View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Bohn101
Lurker

Bohn101 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 20| 21916|21682 * Sense 2018

I'm running a Sprint TP2. I seem to be having a lot of issues with these Energy ROM's with Cookies 2.0. The phone seems to have a lot of gliches and lockups, or at least will take forever to finish doing very little.

I tried the 6.5.x Energy.RHODCDMA.21683.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct.25 ROM and that baby seemed like a nightmare and was absolutely too glitchy for me to use. I'm using this phone for work, so stability and tethering are the most important aspects for me.

I just installed the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct.25 ROM. For signal strength, the activesync icon is being display. Is there a way with 6.5 to show the battery and time in the task bar at all times? The only cabs I have installed are G-Alarm, Bejeweled 2 and StopWatch.

I see it seems that thousands of ppl use these ROM's which is why I thought I'd give it a try.

Is the issue using Cookie 2.0? Should I go back to Cookies 1.8? Can anyone recommend possibly a different ROM that has great battery life, tethering, and stability?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
The icons are located in the shellres.192.dll file. I had to use a tool, CustTaskbarTools.7z(contain four programs), to replace a the activesync icon to the one I made. I made the activesync icon smaller and placed it onto the upper left where it doesn't overlap the signal bars. If you are using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.20.7z then you can just put the file I have into your /windows folder and then it should fix it for now. Somehow whenever you are using data the activesync icon shows up. You can kill the activesync process and it will still be there so I think ENEGRY programmed the wrong icon for data. Unless it's related to the clock sync. If you kill your internet/data process then the activesync icon goes away.

The file is zip so you will have to unzip it and put it somewhere on your phone then use Total Commander to move shellres.192.dll into the /Windows directory and overwrite the old one. If you are using a different Energy rom then you can copy that shellres.192.dll file from your /windows directory and send it to me and I can send the file back with a different icon of your choice.