PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone Else feel WM7 will be a flop?

not gonna lie i do not have much hype for WM7....with nothing really being shown and Windows 6.5 lacking in alot of areas i feel that it will hardly differ from 6.5.1....yes 6.5 added kinetic scrolling and not much else.....dont get me wrong i love my TP2 and am a die hard windows user but i just feel that they arent doing much if anything to compete in the market....shoot with android taking alot of glory and phones it makes me wonder why Microsoft is taking there time......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
Re: Anyone Else feel WM7 will be a flop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
not gonna lie i do not have much hype for WM7....with nothing really being shown and Windows 6.5 lacking in alot of areas i feel that it will hardly differ from 6.5.1....yes 6.5 added kinetic scrolling and not much else.....dont get me wrong i love my TP2 and am a die hard windows user but i just feel that they arent doing much if anything to compete in the market....shoot with android taking alot of glory and phones it makes me wonder why Microsoft is taking there time......
I feel the complete opposite. I believe WM7 will be awesome. I believe them taking their time to complete it and get it out, even late (but not too late) is them trying to get it finished properly. I think anything to carry the Windows 7 name is some form or another is going to be big. Look at Win7 OS, it's doing well and is amazing. WM7 is built upon a brand new core and, as long as they can skip the vista step and do it right the first time, I think will be awesome. They wouldn't want to damage the "7" brand..
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think they did good pushing out 6.5 for now because it gives them an idea to see where the market is going and they can improve upon what they already have.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: Giorgio Armani 2 ftw
Carrier: T-Mobile NL

chainfire is becoming a great contributor

I used to think the same thing... but then that ended up being 6.5. Right now I have the feeling that WM7 will be completely jawdropping awesomeness, at least from what has leaked specs and development wise. However, I also have some experience with Marketplace, and seeing as that is easily the worst-executed software program I have ever encountered, that again makes me doubt.

We'll see it when we'll see it. Until then, all is speculation.

Just because I release most of my stuff on XDA, and only a little of it on PPCGeeks and MoDaCo, that doesn't mean I don't love you all.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If MS wants to continue to be a contender in the mobile phone market WM7 is going to have to be nothing short of amazing. I would think they know this by now and I expect WM7 to be top notch. If it's not, they're going to fall even further behind their competitors.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

QrafTee is a n00b

I think 7 should be good... I'm still going with a Droid... but from now until February is awhile so who knows by then.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

If WM7 turns into Vista, there won't be a chance to fix it, like how they got a chance to fix Vista.

I think that Microsoft going to produce a viable product though. I am especially excited to see things like true sharepoint integration. It's so frustrating to have to worry about syncing documents.

Hopefully they will add office live support too.

Multiple calendars will be nice too.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:54 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm sure it will be awesome.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael
Carrier: O2 UK

flywhc is a n00b

It will have multi-touch, new wince kernel so that run more than 32 processes.
Should learn a lot of ideas from iPhone, just like Win7 did from MacOS

however it let us wait for too long. WM is losing market.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

I read that wm7 min requirements where capacitive touch, multi touch, accelerometer, electronic compass, and some form of video chip. I cant say these are 100% or where i got it (probbly engadget) so dont hold me too it. But this most likely means a whole line up of phone that are better then anything we have now, as the minimum requirement.

I'm excited just to see the hardware level stepped up some plus with some leaked pictures of the OS it looks alot more finger friendly and flashly. Plus unlike the 6.1 to 6.5 update its a whole new OS bottom up so they don't need to continue support for old menus or features. They can redo them as they please.

It could flop just don't look at the 6.1 to 6.5 change as any indicator as to what 7 will be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions