coming out with OSs that are DESIGNED for them like apple's OS and android. It's not as easy as just rewriting all the code or taking phones out of the lineup to equip them with a new spb like UI. I'm not saying I am totally happy with microsoft because I'm not, but out of the the 3 big OSs out there, I'd still rather have 6.5. So as flawed as it may be, IMO it is still the best. arguments can be made for android, webos, apple, blackberry, and winmo.
Dude, touch screen Windows Mobile phones have been around since like 2003, 3 years before the iPhone, 5 years before Android.

But even if that were true, its not a good excuse for not being upto par.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: at&t

jaxbot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
I'm sure the TP2 will run 7.
I heard HTC tweeted and said that only the HD2 will get Windows Mobile 7 (out of current devices). All the others are too slow or not enough ram.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbot View Post
I heard HTC tweeted and said that only the HD2 will get Windows Mobile 7 (out of current devices). All the others are too slow or not enough ram.
ditto it won't run. But I will say that is nochem/cmonex may have a bs/p for us - I hope...
Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

by the time wm7 comes out there will be so many snapdragon tegra capacitive phones and the pro2 and the like will be oldschool (I'm guessing)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions