PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp 2
Carrier: sprint

ryan27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

okay so i donated $20 and received instructions from rhodiumw unlocker. my phone radio is on (not in airplane mode) and i am connected and synced to actisync. but when i try to flash hard-spl i get the following error. " fatal error please make sure the radio on the phone is turned on and device is properly synced; please retry or try resetting the phone" I even installed the cab enablerapinew.cab and tried a soft and hard reset then try the process over again and keep getting the same error! very frustrating any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: PlaceHolder for HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
how to reflash Stock/Shipped SPL: - STEP BY STEP - FOR WARRANTY REASONS ONLY!

0. please make sure you already flashed stock ROM and radio, because stock SPL flash is *always* the last step before sending the device in.
1. download the Relocker by clicking here, extract the zip and run the EXE on your PC
2. if you wish to replace RUU_Signed.NBH that got extracted, feel free to do so, but not necessary (this Hard-SPL will only allow overwrite with a SPL made by us). the included one is the 0.63.0000 stock SPL. 3. flash
4. verify if it flashed by checking version in tricolour screen, it should say 0.63.0000, not 1.00.OliNex.
I flashed the stock 6.1 then the relocker and it still showed the 1.00 olinex on the tricolour screen.

Anyway to view this to confirm/deny? or did I do something wrong?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SimianJones is just getting started

I cannot get this unlocker to work either.

1) I formerly had a Touch Pro, I never had any trouble running the unlocker.

2) I am running Windows 7 x64 bit

3) I have avg antivirus, but I also ran the process with avg disabled.

4) I downloaded the most recent HardSPL zip file

5) When extracting (with SecureZip, an excellent zip utility) I get the following messages:

X - Cannot open file for write access: (omitted file path)
V - CRC32 verified
V - Extracted 0 files
V - Skipped 0 files
X - 1 errors/warning

6) Even though the extractor says no file extracted, the HardSPL unlocker is in the appropriate location. File size approx 1.8 mb

7) When I attempt to run the file (after deactivating AVG) is as follows

X - Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

8 ) Googled that message and the general solution is to rt-click>properties>general>unblock however the file is not blocked. In fact I checked the privileged and I (as administrator) possess all permissions.

9) Yes I read the instructions multiple times.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions?

On a side note, this community ought to be more upset that the publisher of this unlocker is permitted to provide a shoddy product, require payment for services *not guaranteed to be rendered*, and provide apparently zero-customer service. Everyone should always be upset about poor customer service. This is fleecing of the modding community.

Argument: Since unlocking is required in order to flash ROMs safely then it remains in the Chefs' best interest to have broad, reliable access to an unlocker so that members of the community can flash their ROMs and (potentially) donate to them. As such, the Chefs ought to urge this product to be unhindered by a shoddy copyright protection system coded into the product.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For people having problems running the program with AVG

Open AVG control panel, at the top go to tools, then advanced settings,
then click PUP Exceptions, click add axception, navigate to the folder that you downloaded hardspl to, and add RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe.

Then go down further in the advanced settings to Resident Shield, click on Excluded Files, then add RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe again !

I believe AVG marks the program, and even with AVG off Windows wont let it start.

Dont forget to click thanks if this was off any help.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:48 PM
N00b

SimianJones is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
For people having problems running the program with AVG

Open AVG control panel, at the top go to tools, then advanced settings,
then click PUP Exceptions, click add axception, navigate to the folder that you downloaded hardspl to, and add RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe.

Then go down further in the advanced settings to Resident Shield, click on Excluded Files, then add RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe again !

I believe AVG marks the program, and even with AVG off Windows wont let it start.

Dont forget to click thanks if this was off any help.
Thanks but zero effect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker

frostbite96 is a n00b

any idea how long it takes for them to resolve submitted tickets ?
I'm having the error where it says I've unlocked before. Submitted the ticket several days ago.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite96 View Post
any idea how long it takes for them to resolve submitted tickets ?
I'm having the error where it says I've unlocked before. Submitted the ticket several days ago.
Don't hold your breath... I've been waiting weeks and gave up. From what I have been reading here, sounds like they don't respond to anything unless you pay them..
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimianJones View Post
Thanks but zero effect.
For people having issues

I run Windows 7 64bit, I used winrar to extract the hardspl to a folder, AVG started barking right away, I told it to ignore, I then excluded the application in AVG as stated above, and it did run.

I tried for many days to unlock my TP2 the software kept saying that the phone had previously been unlocked, well I had just bought the phone from a guy that had lost his original phone, and this was the replacement that the insurance sent him.

I figured this was a refurb phone, some little bastage had used the phone for a while unlocked it, sent it in for some reason, phone got repaired and sent out to the next slob in line, so I paid the the unlock bounty of $6.32 US, via paypal, and 30 seconds later the software unlocked my phone.

I now run Energy rom.

Last edited by lionedas; 04-14-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Muldaak is a n00b

.EXE does not run for me.

Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2, bought it 1 week ago.
WM 6.5
Windows XP SP3
ActiveSync is up and running.
Logged in as Administrator
Double click .exe icon and get this:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or File. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Any ideas?

Is this required to install .cabs?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

kylewillis is a n00b

Having the same problem as many others in that it tells me I've unlocked a phone before, but this is my first time using this app or ever messing with my phone.

Some have said that you can buy their support for about $6 via Paypal. Where is that option? All I see is buying some sim unlocker for 14 euros and I don't want that.

Thanks for the reply!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development