PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
This is my home screen:

My old transparent cabs work fine. For the softkey, use the Softkey 1 link from here: [REQ] Transparent Taskbar /Softkey bar - xda-developers

If you prefer softkeys without the "glass" border, I've used this manual copy process successfully also: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] 6.5.x "stock" softkeybar
hey bro i noticed tat it consumes lil more battery !!! wat say ??
r u using any battery saving cab, cuz this time i m not, n i m getting 1day +
Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tootseroel is just getting started
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 25| 21916|21683 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey man I had this same issue on stock sprint 6.5, never unlocked or anything. I tried several hard resets and it seems to be a hardware issue. there were a few others having the exact same issue around the time I was having it and one guy took theirs to the sprint repair center, they satis the ribbon cable was torn a little. so I want to say you have a torn ribbon cable too. so when the screen refuses to wake, you can still use the screen but can't see anything right? I got a warranty replacement...
i had a feeling it might be a hardware issue. but it doesnt happen all the time. mostly when i need it to wakeup is when it decides not too. like when i have an important call or text message. its weird, other times its fine.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jmana is just getting started

I am having some difficulty using the internet, every time I click to launch the browser the is a delay, sometimes of several seconds. And sometimes when I try to go to a website, it will start to load, then go back to the launch screen and I have to start over. I have been getting some popups about being low on memory, but I don't know what all I have to do to free up memory, as most stuff is put onto the card, and clearing out the cache and history don't seem to be helping much.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
I am having some difficulty using the internet, every time I click to launch the browser the is a delay, sometimes of several seconds. And sometimes when I try to go to a website, it will start to load, then go back to the launch screen and I have to start over. I have been getting some popups about being low on memory, but I don't know what all I have to do to free up memory, as most stuff is put onto the card, and clearing out the cache and history don't seem to be helping much.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...842738#1842738
read step VII.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
I've been having these issues as well with the last few ROMs and I OC with Ninja Duck Oct 1.5 as well. I usually stay with the stock OC settings (max clock of 729 MHz). Given the symptoms, I concluded that it was related to the OC.

Anyway, I just flashed to Oct 25 21683 this morning and decided to go back to SetCpuSpeed-1.0d and Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2 since i never really had any issues with that combo. I'll let you know if the SOD problems persist.
Update please...
I agree, I've never left SetCpuSpeed-1.0d!! Any more SOD's? Often you're just too OC'd also... all chip mojo is different!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Well, I am by now convinced that when I flashed the Sept 18 GTX 23*** ROM something went wrong and ruined my phone. Because I flashed it several times since, did the Task 29, etc, and it is still ridiculously slow. I overclocked it to 710 mhz, and almost no difference. For example, opening the menu (be compact, panel or sense) takes at least two attempts and a long wait. I have no idea what I did...
What ever happened with this?
Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

what the consensus on the freeze/sod while playing music??? I've turned off, auto off and seems to be more stable. however, if I force the screen off with the power button, music will freeze and force a SR after 30 seconds or so.
10/25 CHT2 TOG 21916 sprint provisoned OC to 652.

no lags or glitches in anything else---just music...HTC specificaly?????????
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Bohn101 is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

I'm running a Sprint TP2. I seem to be having a lot of issues with these Energy ROM's with Cookies 2.0. The phone seems to have a lot of gliches and lockups, or at least will take forever to finish doing very little.

I tried the 6.5.x Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct.25 ROM and that baby seemed like a nightmare and was absolutely too glitchy for me to use. I'm using this phone for work, so stability and tethering are the most important aspects for me.

I just installed the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct.25 ROM. For signal strength, the activesync icon is being display. Is there a way with 6.5 to show the battery and time in the task bar at all times? The only cabs I have installed are G-Alarm, Bejeweled 2 and StopWatch.

I see it seems that thousands of ppl use these ROM's which is why I thought I'd give it a try.

Is the issue using Cookie 2.0? Should I go back to Cookies 1.8? Can anyone recommend possibly a different ROM that has great battery life, tethering, and stability?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
The icons are located in the shellres.192.dll file. I had to use a tool, CustTaskbarTools.7z(contain four programs), to replace a the activesync icon to the one I made. I made the activesync icon smaller and placed it onto the upper left where it doesn't overlap the signal bars. If you are using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.20.7z then you can just put the file I have into your /windows folder and then it should fix it for now. Somehow whenever you are using data the activesync icon shows up. You can kill the activesync process and it will still be there so I think ENEGRY programmed the wrong icon for data. Unless it's related to the clock sync. If you kill your internet/data process then the activesync icon goes away.

The file is zip so you will have to unzip it and put it somewhere on your phone then use Total Commander to move shellres.192.dll into the /Windows directory and overwrite the old one. If you are using a different Energy rom then you can copy that shellres.192.dll file from your /windows directory and send it to me and I can send the file back with a different icon of your choice.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
VIP Member - Retired

NRG: Twitter (couple days ago)
Starting 2morrow... I'm gonna spend a day in the thread of each of the devices I make ROMs for, to answer questions, fix bugs, get suggestions

Let's save him some time & hunting around & get them summarized. Please help post your questions/bugs/suggestions & I'll summarize later..., we'll come up with a final main list before he even gets here...! Here's a start
ROUND 1
People with Q's or bugs or the issues below should do a short post, WHAT ROM & CARRIER you have & if you still are having issues. (NOT quote this long post)
DISCLAIMER: personally don't have some issues with some of these, just simply trying to summarize frequent questions & perceived bugs... Some suggestions post in green after Question/issue below.

TOP Asked questions & bugs in this thread
1. Why is MMS not working?
* must run Boesh MMS cab in paperclip
2. Where is paperclip?
* The beginning of the list of threads of each forum topic
3. Why are my : & / keys on my keyboard mixed up?
* you have to run your carrier (verizon) provisioning: program/tools/carrier settings
4. Why doesn't the bluetooth work properly? It works on everyother ROM... It doesn't hang up or there is a long delay after hitting hangup. (many have burned other ROM's due to this problem)
5. Why doesn't my phone hangup? #777 issue
6. Will you burn in the NK.exe CMONEX patch? Or, does your kitchen already have it built in?
7. The contact pictures aren't showing up in the list form on my dialer.
* problem when running 2168x
8. Lockscreen issues
9. My screen doesn't come back on. SOD (sleep of death).
* possibles: old ROM's did it more with early Cookie versions & betas (update ROM), lockscreen issues, remove or slow down your overclocking..
10. Keep getting low memory message: (look in settings & use the start menu layout switch to change to panel, CSM or Sense startmenu. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...842738#1842738 read step VII.
11. Why are MMS pics limited to 1 MB: Kiowa: cab named "sprint arcsoft mms 5mb size" to change from 1mb to 5mb
12. Is there a fix or CAB to get DRM working on this ROM?
13. Battery life sucks! What can I do?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...842738#1842738 read step VI.
14. Regardless of the ROM I use, it always ends up slowing down.
quick answer: Large files of text, twitter, mail, etc.. move to SD card...
15. Takes too long to set up a new ROM, how can I make it faster?
QA: Post # 5
16. Did anyone ever come up with an easy .Cab to fix for usb tethering? USB tethering is not working.
17. New? freeze/sod while playing music?... if the screen off with the power button (or time out..), music will freeze and force a SR after 30 seconds or so.
18. New MMS shortcut not working.
19. QuickGPS automatically download satellites? Yes I have it checked off but it never downloads automatically.

TOP SUGGESTIONS:
1. Build in NK fix or at least give some info as to why not or if you already have it built in.
2. Build in MMS fix to ROM or carrier provisioning
3. Fix BT hangup issue
4. Fix USB tethering
5. Fix DRM
6. Look into phone hangup & lockscreen issues.
7. Fix new MMS shortcut in the action menu. (sprint, ROM?)
8. Fix Quick GPS to auto update when checked. Not working
9. On the Oct 25 21682 Sencity Theme ROM... When u press action and camera it takes u to the camcorder, also Data disconnects sometimes while using data.

OTHER ISSUES:
In a Media app (YouTube, HTC Album, CorePlayer, TCPMP, etc.) and try to change the volume, the volume panel thing comes up and if I have a video going on in the background the part of the video outside of the panel freezes while the video continues playing in that little tiny box thing...on the stock ROM that if I change the volume in Media apps like the ones listed above, a HTC style volume indicator would pop up on the side and the video would continue playing like normal.

DaveTN, Kiowa, DatBioDame, Walrus, Straightup, Maxx, Mann, other VIP regulars in this thread please post others/any I missed... trying to hit the big & common ones.

Anyone else please advise also with either things you'd like to see or common questions/bugs/suggestions you've seen multiple times here that I missed. Will compile into one big list & hopefully even give links back to within this thread where the discussions took place. ~thanks in advance

Last edited by teradog; 11-02-2010 at 09:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

The new MMS shortcut in the action menu should be fixed
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development