PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
This "licensing" SPL unlocking process is very flawed and bordering on SHADY.

I got a replacement phone today, after successfully re-locking my original phone. I got the replacement phone home, went on my desktop, and went to install HSPL, of course got the message that I had already unlocked a phone. Sure... I did, but I relocked it. That's fine, so flag my IP address and/or unique identifier for my workstation, again fine.

Now here is what is NOT fine. I hooked the replacement phone up to my laptop, connected on my neighbor's wireless lan (with permission), and STILL can't install HSPL. So different computer, different WAN IP address... what could have been flagged by their "licensing" system?

So I took my phone to a client's office and went for attempt #3... new computer, new wan ip, new isp, pc STILL showing that I had already unlocked a phone.

Conclusion: Once I tried to install HSPL on my replacement phone from a PC that had already unlocked my previous phone, the "licensing" system has FLAGGED the IMEI of my NEW phone, and will not allow it to be unlocked without paying for it; or submitting a ticket and WAITING.

My thoughts: We have been allowed to operate in this legally gray area for years, doing things such as HSPL and ROM cooking. I believe this new for-profit "enterprise" of OliPro and cmonex is going to be the beginning of the end for such behavior...

How long till we need an unlocker for the unlocker?
Yeah, sadly software protection often backfires for those who even use it legitimately (how many people who bought valid winXP computers got those "your version of windows may have been pirated" erros?).

The system does appear to be somewhat flawed. I myself had to submit a ticket after getting my TP2 this week. Its sort of anti-climactic to be exited about flashing only to hit a brick wall due to a technicality beyond your control.

I respect their right to protect their intellectual property, however I would like to cast my opinion that unnecessarily frustrating potential donators may be causing more trouble than its worth.
Is it too bold to say that such security is only a good idea if it works?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started

I am getting the random resets and am taking the steps found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96190

It asks me to flash to stock rom and then relock... so i am wondering if i download the file found under this section:

how to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL: - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

It says only for warranty reasons so im wondering if this is the right way for me to relock according to the steps on the link... also wondering if i will have a problem unlocking my phone again since i did it once already.

THanks
Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
I am getting the random resets and am taking the steps found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96190

It asks me to flash to stock rom and then relock... so i am wondering if i download the file found under this section:

how to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL: - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

It says only for warranty reasons so im wondering if this is the right way for me to relock according to the steps on the link... also wondering if i will have a problem unlocking my phone again since i did it once already.

THanks
Yes, just make sure that you chose the stock rom appropriate for you.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

diminishedlogic is a n00b

alright I just read winmo 7's release date is being ANNOUNCED march 2010. thats just too damn long to wait for an upgrade on this stock rom.

PLEASE FIX THE UNLOCKER. Why release a product and ignore the feedback?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by diminishedlogic View Post
alright I just read winmo 7's release date is being ANNOUNCED march 2010. thats just too damn long to wait for an upgrade on this stock rom.

Who says they are ignoring feedback???? You do not know what they are working on or not working on, so why make such a broad statement?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:

winmo 7 will not work on our phone. it does not meet the hardware requirements.

you were told how to fix your problem with this unlocker a few pages back. just because there is a tiny percentage of people having a problem with the unlocker, it does not give you the right to trash it. on top of that, the problem is easily fixed when you send them a message, as instructed in the first paragraph of the first post.

Last edited by razorloves; 11-19-2009 at 08:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
winmo 7 will not work on our phone. it does not meet the hardware requirements.

you were told how to fix your problem with this unlocker a few pages back. just because there is a tiny percentage of people having a problem with the unlocker, it does not give you the right to trash it. on top of that, the problem is easily fixed when you submit a ticket, as instructed in the first paragraph of the first post.
Well said Razor....its amazing how many it has worked for...it seems like the regulars in the forums are not having issues...seems to be a booN problem mostly...all the answers are in black and white...not to mention the help you are providing....some people amaze me!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

why keep making ridiculous statements? go follow the information in the 1st post and get yourself some help. if this thread isn't helping you why keep trying to make people help you?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

diminishedlogic is a n00b

I emailed cmonex, was asked to donate. I don't have the money to donate.

I can understand you guys dig the product that the elite team have come up with. No need to get your flaming on, I'm frustrated as hell with the process.

And I don't think its a small percentage of people who had this problem.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I emailed cmonex, was asked to donate. I don't have the money to donate.

I can understand you guys dig the product that the elite team have come up with. No need to get your flaming on, I'm frustrated as hell with the process.

And I don't think its a small percentage of people who had this problem.
Are you trying to unlock the Touch Pro that is listed in your profile?

EDIT:
I just found your post from 10-31-2009.
Did you try putting the phone in bootloader, and pluging it in to get windows to load the drivers?
Then, I think disconnect the unit, soft reset, then try it again?

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 11-20-2009 at 05:05 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development