PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Deadzone

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
If a reset didn't work, something in the connector is making the phone believe you have the headphones in. You first will want to clean the hole for the plug. I would try compressed air first, and then a little brush.
If that doesn't work, you probably have a problem with the contacts of the adapter and the circuit board. For that you open the phone, and check where is the problem, you might have to just clean it, or if a solder is broken, just solder it back.
there is no need to replace the whole phone.

Thanx you very much!) it's really working!)

P.S. Oh, no( after Resco Backup problem has returned air and brush don't work(

Last edited by Deadzone; 10-18-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

FROM: step VI. Updated *HOW TO! link in my sig. re. bunch of battery & other questions on last couple of pages:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

37MB more RAM?? I get 10-20MB more!!
Energy ROM's now have 5 start menu options built into each ROM, 3 of which give you at least 90 MB of FREE RAM!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1946969-post25443.html

Follow each of the 5 easy steps exactly!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=16392
To easily undo this & restore original start menu (win key) simply attached cab at bottom, works perfect:
From here: (i think.. I renamed it so I could ID in in my file manager): xda-developers - View Single Post - OCMan new Start menu Replacement(WVGA,VGA) _ Sense _ 5 columns....
Attached @ bottom: Restore Start menu.cab
***STARTMENU removal is now built into Energy ROM's, with Qmenu replacement, VERY NICE & TONS OF RAM

Want to run with 120 MB of RAM? Use a startmenu replacement above AND a sense replacement:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1973851-post26955.html

3. Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested - xda-developers there's a lot of discussion about bandwidth & negative.. but it does allow web pages to load faster (due to more channels @ same time (not bandwidth).
SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB
It's logically not suppose to speed up anything other than web browsing... but my eyes are telling me a very different story!! liquid browsing! "This tweak improves browser pipelining."...
People are reporting speed doubling!! Mine has browsing for sure.. you thought OC was something? Now add this!!!!!
For Opera, double these: xda-developers - View Single Post - Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested

**I've been doing this on my laptop for a LONG time: Use DNS 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.1

* BATTERY INFO & LINKS
*Buy new batteries, 2000mah: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1918312-post23316.html
EVO batteries fit: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1918312-post23316.html
2 EVO batterys another link
NEW MAXX battery savings info & cabs linked @ bottom of this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1936525-post24589.html
WMLongLife settings.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1973132-post26874.html
Does a white theme or background use more battery then a black one? NO

* Charging Batteries Using USB Power Not charging? Probs w/ car charging? Ton's of info on USB charging..or lack of.

RE. headphone plug... also spray a little contact cleaner/lubrication for electrical contacts in there: CRC 2-26 you can get it at Menards.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bean373 is keeping up the good workbean373 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Fix for Activesync icon overlapping the signal bar icon in Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Oct.14.7z rom.

What I did was downloaded the CustTaskbarTools.7z and modified the ActiveSync icon in shellres.192.dll that I got from /windows directory and saved it back to /windows dir on the phone. I made the Activesync icon INVISIBLE so you can see the signal bars.

I've attached a zip file containing the modified shellres.192.dll . You just need to unzip it and copy it to your phone then use Total Commander to copy it to your /windows directory. Just do a soft reset then you'll never see the Activesync icon again on the taskbar.

If you want I can probably recreate the ActiveSync icon so that you can still see it but set the opacity very low so that the signal bars are more visible than the Activesync icon.

If anyone can tell me how to set the icons on the taskbar in a certain order, please let me know. Seems like that one spot is hardcoded in so that I can't separate the two icons by putting them in different areas or columns.
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.192.zip (379.1 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bean373; 10-19-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

outbackpaul is just getting started

I have a problem with the sense music player. I set it to shuffle but after a restart it no longer shuffles the songs. I have to unshuffle and then reshuffle every time. Any ideas?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

@ TERADOG hey you need to look at this if your still using the "new app launcher" we talked about earlier!!!
[THEME][WVGA] GTXiPT 1.0 (GTX inspired IphoneToday) - xda-developers

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
@ TERADOG hey you need to look at this if your still using the "new app launcher" we talked about earlier!!!
[THEME][WVGA] GTXiPT 1.0 (GTX inspired IphoneToday) - xda-developers
Wow, real recent... will look into more later, thanks..
Ha, good timing, i'm working on updating the howto thread right now with a series of "START MENU" and TODAY/HOME menu replacements... which should yield 110 MB FREE RAM & above...

Ala carte, pick & choose... get tired of them, simply either hit the startmenu selection switch or check which today/home screen you want!

Lovin this..

Here's a simple one I just.. just found: (like the name better :>))
Easy Today Launcher v1.1.0.3
Easy Today Launcher - LoFFactory Home
Funny thing is... if some of the haters saw how my cookie 2 homescreen looked most of the time (solid icons), just scrolled up.. you couldn't tell the difference!

Last edited by teradog; 10-18-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I MADE IT!!!

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP

Kenny like that one!!!!!! Nice and clean thats the best part! Sense is nice and fancy but im like you i just want it to work all the time everytime!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Kenny like that one!!!!!! Nice and clean thats the best part! Sense is nice and fancy but im like you i just want it to work all the time everytime!!!
120 MB Free RAM a side benefit!! LOL
Simply LOVE the fact it's so easy to select Start Menu Replacements with NRG's ROM's now... before that was the show stopper, getting a good working startmenu & settings... NOW, not an issue thanks to NRG!!!

You're in the howto thread, VI. Speed 2b.

Last edited by teradog; 10-18-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I MADE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
120 MB Free RAM a side benefit!! LOL
Simply LOVE the fact it's so easy to select Start Menu Replacements with NRG's ROM's now... before that was the show stopper, getting a good working startmenu & settings... NOW, not an issue thanks to NRG!!!

You're in the howto thread, VI. Speed 2b.

LOL on the thread version and speed!!!!! Ill give that one a whirl!!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
LOL on the thread version and speed!!!!! Ill give that one a whirl!!
It IS you... I post that link you gave me & credited you...

Hey, check this out... was looking for a post of mine & google gave me this link..
"teradog should be added to the payroll for their contributions ..."
HA! LOL... sure could use it.. :>)) but can't find that statement?? If they put a schmuck like me on the payroll, then NRG is part owner!! :>))

*edit* got your post below ooxteme.. didn't want to take up so many posts... got it!
but I wonder how many people know they have another option built into Energy ROM's for the Home/Today menu... Or, ahhh shall I say:
Sense Cookie 2 Replacement Menu
Kind of funny, but to see another 10MB of RAM savings & for an easy test for those uneasy about change... simply put: start, settings, home, > (items), uncheck sense & check "Windows Default". (TITANIUM) You should see around 104 MB Free RAM. (personally don't like titanium menu.. some do)
To undo, simply check sense & uncheck Windows Default.

OK way too cool, right now it takes me seconds to jump between 4 different home menus
1. Cookie 2 Sense,
2. Titanium,
3. iphone today &
4. Easy today

& 5 different Start menus
1. NRG's
2. List
3. Panel (OCMan)
4. Compact (quick)
5. Sense

HEY JIM8181
OK, to get 12 hour format in the icon menu home screen (iphone) hold blank icon area, Options, Special Options Bottom Tab, Clock, ck 12 hour format box.

Last edited by teradog; 10-18-2010 at 09:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development