PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
It's not that the "ROM" wasn't made for your device, it's because Sense 2.5 and its associated packages weren't made for your device. In order to have the latest and greatest packages integrated in the ROM, small glitches like that will be present... If the ROM wasn't made for you device, you can be sure your device wouldn't even boot, let alone have a functional device.
Ya thats what needs to be known to all, that no matter what some small "bugs" are going to present, and all the little "tweak" cabs don't help out either!!!! At the end of the day we are having our phones do things that it wasn't completely built do do.

I know for the lockscreen issues that were discussed earlier that i have that issue only when using a lockscreen that CHT has, the stock one works just fine.

These roms are dam near perfect for ME everytime i flash a new one. Maybe not having all these "tweak this tweak that" cabs installed or install them at a minimal amount will help stop the "bugs". Just my opinion!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
hey tried using HTCrie but i am never very sure of which files i can remove.
Also if i want to add some files can i just extract a cab into the same folder?
any help will be appreciated...
cheers
Instructions on using it are here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-diamo...ml#post1652991 , I just delete all files with the name of the program that I dont want and it works fine for me. I hope that helps!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
That's actually an HTC "bug". The action screen doesn't specify which mode the camera needs to be launched in, it just launches camera.exe. If you previous mode was video mode, then it'll be launched in video mode. If your previous mode would have been "picture" mode, then, of course, it'll be launched in picture mode.

Either way, I have fixed the action screen to force the camera to launch in picture mode now... Not a huge deal, but it's one of "those things" I guess.
Cool! Thanks for the info!! Never could find anything big wrong with the ROM, that was just small stuff lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

NGR, here is one: Bluetooth issues like answering a call and hangup a call with for example a Jawbone 2 device. Could you please go to a older bluetooth stack possibly?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
I know for the lockscreen issues that were discussed earlier that i have that issue only when using a lockscreen that CHT has, the stock one works just fine.
It's the stock lockscreen that's giving me the problem. Ooxteme, are you overclocking?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tootseroel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
NRG: Twitter (couple days ago)
Starting 2morrow... I'm gonna spend a day in the thread of each of the devices I make ROMs for, to answer questions, fix bugs, get suggestions

Let's save him some time & hunting around & get them summarized. Please help post your questions/bugs/suggestions & I'll summarize later..., we'll come up with a final main list before he even gets here...! Here's a start
ROUND 1
People with Q's or bugs or the issues below should do a short post, WHAT ROM & CARRIER you have & if you still are having issues. (NOT quote this long post)
DISCLAIMER: personally don't have some issues with some of these, just simply trying to summarize frequent questions & perceived bugs... Some suggestions post in green after Question/issue below.

TOP Asked questions & bugs in this thread
1. Why is MMS not working?
* must run Boesh MMS cab in paperclip
2. Where is paperclip?
* The beginning of the list of threads of each forum topic
3. Why are my : & / keys on my keyboard mixed up?
* you have to run your carrier (verizon) provisioning: program/tools/carrier settings
4. Why doesn't the bluetooth work properly? It works on everyother ROM... It doesn't hang up or there is a long delay after hitting hangup. (many have burned other ROM's due to this problem)
5. Why doesn't my phone hangup? #777 issue
6. Will you burn in the NK.exe CMONEX patch? Or, does your kitchen already have it built in?
7. The contact pictures aren't showing up in the list form on my dialer.
* problem when running 2168x
8. Lockscreen issues
9. My screen doesn't come back on. SOD (sleep of death).
* possibles: old ROM's did it more with early Cookie versions & betas (update ROM), lockscreen issues, remove or slow down your overclocking..
10. Keep getting low memory message: (look in settings & use the start menu layout switch to change to panel, CSM or Sense startmenu. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...842738#1842738 read step VII.
11. Why are MMS pics limited to 1 MB: Kiowa: cab named "sprint arcsoft mms 5mb size" to change from 1mb to 5mb
12. Is there a fix or CAB to get DRM working on this ROM?
13. Battery life sucks! What can I do?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...842738#1842738 read step VI.
14. Regardless of the ROM I use, it always ends up slowing down.
quick answer: Large files of text, twitter, mail, etc.. move to SD card...
15. Takes too long to set up a new ROM, how can I make it faster?
QA: Post # 5
16. Did anyone ever come up with an easy .Cab to fix for usb tethering? USB tethering is not working.
17. New? freeze/sod while playing music?... if the screen off with the power button (or time out..), music will freeze and force a SR after 30 seconds or so.
18. New MMS shortcut not working.
19. QuickGPS automatically download satellites? Yes I have it checked off but it never downloads automatically.

TOP SUGGESTIONS:
1. Build in NK fix or at least give some info as to why not or if you already have it built in.
2. Build in MMS fix to ROM or carrier provisioning
3. Fix BT hangup issue
4. Fix USB tethering
5. Fix DRM
6. Look into phone hangup & lockscreen issues.
7. Fix new MMS shortcut in the action menu. (sprint, ROM?)
8. Fix Quick GPS to auto update when checked. Not working
9. On the Oct 25 21682 Sencity Theme ROM... When u press action and camera it takes u to the camcorder, also Data disconnects sometimes while using data.

OTHER ISSUES:
In a Media app (YouTube, HTC Album, CorePlayer, TCPMP, etc.) and try to change the volume, the volume panel thing comes up and if I have a video going on in the background the part of the video outside of the panel freezes while the video continues playing in that little tiny box thing...on the stock ROM that if I change the volume in Media apps like the ones listed above, a HTC style volume indicator would pop up on the side and the video would continue playing like normal.

DaveTN, Kiowa, DatBioDame, Walrus, Straightup, Maxx, Mann, other VIP regulars in this thread please post others/any I missed... trying to hit the big & common ones.

Anyone else please advise also with either things you'd like to see or common questions/bugs/suggestions you've seen multiple times here that I missed. Will compile into one big list & hopefully even give links back to within this thread where the discussions took place. ~thanks in advance
for #9. i dont think its actually an SOD. its more like you need to keep pressing the power button multiple times until the screen turns on. its like the screen is not powered on but all other functions are working(black screen). also the newer roms do it also. and even with a hard reset with no overclocking, the problem still occurs. i am using sencity 2168X classic oct 25. sometimes i need to push it about 20 times over and over again until screen turns on.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tootseroel is just getting started

oh and also it occurs with or without lockscreen enabled
Old 11-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
It's the stock lockscreen that's giving me the problem. Ooxteme, are you overclocking?
Yes i am, and depending on how many steps you have the OC setup to have will have a lot to do with the lockscreen slowness. if you have it OC'd at say 729 and you have three steps its going to underclock when its sleeping then as it wake up it increases in the amount of steps you have set. so while the screen is locked its using a very small amount of the cpu so when it starts to wake up the processor is at a very low mhz. what overclock program are you using?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Could anyone else confirm this problem?

(it will have to have been at least 7 days since you manually updated the quick GPS)
Just checked mine and it was expired.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootseroel View Post
for #9. i dont think its actually an SOD. its more like you need to keep pressing the power button multiple times until the screen turns on. its like the screen is not powered on but all other functions are working(black screen). also the newer roms do it also. and even with a hard reset with no overclocking, the problem still occurs. i am using sencity 2168X classic oct 25. sometimes i need to push it about 20 times over and over again until screen turns on.
+1

Me too

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development