View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 13| 21916|21681 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8181 View Post
What's your take on this? I have it ready to load and want to know if it's worth it in your opinion.
Just too funny, thought that part of the post would slip by everyone... :>))

Welllllllll, a tad shy about it.... the word iphone is poison around here.. ha!
I in particular have strong distaste for iphone users.. not necessarily the iphone itself as they have to make something for the simple people...

BUT... I have to say, let's name it mmapplauncher ULTIMATE, or something else... mmapplauncher I've been using for the last couple days is nice, but I don't like the fact it's an app & you can't check it instead of Sense in settings/home. Also, when you select a program it always goes back to a blank today screen, as opposed to back to the menu of icons...

So, yea.. here it is again...updated
Downloads - iphonetoday - Project Hosting on Google Code :>)) (August update)...

BUT.... this one is your today screen and has better ability to press the icon buttons as well.

THIS ROCKS!!! I'm using it right now, and probably won't switch... I'm running around 118 MB free RAM on start, running over 110 most of the time! That's with a 22 page pool!!! Can you even imagine flashing a 10MB pp? Roughly 130 MB FREE RAM!!!!!!!!

AWESOME, But I don't think you need that much... my 2 cents? Depending on
1. the speed reports of the new cookie ROM I might upgrade (lots of people reported the last one was slow)...
2. Then I'd ditch Sense & flash a pp of either zero or 28, maybe 32!!! :>)))

The install program even makes the switch for you in settings (today homescreen). One issue many of these programs have is the interface to settings... BUT, with NRG's awesome startmenu options, the panel settings menu IS CONTROL.EXE in the windows directory. Simply hold your finger down & you're given the option to add an icon. Add it under "execute" and it'll do the icons & all the rest of the blanks for you.

Most of the apps will be found under windows/start menu of course.

Still can't believe I was suffering all summer on 50, 60 MB free RAM ROMs!!!! HA!!! I'm at double that with no loss in productivity. EVERYTHING FLIES...

The coolest thing is this... what ever your winkey pulls up for startmenu prior to installing it.. it's the same after the install... so pick which startmenu you want with the SMLS (start menu layout switch) Even with Sense disabled. About the closest one to stock I can find is "PANEL" as it gives you stock like screen with program folders & a few of your recent installed icons. The folders are exactly the same as they are in the regular Energy ROM!! Everything is similar, except... the settings is a button.

Funny as heck, my win/start softkey is mapped to pull up quickmenu (CSM) and my hard Winkey is mapped to pull up "PANEL". And, I have a "settings" icon in my main icon list... 3 different ways to get to "settings". :>))

This isn't rocket science.. it takes no time at all to switch back to Sense (start/winkey, settings, personal, home, >> uncheck it & recheck sense! DONE. Hello, at least try it, it's just an application... uninstall it if you don't like it.

Amazingly it also has all the live status icons as well!!! (ram, battery, % this & that, etc..)

Last edited by teradog; 10-18-2010 at 03:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.