PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

This "licensing" SPL unlocking process is very flawed and bordering on SHADY.

I got a replacement phone today, after successfully re-locking my original phone. I got the replacement phone home, went on my desktop, and went to install HSPL, of course got the message that I had already unlocked a phone. Sure... I did, but I relocked it. That's fine, so flag my IP address and/or unique identifier for my workstation, again fine.

Now here is what is NOT fine. I hooked the replacement phone up to my laptop, connected on my neighbor's wireless lan (with permission), and STILL can't install HSPL. So different computer, different WAN IP address... what could have been flagged by their "licensing" system?

So I took my phone to a client's office and went for attempt #3... new computer, new wan ip, new isp, pc STILL showing that I had already unlocked a phone.

Conclusion: Once I tried to install HSPL on my replacement phone from a PC that had already unlocked my previous phone, the "licensing" system has FLAGGED the IMEI of my NEW phone, and will not allow it to be unlocked without paying for it; or submitting a ticket and WAITING.

My thoughts: We have been allowed to operate in this legally gray area for years, doing things such as HSPL and ROM cooking. I believe this new for-profit "enterprise" of OliPro and cmonex is going to be the beginning of the end for such behavior...

How long till we need an unlocker for the unlocker?

Last edited by tek818; 11-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:15 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telek View Post
umm works for me!
Quote:
Guys please, I implore you: relax. Olipro and Cmonex have been really busy as of late. I'm sure that this is unintentional and there is simply something wrong with their setup. They have put hundreds of hours into making this community a better place for us and helping us with our phones so please cut them a little slack. If you are getting the message that you have already used the program then follow the instructions in the first 2 posts of the thread and all will be resolved in due time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
This "licensing" SPL unlocking process is very flawed and bordering on SHADY.

I got a replacement phone today, after successfully re-locking my original phone. I got the replacement phone home, went on my desktop, and went to install HSPL, of course got the message that I had already unlocked a phone. Sure... I did, but I relocked it. That's fine, so flag my IP address and/or unique identifier for my workstation, again fine.

Now here is what is NOT fine. I hooked the replacement phone up to my laptop, connected on my neighbor's wireless lan (with permission), and STILL can't install HSPL. So different computer, different WAN IP address... what could have been flagged by their "licensing" system?

So I took my phone to a client's office and went for attempt #3... new computer, new wan ip, new isp, pc STILL showing that I had already unlocked a phone.

Conclusion: Once I tried to install HSPL on my replacement phone from a PC that had already unlocked my previous phone, the "licensing" system has FLAGGED the IMEI of my NEW phone, and will not allow it to be unlocked without paying for it; or submitting a ticket and WAITING.

My thoughts: We have been allowed to operate in this legally gray area for years, doing things such as HSPL and ROM cooking. I believe this new for-profit "enterprise" of OliPro and cmonex is going to be the beginning of the end for such behavior...

How long till we need an unlocker for the unlocker?
Wow you went from one extreme to the other....if you have an issue with the process my suggestion is maybe you want to start working on your own release of an un-locker....
Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Wow you went from one extreme to the other....if you have an issue with the process my suggestion is maybe you want to start working on your own release of an un-locker....
...and you might want to start working on your reading comprehension. The first two posts are not from me.

In all seriousness, the answer to all gripes related to this process is NOT "if you don't like it, make your own". I do NOT like the fact that my IMEI was flagged until payment was received and/or I waited an undisclosed amount of time for my new phone to be unflagged.

Last edited by tek818; 11-16-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
...and you might want to start working on your reading comprehension. The first two posts are not from me.

In all seriousness, the answer to all gripes related to this process is NOT "if you don't like it, make your own"

comprehension is fine....overlooking may be an issue along with fatigue....anyway your right...lol...sorry just glanced and it looked the same....

have you tried to contact them...it is in the first post on how that issue is addressed...I just have seen so many of the same posts in here....the answers to these problems are in the OP posts 1 and 2...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Honestly if I was cmonex/olipro and I saw people *****ing and complaining like this for something that I put in an immense amount of time for to help the community I'd be a little lax on responding too.

Look at their track records - they are honest and for the community. Drop them a polite note and I'm sure they'll respond when they can.

It's not like you need that phone of yours unlocked this very instant.

Based on others who are having problems with the first time that they tried any phone I'd say that there's something wrong with their server setup that is flagging phones incorrectly. Be patient - I'm sure they'll work it out in time.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dnalorx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dnalorx Send a message via MSN to dnalorx Send a message via Yahoo to dnalorx Send a message via Skype™ to dnalorx

Im not mad i have the same problem but these guys and girls do a good job... i have opened up a ticket and hope to get the problem fixed soon...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

if you submit a ticket and ask for help youll receive a fairly wuick response...i emailed them yesterday at about 4 and had an email waiting on me around lunchtime today...less than 24 hrs for a response is not bad considering how long it took to produce the unlocker...i have a strong feeling that these people "complaining" are the same ones who doubted that the unlocker would even be released...give the creators a break, afterall im pretty sure they have lives outside of windows mobile...wish i could say the same for the people who "complain"...keep up the good work everyone
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

apparently nobody is understanding the substance of my prior post. I am not "complaining" that their software doesn't work! I'm all for supporting them and paid the $6 rather than waiting. I am pointing out the tactics of their licensing scheme. My NEW phone was essentially banned from obtaining a license because I attempted to unlock it from a computer that has already unlocked and relocked a TP2. There is NO reason why they should be flagging the phones!

Last edited by tek818; 11-17-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Telek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
apparently nobody is understanding the substance of my prior post.[...] My NEW phone was essentially banned from obtaining a license because I attempted to unlock it from a computer that has already unlocked and relocked a TP2.
We're not missing your point but I think you're missing ours. You're jumping to conclusions here. Other people are having the same problem with virgin phones never having used the unlocker before. Almost certainly the system didn't flag you, quite simply your new phone is one of those unlucky ones that the server (for whatever reason) rejects. There's no duplicity or evil scheme here, just bad luck and a server that needs some tweaking.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
We're not missing your point but I think you're missing ours. You're jumping to conclusions here. Other people are having the same problem with virgin phones never having used the unlocker before. Almost certainly the system didn't flag you, quite simply your new phone is one of those unlucky ones that the server (for whatever reason) rejects. There's no duplicity or evil scheme here, just bad luck and a server that needs some tweaking.
I hear you and certainly hope that is the case...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development