View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
SimianJones
N00b

SimianJones is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

I cannot get this unlocker to work either.

1) I formerly had a Touch Pro, I never had any trouble running the unlocker.

2) I am running Windows 7 x64 bit

3) I have avg antivirus, but I also ran the process with avg disabled.

4) I downloaded the most recent HardSPL zip file

5) When extracting (with SecureZip, an excellent zip utility) I get the following messages:

X - Cannot open file for write access: (omitted file path)
V - CRC32 verified
V - Extracted 0 files
V - Skipped 0 files
X - 1 errors/warning

6) Even though the extractor says no file extracted, the HardSPL unlocker is in the appropriate location. File size approx 1.8 mb

7) When I attempt to run the file (after deactivating AVG) is as follows

X - Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

8 ) Googled that message and the general solution is to rt-click>properties>general>unblock however the file is not blocked. In fact I checked the privileged and I (as administrator) possess all permissions.

9) Yes I read the instructions multiple times.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions?

On a side note, this community ought to be more upset that the publisher of this unlocker is permitted to provide a shoddy product, require payment for services *not guaranteed to be rendered*, and provide apparently zero-customer service. Everyone should always be upset about poor customer service. This is fleecing of the modding community.

Argument: Since unlocking is required in order to flash ROMs safely then it remains in the Chefs' best interest to have broad, reliable access to an unlocker so that members of the community can flash their ROMs and (potentially) donate to them. As such, the Chefs ought to urge this product to be unhindered by a shoddy copyright protection system coded into the product.